The National Football League

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Now we're getting into the good stuff - we get see how much of a lapdog Schefter is, excellent.
  • The stupid "Football Team," looking to distract from the investigation into them, are retiring Sean Taylor's number this weekend. This guy brings up a good point....

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Unreal.  Snyder really is the worst.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    They really give London some shit games, huh? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    Wobbie said:
    They really give London some shit games, huh? :lol:

used to low scoring "football".....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Congrats to Spielman.. Pride of Massillon, all time great Buckeye, and now all timer for the Lions. Plus he is just a first class human being, considering all he went through with his wife and his continuing to support breast cancer awareness.  Great video where the franchise surprised him. 

And first high school player ever on a box of Wheaties.  

• Anybody watch Brady's 600TD ball get given away to a fan who basically through away a few hundred thousand dollars by giving back that football?

I would hope that Brady and Bucs management takes care of that guy even if he is a damn doctor...

Oh and Mahomes got paid and the rest of the team is going to suffer.  I said I wasn't ready to panic but after this week I will put out the distress flag.  They looked even shittier.
  • If you haven't read up on Arch Manning do so.  He is next in line of the Manning royalty of QB's.  Dude seems destined to become great and a very good head on his shoulders.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Anybody watch Brady's 600TD ball get given away to a fan who basically through away a few hundred thousand dollars by giving back that football?

I would hope that Brady and Bucs management takes care of that guy even if he is a damn doctor...

They gave him a $1000 gift card to the team store and a different game ball

• Jumb0 said:
    Anybody watch Brady's 600TD ball get given away to a fan who basically through away a few hundred thousand dollars by giving back that football?

They gave him a $1000 gift card to the team store and a different game ball

500k world record ball>another ball and $1000

Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!
  • That guy was in a tough spot. First off, it's not like a homerun ball where it was hit to him. Mike Evans stupidly gave it to him. Secondly, once the cameras were on him negotiating about the ball, if he refused to give it up, he'd become the subject of bullshit ridicule online. It's easy to say in hindsight that you'd endure that for 500K, but in the moment, with all eyes on him and a team official talking to him, I can see why he gave it up. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • That guy was in a tough spot. First off, it's not like a homerun ball where it was hit to him. Mike Evans stupidly gave it to him. Secondly, once the cameras were on him negotiating about the ball, if he refused to give it up, he'd become the subject of bullshit ridicule online. It's easy to say in hindsight that you'd endure that for 500K, but in the moment, with all eyes on him and a team official talking to him, I can see why he gave it up. 
    I would have left.  Seriously.

Found a bank and a safe deposit box and put the ball in there.

Come to me w what you think it's worth.  This is special and I am not giving back the kings treasure for a few magic beans...

Dude should have gotten paid.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    That guy was in a tough spot. First off, it's not like a homerun ball where it was hit to him. Mike Evans stupidly gave it to him. Secondly, once the cameras were on him negotiating about the ball, if he refused to give it up, he'd become the subject of bullshit ridicule online. It's easy to say in hindsight that you'd endure that for 500K, but in the moment, with all eyes on him and a team official talking to him, I can see why he gave it up. 
    Yep, you are either a selfish d***** for keeping the ball or an idiot for giving it up. He couldn't win in that situation.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

Oh and Mahomes got paid and the rest of the team is going to suffer.  I said I wasn't ready to panic but after this week I will put out the distress flag.  They looked even shittier.
    Mahomes getting paid isn't going to make the team suffer.  It's making bad moves like trading/signing for Frank Clark ($25.8M cap hit), signing Anthony Hitchens to be a 3-down linebacker ($10.6M cap hit) and extending Chris Jones (4 years, $80M+) then moving him out of his most effective spot on the field from DT to DE.  There are bad investments that are sinking their cap number and leaving too many weaknesses all over the field.  You can't be wrong on that many high-paid players. 

I will say this.  Mahomes has lost his poise.  It's one thing to press to do what you can to win, but he looks to have no trust whatsoever in his teammates and that's a big problem.  You have to be able to focus on your job and not try to score 28 points on every play.  That attitude will permeate (and did yesterday) and cause the rest of the team to try to do too much.  The great QBs play within themselves, even when things get shitty.  It's important to focus on the next snap and nothing else as the QB.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Anybody watch Brady's 600TD ball get given away to a fan who basically through away a few hundred thousand dollars by giving back that football?

Mahomes getting paid isn't going to make the team suffer.  It's making bad moves like trading/signing for Frank Clark ($25.8M cap hit), signing Anthony Hitchens to be a 3-down linebacker ($10.6M cap hit) and extending Chris Jones (4 years, $80M+) then moving him out of his most effective spot on the field from DT to DE.  There are bad investments that are sinking their cap number and leaving too many weaknesses all over the field.  You can't be wrong on that many high-paid players. 

I will say this.  Mahomes has lost his poise.  It's one thing to press to do what you can to win, but he looks to have no trust whatsoever in his teammates and that's a big problem.  You have to be able to focus on your job and not try to score 28 points on every play.  That attitude will permeate (and did yesterday) and cause the rest of the team to try to do too much.  The great QBs play within themselves, even when things get shitty.  It's important to focus on the next snap and nothing else as the QB.
    When the bulk of the cap goes to him yes the rest of the team suffers.  When he was cheap they had a hell of a defense and an O line.  Those days are gone now.

Yes Mahomes does not trust his players.  it is a shame because he is a generational player and hope he bounces back like the greats do.
    So what should the Chiefs have done?  Not signed him?  I would rather have Patrick Mahomes at the rate he went for, than go through the first 37 years of my life watching the DeBergs, washed up Montanas, Alex Smiths, all over again.  That is the going rate for a franchise QB.  It's the cost of doing business.  If you spend your money more wisely and start being more frugal with your draft capital, you can take on a contract like Pat's and contend for championships.
    No team with a franchise QB - one that has won a Super Bowl and an MVP - doesn't sign and/or extend and/or take up the largest portion of their salaries. How is this even a conversation? The team doesn't suffer. The team benefits from having a top-3/5 QB, which is rightly paid as such as it's the most important position in the game. They already benefitted by getting a "discount" by winning a SB, and going to an additional SB, while on his rookie deal. Seriously, what are we even talking about here?
    No team with a franchise QB - one that has won a Super Bowl and an MVP - doesn't sign and/or extend and/or take up the largest portion of their salaries. How is this even a conversation? The team doesn't suffer. The team benefits from having a top-3/5 QB, which is rightly paid as such as it's the most important position in the game. They already benefitted by getting a "discount" by winning a SB, and going to an additional SB, while on his rookie deal. Seriously, what are we even talking about here?
    That's why I get so up in arms when I hear someone say "they're going to pay for their QB taking up cap space." I would rather have that in a perennial pro bowl QB and potential Hall of Famer, than a running back (Derrick Henry), pass rusher (T.J. Watt) or safety (Jamal Adams). 

Besides it's not Mahomes who is the drain on the cap this season ($7.4M), it's Frank Clark!  THATS the drain on the Chiefs cap.  $26M for a mediocre edge player and has two weapons charges within 4 months.  If anything, they got a bargain with Mahomes.  He is by far the most marketable and celebrated athlete in the history of Kansas City sports.  You don't let that walk.
    You have a stud QB who is only 26 years old, and a hall of fame coach. Yeah, I think you're fine.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited October 2021
    I thought The Mahomes Rate was the same any old sneakerhead goes at?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    God I hate those fucking commercials
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    God I hate those fucking commercials

The only thing men buy (according to ads during football) is Insurance.  Oh, fast food and beer.
    The Jake from State Farm are some of the worst of the worst.

This is true.

BTW, I agree fully on paying Patrick Mahomes.
    The game last night showed exactly what happens when you pay money to a crappy QB and expect him to play well. 
    If Mahomes is on 49ers they win that game comfortably.  Instead they allowed Price fucking Harry to heave up shitty deep passes to draw idiotic PI penalties and could not move the ball on offense, themselves.

Straight trash, homie.
    Starting QBs come at a premium once they are off of their rookie contract.  I guess if you wanted to avoid paying out that amount of money to a QB, you can just keep drafting one every 4 years and bank on them being good enough in years 2-4 to get you to be a championship contender.  Good luck to that strategy.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Starting QBs come at a premium once they are off of their rookie contract.  I guess if you wanted to avoid paying out that amount of money to a QB, you can just keep drafting one every 4 years and bank on them being good enough in years 2-4 to get you to be a championship contender.  Good luck to that strategy.

Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I’d rather have cash but at least they kinda blew it out for the dude. Heard he wanted a round of golf with Brady.

Bucs are giving Byron Kennedy the following for the No. 600 TD football: Two signed jerseys and a helmet from Tom Brady, a signed Mike Evans  jersey & his game cleats, a $1K credit at our team store, and two season passes for the remainder of this season as well as next season.
    DewieCox said:
    I’d rather have cash but at least they kinda blew it out for the dude. Heard he wanted a round of golf with Brady.

Bucs are giving Byron Kennedy the following for the No. 600 TD football: Two signed jerseys and a helmet from Tom Brady, a signed Mike Evans  jersey & his game cleats, a $1K credit at our team store, and two season passes for the remainder of this season as well as next season.
    And you're not a dick, to boot.  Seems like he did okay