2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Kyle Beach: John Doe

Not really sure how Quenville keeps his job either.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    It’s being reported that Joel Quenville is out as Florida’s coach

The Jets GM needs to step down asap now.  

Somehow the montreal GM so far is not involved.  But he drafted a sex offender and his time might be coming to an end soon.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    It’s being reported that Joel Quenville is out as Florida’s coach

The Jets GM needs to step down asap now.  

Somehow the montreal GM so far is not involved.  But he drafted a sex offender and his time might be coming to an end soon.

No shit. That's huge.  He's a great coach and the reason the panthers are competitive. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Well, and their excellent roster.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Well, and their excellent roster.

I don't think their roster is that great.  They play a great speed game,  with force.  I think that's system. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    With that offense they are going to be more than competitive.  To hell with Quenville

He's a dirt bag human being.  From The Athletic....

I think they should fire him.  I'm just saying I think he's a good coach and the panthers are better than the sum of their parts.  Conner Verhaghie (sp?) is a good example. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I think they should fire him.  I'm just saying I think he's a good coach and the panthers are better than the sum of their parts.  Conner Verhaghie (sp?) is a good example. 

He resigned last night.  He will never coach again in the NHL -- nor should he.
    They roll 4 lines deep, on O.  D is thin and G was meant to be their big question mark but has been great. 

Kings are in pain, already.  Drew being out is huge for this team and other injuries are not helping.  Played really well the first handful of games vs. expectations but now they need to grow up some and fight back.  Tough going with this squad!
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:

If they fire him he would still get paid. Best to let him resign so he doesnt. 
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

If they fire him he would still get paid. Best to let him resign so he doesnt. 
    I think they come to a financial agreement regardless.  Gruden did. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Chevy is still our GM. Addressing the media next week. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Blackhawks owner requests 'X-ing' out Aldrich's name on Stanley Cup

https://www.tsn.ca/chicago-blackhawks-owner-brad-aldrich-stanley-cup-1.1713300
    Give Peas A Chance…

TRAIKOS: Everyone — including Jets' GM Kevin Cheveldayoff — bears level of responsibility for mishandling of Kyle Beach's case

Florida has a good team, they don’t need a dirt bag like Quenville.  He knew and said nothing.  The fucking players knew, and they did nothing.  I always knew Kane was a dirt bag but I did not think Toews was…what a pos…all these people from that team should be banned from the nhl and the hall of fame.

Time to throw the trash out…

The same should be done in a MontreaL, their GM should be fired and never be allowed nhl involvement…throw the trash out.

Give Peas A Chance…
    For drafting the dirtball to Montreal?
    Weren't you arguing that the kid deserved a second chance when they drafted him?
    I think some were, forget if you felt that way or not.

For drafting the dirtball to Montreal?
    Weren't you arguing that the kid deserved a second chance when they drafted him?
    I think some were, forget if you felt that way or not.

Yes.  But as people we have a right to change our mind.  But I also find it hard to believe everyone else knew what was going on in Chicago but the Montreal GM.

But I expect management in the nhl display poor judgement, but I expect the captain to protect his teammates from this…

I’ve always cheered the wings as my second team…I’ve moved them to the team I’d rather cheer for…plus I am a huge StevieY fan…

been a Montreal fan my whole life.  They have been a very classy organization for most of its existence…but under Molson they have lost that edge…and they did not need to draft that kid.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    There's a trend in North American society wherein people in positions of power and authority feel their resignation from a job constitutes a fair penalty for their criminal activity. Let's hope the major people involved in this criminal negligence centered on sexual assault are all held accountable in the criminal justice system.
    BF89905 said:
    There's a trend in North American society wherein people in positions of power and authority feel their resignation from a job constitutes a fair penalty for their criminal activity. Let's hope the major people involved in this criminal negligence centered on sexual assault are all held accountable in the criminal justice system.
    This has happened before in hockey.  Theo Fleury hasa story, Sheldon Kennedy and others have a story, there was some inappropriate stuff going on at maple leafs garden when Ballard owned the team.  Like usual the nhl only does half measures…  

lots of people display fake outrage over this incident…

And I’m sure there are plenty more incidents, reported and not reported.

The NHL like other sports exploit young people and escapes responsibility.  Bettman will not fix the problem.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    edited November 2021
    sooo, Hurricanes are the only undefeated team left at this point :smiley:

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Crazy that hockey in the southeast is so strong right now 
    Yes,  The Stanley Cup is handed out in November…

Give Peas A Chance…
    Yes,  The Stanley Cup is handed out in November…

It's just nice they're out to a good start this year, let me be happy.

It’s great for the 10 or 15 hockey fans in Carolina.

Give Peas A Chance…
    Almost 17,000 fans per night in 2019/2020.  Not too shabby, I would say.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Its the BOG.  If they want Bettman out, he will be out.  He will be replaced with another greasy lawyer type though who everyone will hate (instead of hating the BOG).
    Pittsburgh and their farm team are accused of covering up a sexual assault…shocker.

maybe these perverts could hop a jet to Vegas and hit up a brothel…

Give Peas A Chance…

It was pretty bad there for a while before I moved back to PA. Now they're one of the NHL's powerhouses, love it.

And fire Bettman already, long time coming.

a5pj said:

It was pretty bad there for a while before I moved back to PA. Now they're one of the NHL's powerhouses, love it.

It’s great that you got a team…a good team.  I hope KK works out for you.  My opinion will never change, there are too many teams and not enough good talent to support 32 teams.  Far too many AHLers in the NHL when they should never get promoted.  The only time I really watch hockey is the playoffs when half the garbage teams are golfing..

Get rid of the instigator rule and the excitement level increases as well as goals.  The goaltender interference is another joke…

up here in Canada the dumb hockey fans have no problem dropping 200 for nose bleeds…and no Cup is co int to Canada anytime soon.  Unfortunately Canadians teams are at a disadvantage…

My buddies and I often muse that the Canadians teams would be wise to pull out and take the original 6 US teams with them and few of the solid franchise…lol.  Fun talk is all.  The thing is.  The NHL is all about the Stanley Cup..so if the Canuck teams want to try to form their own league with a few us teams they end up with the Stanley Cup to award at the conclusion…like I say fun talk.  The Beaty of the cup is that the NHL does not own it.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    a5pj said:

It’s great that you got a team…a good team.  I hope KK works out for you.  My opinion will never change, there are too many teams and not enough good talent to support 32 teams.  Far too many AHLers in the NHL when they should never get promoted.  The only time I really watch hockey is the playoffs when half the garbage teams are golfing..

Get rid of the instigator rule and the excitement level increases as well as goals.  The goaltender interference is another joke…

up here in Canada the dumb hockey fans have no problem dropping 200 for nose bleeds…and no Cup is co int to Canada anytime soon.  Unfortunately Canadians teams are at a disadvantage…

My buddies and I often muse that the Canadians teams would be wise to pull out and take the original 6 US teams with them and few of the solid franchise…lol.  Fun talk is all.  The thing is.  The NHL is all about the Stanley Cup..so if the Canuck teams want to try to form their own league with a few us teams they end up with the Stanley Cup to award at the conclusion…like I say fun talk.  The Beaty of the cup is that the NHL does not own it.  
    You play where the money is.  The money is in the states and it's moving south too.
    mrussel1 said:
    a5pj said:

You play where the money is.  The money is in the states and it's moving south too.

Yeah, as someone who loves the idea of Canadian Hockey and believes it is important to have Canadian teams win I do agree that the players will go where the money is, not where the Cup is.  It may make for fun talk (and I can imagine Canadian fans might be all for the scenario you describe) but will not happen.

I don't personally think there is much of an issue is with too many teams / not enough talent, I think the weaker teams today would do very well against old school teams from when it was a small league.  Athletes in general are better now - that is seen in so many areas.
    My biggest issue is that I live 2 times zones from my favorite team so I rarely watch them play.  End up watching all sorts of games between teams I don't root for.  Thank FSM for fantasy sports so I have more of a rooting interest, or I am sure I would gamble more.
    (Or, I would need to adopt the local team as Team #2....but then I would become the Wobbie of Hockey and woot for multiple teams...and I don't want to be that! ;))