NCAA College Football -

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I think they honestly hope that Donte Williams (CBs coach, lead recruiter, interim head coach) will grab the job and make it his.

I think that the dude from Cincinnati is a natural match with our AD - his former AD.

We will see.  Always interesting.
    You mean Luke Fickell?  He had a chance to take the Ohio State job and he wasn’t up to it.  Now that was ten years ago and I’m sure he’s grown.  Btw, he lined up next to Vrabel on the D line for Ohio State.  They were tough together
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Saturday can't get here soon enough. Go Dawgs!  Look for me on tv this weekend.  I'll be wearing red. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    mrussel1 said:
    I think they honestly hope that Donte Williams (CBs coach, lead recruiter, interim head coach) will grab the job and make it his.

I think that the dude from Cincinnati is a natural match with our AD - his former AD.

You mean Luke Fickell?  He had a chance to take the Ohio State job and he wasn’t up to it.  Now that was ten years ago and I’m sure he’s grown.  Btw, he lined up next to Vrabel on the D line for Ohio State.  They were tough together

he was only a place holder for osu. by design. during a penalty season no less.

frankly I thought they did him a bit dirty.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:

"Wasn't up to it" = they hired Urban Meyer instead. 
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Right, but they still went 6-7 with a team that was undefeated the next year, and was 12-1 the year before.  I'm not saying he should have been Urban level, but being below .500 was not good.   
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Right, but they still went 6-7 with a team that was undefeated the next year, and was 12-1 the year before.  I'm not saying he should have been Urban level, but being below .500 was not good.   

who left because tressel did? who came because urban did, what recruits went elsewhere that season because a. tressel and b. sanctions?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

who left because tressel did? who came because urban did, what recruits went elsewhere that season because a. tressel and b. sanctions?
    Braxton, Carlos Hyde, Stoneburner, Posey, Devin Smith, John Simon, C Grant, Ryan Shazier, Doran Grant.. good players.  Players that were the core the next year.  There's no way Tressel goes 6-7 with that team.  
    edited September 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Braxton(Fr), Carlos Hyde(So), Stoneburner(Sr), Posey(Sr), Devin Smith(Fr), John Simon(Jr), C Grant(Fr), Ryan Shazier(Fr), Doran Grant(Fr).. good players.  Players that were the core the next year.  There's no way Tressel goes 6-7 with that team.  

forgive the edit to your post but this is an important consideration. 5 of your listed players were Freshman that year......

also important to note Tressel resigned May 30 of that year, giving Fickell a couple months to prepare as HC.... Interim HC.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Braxton(Fr), Carlos Hyde(So), Stoneburner(Sr), Posey(Sr), Devin Smith(Fr), John Simon(Jr), C Grant(Fr), Ryan Shazier(Fr), Doran Grant(Fr).. good players.  Players that were the core the next year.  There's no way Tressel goes 6-7 with that team.  

forgive the edit to your post but this is an important consideration. 5 of your listed players were Freshman that year......

also important to note Tressel resigned May 30 of that year, giving Fickell a couple months to prepare as HC.... Interim HC.

I don't buy that Tress would be 6-7
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    JojoRice said:
    Saturday can't get here soon enough. Go Dawgs!  Look for me on tv this weekend.  I'll be wearing red. 
    Please take it easy on us! Last I saw it was a 31.5 spread and I think you guys cover.

Thanks for beating Clemson though!
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't buy that Tress would be 6-7

I never asserted such.

• JojoRice said:
    You should stand out in the crowd for sure. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Penn State/Auburn today. Go Nittany Lions!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    War Eagle! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hope Penn State smashes them
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Hope Penn State smashes them
    good game. WFlipped back and forth between this and the Phills game until someone livestreamed the PJ show on facebook :lol:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    How bout them Dawgs!!!

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Rough Sunday for urban Meyer it’d seem 

wrong thread. post this in nfl thread.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mickeyrat said:

Lol oh yeah. He was wearing Ohio state gear though 
    mickeyrat said:

really. wonder how much regret there is....

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

really. wonder how much regret there is....
    He could have been AD when Arch retires.  Maybe he still can.  The losing has to burn though.  He took on a tough situation. 
    After Clifford went down Penn St. played horrible. Especially with all those offside penalties. Gotta give it to the Iowa fans, they helped. Surprised they only lost by 3, Their backup QB played bad also

Lot of good games this week. Bama losing to Texas A&M and the Oklahoma/Texas game was fun. Also the Arkansas/Ole Miss game was good (just saw the highlights of that)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    After Clifford went down Penn St. played horrible. Especially with all those offside penalties. Gotta give it to the Iowa fans, they helped. Surprised they only lost by 3, Their backup QB played bad also

Lot of good games this week. Bama losing to Texas A&M and the Oklahoma/Texas game was fun. Also the Arkansas/Ole Miss game was good (just saw the highlights of that)
    Have you heard what the Clifford injury is? They have a bye so time,  but he has to be back by Oct 30. They have little chance in Columbus without him.  And the Buckeyes are rounding into form.
    mrussel1 said:

Have you heard what the Clifford injury is? They have a bye so time,  but he has to be back by Oct 30. They have little chance in Columbus without him.  And the Buckeyes are rounding into form.

I never did hear what it was for, no. Can't find anything online about it either
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!! 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Georgia does look great!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    JojoRice said:
    HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!! 

will bama most likely be playing GA in the conference championship? if so, that would be bama’s path back into the CFP…..again :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    JojoRice said:
    HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!! 

will bama most likely be playing GA in the conference championship? if so, that would be bama’s path back into the CFP…..again :angry:
    It is, unless GA beats them. And I think everyone should be rooting for that.  I hate having non-conference champs, and worse, two teams from the same conference as part of the final four. I think that's weak.  So Go Dawgs.  I'm not particularly a fan, but there will be an SEC team in there, so better them than anyone else. 

And I think GA can win.  Alabama has looked beatable all year.  
    Look for me at the game this upcoming weekend.  I'll be wearing red.  Also, if anyone is in Athens feel free to stop by our tailgate.  We are easy to identify because we have a PJ flag flying high at all of our tailgates.