*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    This might be crazy, but hear me out. Maybe, just maybe, if Mr. August shows up on the court the fans should, like, kinda support him? I mean, it might not be counter-productive at least.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Last I recall fans were trying to do their best anti-Philly in staying positive with this guy.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    This might be crazy, but hear me out. Maybe, just maybe, if Mr. August shows up on the court the fans should, like, kinda support him? I mean, it might not be counter-productive at least.
    Do you think there's any chance that happens?
    If they were chanting "Fuck Ben Simmons" at a wrestling event, odds are they won't be greeting him with a basket of puppies and bunnies when he returns to the court.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited October 2021
    Sorry to the wrestling fans, but fuck those people.

I don't think Ben Simmons has ever been booed here in person. Yeah I would love a standing ovation just because it's the opposite of what the entire league, and Ben, expects. Not likely though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Realistic outcome: he get booed mercilessly at home game #1. By the 4th quarter they are chanting MVP MVP as he approaches a triple double. Then, he gets traded at the deadline and he'll be back to being booed.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I got my money on him not playing a regular season game for the Sixers again.  Sticking with what I said.
    Realistic outcome: he get booed mercilessly at home game #1. By the 4th quarter they are chanting MVP MVP as he approaches a triple double. Then, he gets traded at the deadline and he'll be back to being booed.
     And hopefully he plays relatively well and we end up with a better trade package than we would've gotten a week ago.

Trust Daryl Morey's Process. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I got my money on him not playing a regular season game for the Sixers again.  Sticking with what I said.
    I'm with you on this.   
    Sweet - Kyrie Irving, who is a flat earther and believes dinosaurs never existed, is not going to play for the Nets (because the Nets said so) until the anti-vax freak gets vaccinated. Best news to help keep the Sixers at the top of the East.
    Sweet - Kyrie Irving, who is a flat earther and believes dinosaurs never existed, is not going to play for the Nets (because the Nets said so) until the anti-vax freak gets vaccinated. Best news to help keep the Sixers at the top of the East.
    What a fucking idiot
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I think it is worth noting how mature Embiid has been throughout this whole ordeal. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    He knows it's his team.
    Hearing Ben had a 2 hour meeting with Brand and Morey this morning
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I heard something on the radio today that cracked me up.

The Philly fans call him Benamin Simmons.  They leave off the J because he doesn't have one, lol.
    I heard something on the radio today that cracked me up.

The Philly fans call him Benamin Simmons.  They leave off the J because he doesn't have one, lol.
    I've only seen that from Howard Eskin on twitter. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The OG Ron Burgundy getting after it. Awesome.
    Milk was a bad choice.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    The OG Ron Burgundy getting after it. Awesome.
    When in Rome...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Go on
    haha, Doc said he doesn't know if he is going to play. He assumes he is, but he doesn't know.
    edited October 2021
    I saw he's participating in an individual workout tonight (has to wait 5 days for team stuff b/c of Covid protocols). It is really to both Ben's and the team's benefit if he plays...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Per this report, sounds like these guys hate each other. Doc told him before the Ben left "it's in your fucking contract." I enjoy this all very, very much.
    Weird comment: Adele I feel could do way better than Rich Paul.

My Rich Paul hate is deep, is what I'm sayin.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Isaiah “Strokin” Jo3 has been on fire in every single preseason game. I will never forgive Doc if he doesn’t give him a serious chance. 
    Yeah Joe should be in the rotation for sure.

Ben is supposed to be at practice tomorrow
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Yeah Joe should be in the rotation for sure.

Ben is supposed to be at practice tomorrow
    Yeah. I was planning on selling my opening night tix for a big profit, but prices keep going down as of now. And if Ben is going to be playing, I want to be there for that. 

I’m guessing that if we get an official word that he’s suiting up Friday, prices will skyrocket and I’ll have no choice but to sell. 
    So after reading everything known to man on this subject, the mosaic I put together is this guy has been sort of a wreck since his cousin died, in a city that puts you under a microscope, and he literally wilted under the pressure at the absolute worst possible time with the yipps. Juggs is right, also. The guy is on social media wayyyy too much, because if the fans get to you and it's because you think you're being highly scrutinized then you're consuming way too much media of all types of the worst kinds. 

Ben and Rich Paul met with Morey and Doc, and the difference in preparation is hilarious. Morey and Doc brought rational facts to the table, and Ben just brought "I appreciate all this, but yeah, I just can't do it."

Looking forward to his first press conference.
    He's practicing with the team again today. I've heard the Sixers are beefing up security for Friday in case he plays. 
    chinese-happy.jpg