“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Raising Arizona
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • My god H20 is a better movie.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Star Wars: Episode IX—The Rise of Skywalker
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Halloween Kills. I want my $32 back please.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Halloween Kills. I want my $32 back please.
    That bad?

was gonna go tomorrow early before kickoff

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Make the Economy Scream (2019)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    The Batman 2nd trailer 

looks promising

https://youtu.be/AJmEaYsLYB8
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    CROJAM95 said:
    The Batman 2nd trailer 

looks promising

https://youtu.be/AJmEaYsLYB8
    https://youtu.be/tKnG06-oYcg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2021
    I paid 11 dollars here in Sweden. But man it was... surprisingly badly written and laughable directed. 

MY ADVICE would have been to put Myers back a bit in the shadows by having the film focus on the police reacting to what happened in the last movie and the first hours of them working to try to catch Myers who has survived while people are out partying/trick or treating. Make it more into a investigation/Scandinavian noir type movie. And no one knowing - characters in the film or the audience - where Myers is holding up/escaping to. Now, you pretty much follow Myers as the protagonist having him pop up everywhere with brand new "goofy" characters and not even trying to build up tension (instead focusing on gore and a boring slasher body count). Fucking weird decisions to make this so campy and tired. And the mob scenes... haha.

And the scene with the Nurse (from the 78 film) in the car in Halloween Kills. Compare it to the tension of the scene with the same actress/character from H20:

https://youtu.be/tQgdCmOWLAY

Or compare anything Jamie Lee Curtis does here, to how much better the character is in H20.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Halloween Kills is FREE on Peacock.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I still wouldn't watch it.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • There is one "cool" thing in the movie though, and one scene I liked:

The fact they used Dr Loomis in the flashbacks AND it was just a dude that worked on the production that looked like Donald Pleasence - no ugly looking CGI or something of that nature. I don't know why - but it made me happy that they just had a guy looking like Donald Pleasence working on the film and they thought "why not just use that guy".

Also, in the flashback to 1978 - there is a scene with two cops out looking for Myers. And one of them talk about how he went to school with Myers and his mom forced him to play with him. A nice classy way to shed some more light on who Michael Myers was before killing his sister, without removing the mystique of him and why he killed his sister. 

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Halloween Kills.  I enjoyed it.  Looking forward to Halloween Ends this time next year!  

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    goldrush said:

This was so good.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2021
    The Guilty (2021) with Jake Gyllenhal. don't recommend. Jake's character Joe is annoying AF. Not in a "love to hate" way, just really, really obnoxious. His acting is top notch, but the dialogue and plot are sub par. 
    Have you seen the danish original?

no, but I read it was better than the Gyllenhal version. 

I can't really say I guess, as I couldn't get through the first 15 or 20 minutes. I felt like I was going crazy, it was so fucking slow. I just couldn't do it any longer.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2021
    I paid 11 dollars here in Sweden. But man it was... surprisingly badly written and laughable directed. 

MY ADVICE would have been to put Myers back a bit in the shadows by having the film focus on the police reacting to what happened in the last movie and the first hours of them working to try to catch Myers who has survived while people are out partying/trick or treating. Make it more into a investigation/Scandinavian noir type movie. And no one knowing - characters in the film or the audience - where Myers is holding up/escaping to. Now, you pretty much follow Myers as the protagonist having him pop up everywhere with brand new "goofy" characters and not even trying to build up tension (instead focusing on gore and a boring slasher body count). Fucking weird decisions to make this so campy and tired. And the mob scenes... haha.

And the scene with the Nurse (from the 78 film) in the car in Halloween Kills. Compare it to the tension of the scene with the same actress/character from H20:

Or compare anything Jamie Lee Curtis does here, to how much better the character is in H20.

I feel like all the Halloweens pretty much suck, so I don't think this one would disappoint me. I think the best one is actually Rob Zombie's Halloween. That one at least had some decent character development and a more thorough story line. I know the original had some new film making techniques that were pretty cool, and I can definitely appreciate that, but I still don't think it's a very good movie. Watchable, but not good.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PJ_Soul said:

I think the best one is actually Rob Zombie's Halloween. That one at least had some decent character development and a more thorough story line.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Nebraska (2013)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Just watched the new Dune film. 

Gorgeous. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2021
    dankind said:
    Just watched the new Dune film. 

Gorgeous. 
    Did you enjoy the swedish actors?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I’m not a big fan of that Momoa guy (overhyped) but it looks good. Visually cool. Probably gonna watch this weekend.

Never saw the original either. Or Momoa in anything :lol:
  • hedonist said:
    I’m not a big fan of that Momoa guy (overhyped) but it looks good. Visually cool. Probably gonna watch this weekend.

Mamoa does not have that big of a part.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    hedonist said:

Hahaha.  Wait, why is he overhyped if you have never seen him in anything?

He seems like a cool guy and some women do seem to swoon over his looks but he is an average actor, imo.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    hedonist said:

Mamoa does not have that big of a part.
    That's what she said.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:

He seems like a cool guy and some women do seem to swoon over his looks but he is an average actor, imo.
    my sister melts any time his name is mentioned. i hate when his name is mentioned. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    hedonist said:

my sister melts any time his name is mentioned. i hate when his name is mentioned. 

I am inclined to like him for his role as Khal Drogo....and then I subsequently saw a bunch of things showing a mix of good deed sort of things he has done and he seems cool.  One of my sister in laws said Aquaman was amazing.  I watched it and laughed at most of it.  When I asked she said she only paid attention to him and not the actual movie.   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved