*** Ohana Encore Fanviews Here 10/2/21 ***

2»

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    tish said:
    Eddie playing with Mike's knob was hot!

Good thing you included the picture for context or some folks' minds might have gone elsewhere!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    Loujoe said:
    tish said:
    Eddie playing with Mike's knob was hot!

Any stage scores? Looks like prime rail estate.
    Ya.i posted a picture in the Canadian thread. Wifi at Disney hotel too lacking to add now.
    ^ Ed honored my little Pipsqueak with a Lil sumthin... see the 4 min mark on free world 

https://youtu.be/4s9svpOPyc0
  • I was kind of near the back of the lawn but at one point was Mike playing the guitar with his tongue?  It certainly looked that way from my vantage point.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I was kind of near the back of the lawn but at one point was Mike playing the guitar with his tongue?  It certainly looked that way from my vantage point.
    On the Even Flow solo? That's what it looked like.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited October 2021
    tbergs said:
    I was kind of near the back of the lawn but at one point was Mike playing the guitar with his tongue?  It certainly looked that way from my vantage point.
    On the Even Flow solo? That's what it looked like.
    Could he have had a pick in his mouth maybe? He did it both nights and it was pretty cool. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    tish said:
    ^ Ed honored my little Pipsqueak with a Lil sumthin... see the 4 min mark on free world 

https://youtu.be/4s9svpOPyc0
    Did she/you catch it directly from Ed? Or was someone kind enough to give it to her. It was clear he was aiming for her. Very cool!
    The crowd kindly passed it to her as per Ed's gestures.
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610

Just can’t stop thinking about how good these shows were for my soul.
  • URthekey said:

Just can’t stop thinking about how good these shows were for my soul.
    Amen.
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 555
    Great photo! Wish I was preparing to head out for more shows.
  • mikebathmikebath Palm Beach Gardens, FL Posts: 5
    Our first Ohana and defiantly won’t be the last. My wife is now so in love with Mike McCready!! If that is her hall pass I’m fine with that choice. Incredible Encore weekend. Worth the travels
    from Florida for this magical weekend!! 
    Tampa,FL 2016
    Ohana Encore 10/1/21
    Ohana Encore 10/2/21
    edited October 2021
    I love that guitar pic mbath!!!
    Those blow up dolls are fun 😀

It's funny that if I was going to write a review about Encore, it would be about all the people we met that weekend that made it fantastic! For instance, as soon as I got there I ran into Marieow, who had started a thread for Encore Orphans and didn't want to party alone. We enjoyed extreme PJ fandom together. Marieow is awesome!

On the second night I was down in front of Frank who insisted he was dirty Frank. I questioned: the bus driver who was going to eat Mike McCready? He said yeah. I mouthed, that Frank was a bad mother f..! Twice.

We also met up with some cool Canadians in the hotel lobby and had a little get-together which I enjoyed. Another fan wore an Ohana ying-yang T-shirt which matched my daughter's nails. That was cool.

I enjoyed sharing space with those around me and making everyone's night so much brighter with truly happy smiles. Thanks Randy, for extending a hand to me and my daughter to join you and your two long-time buds who made the trip to reunite. One guy was awesome to boost my kid up for her favourite song, Take the Long way.

The ladies around me hold BCs heart near and dear, and I learned about the compound she lives on. One offered a shirt for my little one to sit on. The super tall father of Dash took a step back for us all.

Then, my little one felt like a star on the way out as people greeted her after seeing her on the bigscreen. B was delighted her wish came true with that tambourine. Anyhow, all you awesome PJ party people made the event awesome, to say nothing of Gigaton

Thx band and crew! Hell, I I was overjoyed to see Karrie, female Soundgirls advocate, set sound for the guys! Corin Tucker onstage changed RITFW lyrics to honour us girls in regards to Texas legislation, singing "one more woman will never go to school..."

Gigaton, goddamn it. We meet again. So very, very nice to dance, laugh, and sing together! Thanks Pearl Jam and Ohana.

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • ChrisedgeChrisedge Posts: 7
    edited October 2021
    This was my first real show (1992 MTV Awards and opening for U2 in Hawaii don't really count.) And finally joined 10C. Here is one of my videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqQhz5DPZGc

I stayed in stands so sorry for distance...