Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I think it's tempe
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I hear Albuquerque is in the running...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    igotid88 said:
    Even though he played for the Rangers always liked Henrik.  Seems like a great dude.  Hope his health is good and he has a long bright future.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    Even though he played for the Rangers always liked Henrik.  Seems like a great dude.  Hope his health is good and he has a long bright future.

+1
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

I miss igotid88
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    It’s being reported that Jimmy Hayes is dead at 31 years old. Have yet to see a cause. 

Wtf. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    It’s being reported that Jimmy Hayes is dead at 31 years old. Have yet to see a cause. 

Wtf. 
    Just saw this myself.  2 young sons, one just 2 months old.  Terrible that first thought when I see someone that young found at their own home mind goes to thinking self inflicted.   Brother Kevin plays for the Flyers. Can't imagine what that family is going through.  RIP.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Great news
    The players want the Olympics as do the fans…seems like a win, win…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Love these Seattle Kraken jerseys especially the home blues.  
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Saw Jacob Vrana is out with shoulder surgery for 4 month. He's on Detroit now, was with the caps, and Hershey bears. I lived by and met him a few times when he was with the Bears, always super nice, great guy. Hoping the best for him.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Hard to believe hockey is here already.  Seems like the season just ended.

Give Peas A Chance…

Vegas Golden Knights' Robin Lehner accuses NHL teams of medical malpractice

Eric Lindros and family said the same thing…

Give Peas A Chance…
    welp...
    Hope he gets better, hope others learn the dangers of covid are worse than the vax (mostly, talk to your dr., I don't want to engage in covid talk - this is hockey talk). Really sucks it ended his career...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-josh-archibald-indefinitely-heart-condition/

Vegas Golden Knights' Robin Lehner accuses NHL teams of medical malpractice

Eric Lindros and family said the same thing…

Crazy, good for him standing up.

Saw today Carey Price is taking part in the player assistance program for a month or more. Good for him getting help if he needs it, hope all goes well for him, and more players get help if they need it.

Carey has to take care of himself first.  It a mental health issue.  

Wish him the best…
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

Florida should be the next out of that, one would think.  They need a friendlier playoff format.  

What is the format this year?  Are we doing the same silly alignment or will Canada and US teams play?
    mrussel1 said:

Florida should be the next out of that, one would think.  They need a friendlier playoff format.  

What is the format this year?  Are we doing the same silly alignment or will Canada and US teams play?
    Full schedule with an Olympic break and all Starr game…plus back to normal divisions.  I am glad.  

And there are some stadium games.  I could not imagine an 82 game schedule and play the same 6 teams…that would suck.

My dark horse is Detroit to break the streak…but Florida is the team that should…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:

Full schedule with an Olympic break and all Starr game…plus back to normal divisions.  I am glad.  

And there are some stadium games.  I could not imagine an 82 game schedule and play the same 6 teams…that would suck.

My dark horse is Detroit to break the streak…but Florida is the team that should…
    Detroit isn't breaking their new streak while Blashill is there, sorry but he ruined that team (bad contracts aside). Can't wait until Mantha puts up 40+ goals this year.
    I'll go with Jersey, they made some good moves this offseason.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:

I agree that Detroit is next.  They were my next choice for sure.  I feel like they have some talent and I'm certainly a believer in Stevie Y. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Dream season for Kings is to MAKE the playoffs, this year.  :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    a5pj said:
    mrussel1 said:

Detroit isn't breaking their new streak while Blashill is there, sorry but he ruined that team (bad contracts aside). Can't wait until Mantha puts up 40+ goals this year.
    I'll go with Jersey, they made some good moves this offseason.
    Blashill did not ruin the team.  20 years of trading picks and prospects left the cupboard bare for yzerman and blashill.  That was the price you paid for 4 cups and 20 some odd years of making the playoffs.

Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree that Detroit is next.  They were my next choice for sure.  I feel like they have some talent and I'm certainly a believer in Stevie Y. 
    I live across from Detroit and follow the Wings.  Yzerman did a great job in Tampa.  And it looks like he has the wings headed in the right direction…StevieY is one of my favourite hockey players…having a constant barrage of high draft picks should help in the rebuild…

id like to see the Canadians have about 6 years when they are drafting top 5…

Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    You have to go with Florida and the Leafs as the most likely teams to break the playoff win streak.  Id say Minnesota could also be in the running as the West always gets murky
    Please forgive my Det negativity, they are one of my fav teams. The 2 years I followed them close was the last year and year after the streak ended. My bro and I felt that the team had all the top players and potential in the nhl, but the system was hurting the team.

Anyway, excited for hockey to start up again!! 
    Have a feeling during the playoffs this year an underdog or 2 are going to do awesome, maybe even win it all. (Or the Canes can win it all, always ok with that.)