WTF...Ames sells out in minutes...Pettibon lasts all day

2»

Comments

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    kenk said:
    There definitely were no Pettibon AP's or artist signed versions of his 2 prints right? I was really hoping there would be. I'd love to own a signed print of his.
    Don’t think so. And not sure there will be given 10c has sold first. Very strange
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    drfox said:
    kenk said:
    There definitely were no Pettibon AP's or artist signed versions of his 2 prints right? I was really hoping there would be. I'd love to own a signed print of his.
    Don’t think so. And not sure there will be given 10c has sold first. Very strange

Maybe all Pettibon prints sold @ the 10club were signed by, Pettibo? Probably not but would be cool. 
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    I would not be surprised if there aren't any.  If there are I am guessing they will be very expensive.
    I'm still shocked there is a Pearl Jam Pettibon show print, seems pretty odd
  • No Pettibon AP's will be sold at this time. He's keeping his allotment.  no artist signed prints were received. 
    congrats to the folks who purchased!
    slh
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    No Pettibon AP's will be sold at this time. He's keeping his allotment.  no artist signed prints were received. 
    slh

Thanks for the info! Just glad to have gotten a print of his.
    No Pettibon AP's will be sold at this time. He's keeping his allotment.  no artist signed prints were received. 
    slh

• jgmochjgmoch Fayetteville, NC Posts: 79
    andrew68 said:
    jgmoch said:
    I was refreshing my browser at 12:59 and then again at 1:00….. by the time I got to the Ames checkout page, it kicked my order out for the GTD variant. Sold out. I was within seconds, at least. By the time I refreshed to buy a glitter variant….. gone. Same with the regular. Had to go to psycho therapy because of this failure.

Not to get personal; but since I have a head injury and relentless insomnia….. I was hoping the GTD variant would allow me to gaze into the moonlit wave, for hours, and meditate into natural slumber without these darn sleeping pills. 

Oh well. Desire begets suffering. So I let it go.
    Ames will be very easy to get in 3 months 
    I've seen the glitter variant already listed for as much as $800 on eBay. Regulars for about $350- $400. Those exclusive drops at Ohana were sweet, too, like that circular EV rug.

Can't lie. PJ designed some nice stuff for SHN and Ohana. 
    Temple_Of_Belltown
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    $800 for a concert poster is mind boggling.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I don't even know where an AP version of Pettibon AP would be. I went on his website and it just has his work. No shop. I found a couple auction sites but no clue where an AP version would be. 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Yeah he doesn’t have a shop or anything.  It would be at like a gallery showing or a broker or something.  I really didn’t think he’d sign 100 prints and put them out for sale.
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    Foil Chief just chuckled. 
  • I reached out to Pettibon on Instagram, and they did confirm that they will not be releasing any AP versions of either poster. But they said if I brought the pieces to NYC, they might be able to sign them. So PJ MSG, here I come! 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I reached out to Pettibon on Instagram, and they did confirm that they will not be releasing any AP versions of either poster. But they said if I brought the pieces to NYC, they might be able to sign them. So PJ MSG, here I come! 
    Road trip!
  • Who wore it better?

• The subliminal images are amazing! 
    I reached out to Pettibon on Instagram, and they did confirm that they will not be releasing any AP versions of either poster. But they said if I brought the pieces to NYC, they might be able to sign them. So PJ MSG, here I come! 

If anyone actually tries to take him up on this offer i would gladly make it worth your while if you'd let me send mine to you to also try and get signed. Just throwing this out there as I may be a bigger Pettibon fan than I am a PJ fan. It's a close call.
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 885
    edited October 2021
    kenk said:

If anyone actually tries to take him up on this offer i would gladly make it worth your while if you'd let me send mine to you to also try and get signed. Just throwing this out there as I may be a bigger Pettibon fan than I am a PJ fan. It's a close call.
    Send me a PM where you live, and maybe we can meet up. But I would totally do that! After reading the lost poster thread, I am feeling uneasy about sending prints through the mail. Unreal! 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    I wonder what Pettibon is going to do with his copies of the prints if he’s not selling them. Just put them in storage?!?
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Foil Chief just chuckled. 

• Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    $50k+ for a car is mind-boggling to me. It's all relative...
    drfox said:
    I wonder what Pettibon is going to do with his copies of the prints if he’s not selling them. Just put them in storage?!?

Pretty much archive them. Then wait for the right moment to sell his copies. 
    The Ames print is awesome!! 

Pettibon prints are coming in a week or two.

demetrios said:
    drfox said:

I've seen originals of his wave series sell for over 1.5 million dollars. So i'm guessing these just get stored away forever since there is a good chance that he doesn't need the cash as much as some of these other artists. Thats Ames print is pretty btw.
    kenk said:
    demetrios said:
    drfox said:

I've seen originals of his wave series sell for over 1.5 million dollars. So i'm guessing these just get stored away forever since there is a good chance that he doesn't need the cash as much as some of these other artists. Thats Ames print is pretty btw.

Indeed it is.