static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    How much of the inaction has to do with the other side getting worried that they might have someone going through their closets with a fine tooth comb when the scales of power tip the other way again?
    You don't think the GOP would do that anyway?  They already accuse the dems of doing exactly what the GOP does.  The debt ceiling being the perfect example.

I'm sure they would, but there has to be some explanation for absolutely no repercussions for all these years.
    Right wing media bubble.  The distrust has been sewn deeply in the psyche.  
    Right wing media bubble can't stop a functioning justice system from working...so either we don't have a functioning justice system, or Trump and Co are not guilty of any major offences...I'm leaning toward not having a working justice system.
    I'm talking about reaction by the Republicans.  Regarding the justice system,  I don't see any evidence to this point,  that the justice system is either corrupt or bending to him.  In fact,  the state and federal courts did a great job throwing out his nonsensical legal arguments. 
    Yes they threw out his frivolous arguments, but I am speaking of the Mueller report findings, 1/6 etc...Very doubtful that he or any of his close associates will pay for anything.
    I don't think we know enough about the Mueller report (at least I don't) because of hte white washing by his AG.  And yes, I think that's corrupt, but he is gone now.  As far as 1/6, I also don't think he is criminally culpable at this point.  I'm not sure what the charge would be yet.  Inciting a riot is possible but only after more information, depos, testimony comes out.  
    That's kind of what I'm getting at.  There is nothing that can be pinned on he and his circle per se, yet everyone gets up in arms about people's apathy to the situation.  Being outraged that he wasn't worse or stupid enough to get caught with the bag seems like a waste of time to me.
    There is middle ground between being outraged and apathetic. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    How much of the inaction has to do with the other side getting worried that they might have someone going through their closets with a fine tooth comb when the scales of power tip the other way again?
    You don't think the GOP would do that anyway?  They already accuse the dems of doing exactly what the GOP does.  The debt ceiling being the perfect example.

I'm sure they would, but there has to be some explanation for absolutely no repercussions for all these years.
    Right wing media bubble can't stop a functioning justice system from working...so either we don't have a functioning justice system, or Trump and Co are not guilty of any major offences...I'm leaning toward not having a working justice system.
    I'm talking about reaction by the Republicans.  Regarding the justice system,  I don't see any evidence to this point,  that the justice system is either corrupt or bending to him.  In fact,  the state and federal courts did a great job throwing out his nonsensical legal arguments. 
    Yes they threw out his frivolous arguments, but I am speaking of the Mueller report findings, 1/6 etc...Very doubtful that he or any of his close associates will pay for anything.
    I don't think we know enough about the Mueller report (at least I don't) because of hte white washing by his AG.  And yes, I think that's corrupt, but he is gone now.  As far as 1/6, I also don't think he is criminally culpable at this point.  I'm not sure what the charge would be yet.  Inciting a riot is possible but only after more information, depos, testimony comes out.  
    That's kind of what I'm getting at.  There is nothing that can be pinned on he and his circle per se, yet everyone gets up in arms about people's apathy to the situation.  Being outraged that he wasn't worse or stupid enough to get caught with the bag seems like a waste of time to me.
    Any thought about how POOTWH isn't getting held accountable, at any point on that spectrum, is a waste of my time and life.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648

I'm not floored by the inaction of our elected officials or the dysfunction in our government. 

I'm floored at the apathy of so many Americans towards the GOP embracing the MAGA movement, undermining our elections, January 6th etc etc.  
    yeah and they are ready to vote for tRump again.  It's insane.
    Yep. The quickest presidential historical revisionism has happened to the point where 4 years of Trump was all good except the “mean tweets”. They’re excited for DeSantis because he’s Trump without the tweets and presents better. 
    yeah and I'm hoping tRump drags out his 2024 announcement.  I don't think he will run but as long as he acts like he will (to keep raising money) he will have to trash DeSantis and Pence/Haley, etc. along the way.

and then those fuckers will be sorry they weren't trashing tRump right now...they are on record for saying they would vote for him again
    I’m looking forward to this and the dilemma any republican candidate is put in where they have to seek Trump’s approval while trying to still act rational doing it. Mod-terms will tell us more. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,507
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Any thought about how POOTWH isn't getting held accountable, at any point on that spectrum, is a waste of my time and life.
    Which is your prerogative, as it's mine to wonder how the actual fuck so many Americans can normalize what's happened in this country over the last 6 years. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Many folks in the Middle East and Afghanistan is wondering what happened the last 20 plus years... shit happens, must move on.  At least that’s the impression Afghan and middle eastern people are left with.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    static111 said:
    And you may find yourself with a beautiful tan
    And a gold digging wife..
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    indigenous people have been left wondering wtf happened the last 300 plus years…pretty sure they’ve been told to move in.  Time for you to move on… 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,553
    Hey guys I need your honest opinion. 
    Does this ass make my horse look big?

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

this is bullish
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,507
    indigenous people have been left wondering wtf happened the last 300 plus years…pretty sure they’ve been told to move in.  Time for you to move on… 
    Oh the irony…

You could take your own advice that you gave me earlier, no? 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    says the guy who has posted 300 pictures of trudeau in black face from decades ago. go on, keep telling others how to move on. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

this is bullish
    Not really, it would accomplish absolutely nothing and leave me incredibly frustrated...God grant me the serenity etc.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    ONE President at a time.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    I wanna see some arresting federal marshals if those subpoenas aren't complied with.   LAW is LAW.

https://www.usmarshals.gov/
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    if only trump had been a little nicer to biden. maybe biden would have been gracious enough and let him slide with executive privilege. 

just goes to show that if you are an asshole, sooner or later you will not get what you want.

fuck that, i want to see trump face justice for real this time. without the protection of the gop senate.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    if only trump had been a little nicer to biden. maybe biden would have been gracious enough and let him slide with executive privilege. 

just goes to show that if you are an asshole, sooner or later you will not get what you want.

fuck that, i want to see trump face justice for real this time. without the protection of the gop senate.
    by the way, that photo looks like trump is either 

a- about to shadowbox
    b- about to do the double jerk off dance he does at his rallies.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    I think the committee will quickly move to criminal contempt subpoenas.  Then I believe it's up to the DOJ to enforce since congress does not have a law enforcement arm. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    mrussel1 said:
    I think the committee will quickly move to criminal contempt subpoenas.  Then I believe it's up to the DOJ to enforce since congress does not have a law enforcement arm. 
    I hope so. Rick Wilson was tweeting that the committee isn't going to do anything and Cheney responded so hopefully they get moving. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I'm starting to rethink my opinion of this assholes level of intelligence. He and his followers might be dumber than I thought....

Trump Tells Republicans Not to Vote in 2022 or 2024. https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tells-republicans-not-to-vote-in-2022-or-2024?source=cheats&via=rss

If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ’22 or ’24,” Trump declared. “It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.”
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    Its like a little kid threatening to hold his breath.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I'm starting to rethink my opinion of this assholes level of intelligence. He and his followers might be dumber than I thought....

Trump Tells Republicans Not to Vote in 2022 or 2024. https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tells-republicans-not-to-vote-in-2022-or-2024?source=cheats&via=rss

If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ’22 or ’24,” Trump declared. “It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.”
    His followers still think he cares about anything other than himself?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,513
    So the best cure to combat voter fraud is not to vote at all out of spite? Got it. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    So the best cure to combat voter fraud is not to vote at all out of spite? Got it. 
    If no one votes, there is no fraud. 3D chess. 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Yup 
    That's just 1 example of how deluded they are
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,749
    OnWis97 said:

Yup 
    That's just 1 example of how deluded they are

One of many!  It's crazy how deluded so many people can be about so many things.  This country must really look weak to others.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    from today.. 

Trump to Testify in Lawsuit Over Bodyguards’ 2015 Clash With Protesters https://nyti.ms/3lGyCbi
    Oct. 14, 2021, 7:03 p.m. ET

Former President Donald J. Trump is expected to testify on Monday at Trump Tower as part of a lawsuit brought by a group of activists who said that they were violently attacked by his bodyguards in 2015.

Less than a week after the incident in September 2015, a group of five activists sued, saying that security guards led by Mr. Trump’s longtime bodyguard, Keith Schiller, had attacked them, ripping away signs they were holding, and punching and briefly choking one of the protesters.

The activists’ lawyers argued that Mr. Trump was responsible for his bodyguards’ actions because he had explicitly authorized them to use force. Mr. Schiller testified that he was authorized to use force while on the job.

Lawyers for Mr. Trump and other defendants moved to have the case dismissed in 2015, but were unsuccessful. Mr. Trump’s lawyers then argued that he could not be held personally responsible for his bodyguards’ actions. A judge rejected that argument too.

continues...  
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

I'm with you. I don't understand what end games are sought after by statements like this. Does he truly think he could start a third party, run, and win? Does he think that running Republican, while also discouraging his own voters from voting, somehow yields a victory? 

The levels of incompetence and/or narcissism are astounding. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    from sept..... 

Trump Organization Trial Is Scheduled for Next Summer, Judge Says https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/nyregion/allen-weisselberg-trump-organization.html

Trump Organization Trial Is Scheduled for Next Summer, Judge Says

A Manhattan judge set a trial schedule for Allen Weisselberg and the Trump Organization on Monday that could coincide with the run-up to the 2022 midterm elections.

Allen Weisselberg center was accused in July of dodging taxes on 17 million worth of fringe benefits he received at the Trump Organization
    Allen Weisselberg, center, was accused in July of dodging taxes on $1.7 million worth of fringe benefits he received at the Trump Organization.Credit...Jefferson Siegel for The New York Times

By Jonah E. Bromwich and Kate Christobek

Sept. 20, 2021

Former President Donald J. Trump’s family business and its longtime chief financial officer are tentatively scheduled to go on trial for tax crimes at the end of next summer, a time frame that would overlap with the closing stretch of the 2022 midterm campaign season, potentially influencing races where Mr. Trump’s presence could loom large.

A Manhattan criminal court judge set the schedule Monday during a court appearance for the Trump Organization and the longtime senior executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, as one of Mr. Weisselberg’s lawyers suggested that charges against other individuals could be imminent in the long-running criminal inquiry into the business dealings of the company.

“We have strong reason to believe there could be other indictments coming,” said Bryan Skarlatos, a lawyer for Mr. Weisselberg, who has been charged with avoiding taxes on more than $1.7 million in perks that prosecutors said should have been reported as income.

While prosecutors from the Manhattan district attorney’s office did not respond to Mr. Skarlatos’s claim, they have been investigating other Trump Organization employees for receiving similarly undisclosed perks, such as rent-free apartments and leased cars.

ADVERTISEMENT

If the schedule proceeds as set, a trial could begin in the final weeks of a turbulent political season and continue to shadow Mr. Trump, who has repeatedly suggested that he may again run for president. It would also take place after Cyrus R. Vance Jr., the Manhattan district attorney who has been investigating the former president’s family business for years, has left office.

A trial could complicate the reliance of Republican candidates on the former president’s appeal, and encourage their Democratic opponents to make competitive races a referendum on Mr. Trump, as California’s governor, Gavin Newsom, did successfully in last week’s recall election.

Since charging Mr. Weisselberg in July, the Manhattan district attorney’s office has been scrutinizing Matthew Calamari, who once worked as Mr. Trump’s bodyguard and rose over four decades to become the Trump Organization’s chief operating officer. It is unclear whether the prosecutors will ultimately charge Mr. Calamari.

“We remain in discussions with the district attorney’s office relating to Matthew Calamari, but continue to believe there is no basis for indicting him,” said Mr. Calamari’s lawyer, Nicholas A. Gravante Jr. “If they presently intended to indict him, I would have been informed. I haven’t been and, in fact, have been informed to the contrary.”

Sign up for the New York Today Newsletter  Each morning, get the latest on New York businesses, arts, sports, dining, style and more. Get it sent to your inbox.

The appearance was Mr. Weisselberg’s first in court since July, when he was charged with tax fraud, grand larceny and other crimes. The Trump Organization itself was also charged with facilitating what prosecutors described as a 15-year plot to evade taxes.

Prosecutors said that Mr. Weisselberg was one of the largest beneficiaries of what they called “a sweeping and audacious scheme” in which the Trump Organization, Mr. Trump’s real estate business, helped its leaders evade taxes by compensating them with perks including free cars and apartments.

Mr. Weisselberg, 74, pleaded not guilty. He continues to work at the Trump Organization, where he has spent close to 50 years, though he has been removed from leadership positions at the company and its many subsidiaries.

Mr. Weisselberg has been accused of failing to pay taxes on perks including leased Mercedes-Benzes, a rent-free apartment and tuition for his grandchildren. Prosecutors continue to pressure him to cooperate with their broader inquiry into Mr. Trump’s business dealings, and the stakes for Mr. Weisselberg are high: If convicted, he could face more than a decade in prison.

In a statement released Monday, Mr. Weisselberg’s lawyers said that the indictment against him was “full of unsupported and flawed factual and legal assertions” and that they looked forward to challenging those assertions in court.

The judge, Juan Merchan, said Monday that he would look toward late August or early September for a trial date. That schedule, however, could shift, as frequently happens in court.

The charges against Mr. Weisselberg and the Trump Organization this summer arose from a yearslong investigation into whether Mr. Trump, a Republican, or his company committed tax, insurance or bank-related fraud.

Mr. Trump, who has not been accused of wrongdoing in connection with the investigation, has consistently criticized it as a politically-motivated “witch hunt.” Ronald P. Fischetti, a personal lawyer for Mr. Trump, echoed that sentiment in an interview Monday, saying that he had not even had an opportunity to ask that the case be dismissed because there was no charge against Mr. Trump himself.

continues.. 

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.