2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Detroit isnt going to make noise this year/season.  The Division is already settled.  I don't see Detroit, Ottawa, or Buffalo (or even Montreal) breaking through.  You got Tampa, Florida, Boston, and the Leafs.  3 of them in, 1 gets a wild card likely.  Other Wild Card very likely goes to the Metropolitan Division.  You have Carolina, Washington, and the Islanders.... who do you cull off out of that?  Then you have Pittsburgh and the Rangers possibly going for the WC.  

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I actually like the Rangers to make a jump and be a top 3 team in the Metro.

I think the West is where it could be really wild.
    Avs, Jets,
    Knights, Oil,

I don't have a strong feel for 3rd in either division, let alone WC. 
    Say....Wild and Flames get #3 and Hawks/Kraken/Stars/Blues all brawl it out?  Can the Canucks step up?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    a5pj said:
    Please forgive my Det negativity, they are one of my fav teams. The 2 years I followed them close was the last year and year after the streak ended. My bro and I felt that the team had all the top players and potential in the nhl, but the system was hurting the team.

Anyway, excited for hockey to start up again!! 
    Have a feeling during the playoffs this year an underdog or 2 are going to do awesome, maybe even win it all. (Or the Canes can win it all, always ok with that.) 
    My hope is Detroit makes the playoffs and knocks the make me laughs out of the playoffs in round 1...nothing would stick it to that shit franchise than having Montreal eliminate them one year followed by Detroit...better yet...I hope the make me laughs don't make the playoffs...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Seattle/Vegas tonight. That should be interesting.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    a5pj said:
    Please forgive my Det negativity, they are one of my fav teams. The 2 years I followed them close was the last year and year after the streak ended. My bro and I felt that the team had all the top players and potential in the nhl, but the system was hurting the team.

Anyway, excited for hockey to start up again!! 
    Have a feeling during the playoffs this year an underdog or 2 are going to do awesome, maybe even win it all. (Or the Canes can win it all, always ok with that.) 
    My hope is Detroit makes the playoffs and knocks the make me laughs out of the playoffs in round 1...nothing would stick it to that shit franchise than having Montreal eliminate them one year followed by Detroit...better yet...I hope the make me laughs don't make the playoffs...
    Ultimately, a playoff miss would be pretty epic, because you would get a full-season meltdown by their fanbase and MLSE will be inclined to burn it all down.  That would un-do all the decent work that Lamoriello/Shanahan/Hunter/Dubas did and they would be going back to square-1.
    They are a franchise that hasn’t won since 67.  They are use to failure.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited October 2021
    Toronto might only have a few years left with this group.  Mathews has what 3 or 4 years and he’s an UFA…Vegas might be calling his name.

I’m sure Toronto has a redeeming quality ( I’ve yet to see one…lol) … but I think I’d rather winter in the desert…lol
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    I think Matthews would go to Arizona.  Leafs should make the playoffs with that roster, but personally hope they finish dead last.  Ha!   
    Wings will make the playoffs and be a surprise to the league.  Hehe my thoughts anyways
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Rangers Caps tonight.
    Reaves punishes Wilson?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2021
    Rangers Caps tonight.
    Reaves punishes Wilson?
    He goddamn better! Pretty sure that's the whole reason we picked him up.

And the 2021-22 season has started, @polaris_x Time for a thread title update!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yeah, I think the same.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Should we update the thread title?
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Season has started baby!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

I don’t follow hockey a lot until the playoffs.  The NHL has the worst and least entertaining regular season…

Too many teams…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    I don’t follow hockey a lot until the playoffs.  The NHL has the worst and least entertaining regular season…

Major League Baseball would like a word
    Jumb0 said:

Major League Baseball would like a word

Totally.  The NBA as well.
    I don’t follow baseball or basketball…it appears all 3 sports seasons are to long.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Breaking News…Nikita Kucherov has a groin injury.  Doctors “say it’s the worst groin injury they’ve ever seen.”  Doctors say “he needs groin replacement surgery.”

Tampa Bay is confident he’ll be ready for game 1 of the playoffs.

Thats too bad.  I hate to see classy players like this get hurt…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Breaking News…Nikita Kucherov has a groin injury.  Doctors “say it’s the worst groin injury they’ve ever seen.”  Doctors say “he needs groin replacement surgery.”

Tampa Bay is confident he’ll be ready for game 1 of the playoffs.

Thats too bad.  I hate to see classy players like this get hurt…
    Your salty tears are still delicious.  Crazy that Tampa has three cups in the time since the Habs have had their last.  But seriously, they tried valiantly in the Cup finals.  I mean.. they probably got a good snack from their parents after game four to make it all worthwhile.  It only matters that they gave it their best. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    I don’t follow baseball or basketball…it appears all 3 sports seasons are to long.
    I don't follow these sports but I'm educated enough to opine on how long the seasons should be. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,385
    Apparently Jimmy Hayes had addiction problems... f'ing sad, I feel for his kids. 

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-bruins/2021/10/17/jimmy-hayes-addiction/?p1=hp_featurebox
    The Sabres are 2-0-0.

I think for the safety of everyone, the league needs to shut down and seed the playoff teams ASAP (preferably before 7:05 PM tomorrow)
    MayDay10 said:
    The Sabres are 2-0-0.

I think for the safety of everyone, the league needs to shut down and seed the playoff teams ASAP (preferably before 7:05 PM tomorrow)

Kings slot as 2nd WC right now, I am all for this.  :lol:   Not sure how they break all of the ties but I would be fine.

4-time Stanley Cup winner Mike Bossy reveals lung cancer diagnosis

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-mike-bossy-lung-cancer-diagnosis-1.6217558

Damn.  First Guy LaFleur has lung and now Mike Bossy.  Fuck Cancer.

I loved watching Mike Bossy…best pure goal scorer the nhl has ever seen.  If not for injuries I think he’d be the all-time leading goal scorer.

I wish him the best.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Evander Kane received a 21-game suspension for using a faked vaccination card.

What a POS Dirtbag! Easily now my most hated nhl player.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    a5pj said:

Winnipeg was so happy to get rid of that bum. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

a5pj said:

21 games for that.  Use a stick as a weapon and you are a hero.  The NHL Is a joke anymore…

Give Peas A Chance…
    a5pj said:

Winnipeg was so happy to get rid of that bum. 
    I blame him for poisoning the well and ruining the Sabres too
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    The Minnesota Wild are 3-0.

That's it.  See you in the 2022-23 thread.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin