*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Someone on Twitter saying he’s at Delilah’s. God I hope that’s true
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    All about the money.  Players have more power in the NBA in any league.  He'll continually get suspended and file a grievance and he'll end up getting paid, until he is traded. That's been his game the entire time.  Make life hard on the Sixers to force them to trade him.

Can't see him attending another practice ever.

And at the end of the day, he is being successful in what he is trying to do.  You have a team that is a top contender in the East, on the eve of the first game of the season, and all anyone is talking about is the disgruntled star.  This has been his game since the second he came back
    He has been 0% successful. He didn't show up until they escrowed his pay. They can suspend him into the sun, he'll get paid regardless. If you're not getting value back in a trade you can argue the greatest benefit to your team is not making your competition better by putting him on another team. 

As much as players have a lot of power, it is also the league with the most punitive penalties based on their contracts because of the money they make. I have a feeling the Sixers will be fully within their right - and to what the NBAPA agreed to in CBAs - to fine him to the moon.
    edited October 2021
    Once it was official he wasn't getting his money, his goal was to come in and cause chaos, so it's working exactly as planned so far

Edit: And I could be wrong, this could be the exception to the rule, but there are tons of cases where the player gets what he wants and the team gets whatever they get. Can't think of many where the team gets the exact package they want.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    :lol:
    Wow, insane!

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I forgot Shake's out too. Starting the season down two point guards is not ideal...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    who’s shake? :confounded:

I really need the popcorn emoji for this simmons stuff.

why does this website have such shitty emojis?I mean, other than it being a POS website….with some cool people.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    How long and how much can the Sixers suspend and fine Simmons? There should be a lot of leeway for a team dealing with a player who has no interest in even practicing.  I’m sure there are limits though.  You know I think Simmons is a lot better than a lot around this city think he is but I don’t get what he is doing now.  I get you don’t want to be here but moping around and acting like an asshole doesn’t help your case at all.  Him and his agent have fucked this up royally.  
    Well yesterday's Dame story and Brogdon resigning isn't helping us though....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    So, to talk about something else for once - Jim Jackson paid tribute to Mark Zumoff last week by describing a Flyers goal as "turning garbage into gold".
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Man, I don't think people understand my viewpoint on all this, and that is one of chaos and anarchy. I resigned myself to knowing that we weren't getting any of these awesome players, and I get the feeling the Sixers believe that, too. So, they're saying 'fuck you', and ohhh I'm here for it. Just fuck him fuck everybody, let Embiid carry this team to the playoffs and hopefully by then they've picked up somebody to help out. But the premium players are out the window. It was all fucked up the second that one of our two franchise players gave up on a layup to pass off in a crucial game in the playoffs (and is prone to the yips and being a puss). The whole thing is a goddamn mess so fuck it fine the guy into the ground. He hasn't been paid since October 11th and I look forward to that continuing.

Jimmy Butler at least when he showed up to practice teamed up with the G league reserves to take on the Minny starting lineup and then made fun of everybody after beating them. And James Harden was a former MVP. And both in the end of their contracts. They did everything right, basically. They didn't put themselves in such a corner like Simmons has.

Somewhere someone tweeted that Ben basically said get rid of Jimmy and I'll sign that max contract. And they did, bendting to him, again. Which he's only been two years into. Which he signed knowing everything he knew before he signed the contract. He is a gigantic vulva.
    So, to talk about something else for once - Jim Jackson paid tribute to Mark Zumoff last week by describing a Flyers goal as "turning garbage into gold".
    Nice. I am excited for some basketball tonight!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Man, I don't think people understand my viewpoint on all this, and that is one of chaos and anarchy. I resigned myself to knowing that we weren't getting any of these awesome players, and I get the feeling the Sixers believe that, too. So, they're saying 'fuck you', and ohhh I'm here for it. Just fuck him fuck everybody, let Embiid carry this team to the playoffs and hopefully by then they've picked up somebody to help out. But the premium players are out the window. It was all fucked up the second that one of our two franchise players gave up on a layup to pass off in a crucial game in the playoffs (and is prone to the yips and being a puss). The whole thing is a goddamn mess so fuck it fine the guy into the ground. He hasn't been paid since October 11th and I look forward to that continuing.

Jimmy Butler at least when he showed up to practice teamed up with the G league reserves to take on the Minny starting lineup and then made fun of everybody after beating them. And James Harden was a former MVP. And both in the end of their contracts. They did everything right, basically. They didn't put themselves in such a corner like Simmons has.

Somewhere someone tweeted that Ben basically said get rid of Jimmy and I'll sign that max contract. And they did, bendting to him, again. Which he's only been two years into. Which he signed knowing everything he knew before he signed the contract. He is a gigantic vulva.
    Yeah, see, I don't disagree with this at all.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

. He is a gigantic vulva.

This weekend we rock Portland
    The headline is hilarious
    haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    C

Won't let me read it
    Ummmm, she’s like, not good. Not that she needs to be WWE like but feel like there’s zero enthusiasm.

And hey, this isn’t a female thing because I have had Suzyn waldman my entire life and I generally like her a lot. 
    That dunk and tobi play at the end…a priest saying the Lord’s Prayer has more emotion 
    Will grow on me. Got a bit better I think 
    Lots of shooters on this team now…

82-0

chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Aaaaaaand my overreaction about Jo3 stealing Furk’s minutes has gone by the wayside. Just one real game into the season.

Niang is infinitely better than Mike Scott.
    They were on fire down the stretch, wouldn't expect that every game. I guess we're in the market for another PG. Fucking Ben.

Having the broadcasters not at away games doesn't make sense anymore. Guarantee it's a Comcast/NBC corporate expense bullshit excuse.

Yeah, I thought her not being there was a big part of my issue with her. I didn't realize that immediately.  
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Lots of shooters on this team now…

82-0

I'd say 76-6.

I liked Kate Scott. Also I like David Murphy. And I like watching 5 guys who all shoot. Although I mostly watched the Flyers beat the Bruins.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    RiotZact said:
    Aaaaaaand my overreaction about Jo3 stealing Furk’s minutes has gone by the wayside. Just one real game into the season.

Careless turnovers will get you back to the bench....as will lacerations to your face. lol

Yeah Niang is a big upgrade. As much as I've disliked Drummond over the years, he's quite an upgrade over old Dwight Howard too. 

This is about as deep a team as we've had in a real long time actually. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    RiotZact said:

Careless turnovers will get you back to the bench....as will lacerations to your face. lol

Yeah Niang is a big upgrade. As much as I've disliked Drummond over the years, he's quite an upgrade over old Dwight Howard too. 

This is about as deep a team as we've had in a real long time actually. 

we liked niamg, too. he and royce o’neal were regulars in our local used car commercials with “mr. generous.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Lol Kelce talking shit now. This fucking guy may just burn the entire city down. 
    Don't upset The Mummer Mayor!