***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Pap said:

Did you win that, or you are just showing us that it exists?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Pap said:

The second. I've pre-ordered the book and therefore have automatically entered the prize draw. The results should be announced around October 10th.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    Pap said:

The second. I've pre-ordered the book and therefore have automatically entered the prize draw. The results should be announced around October 10th.
    well good luck! that would be awesome!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

^ Thanks man! :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    One of my friends was thinking of going with me to the Dave Grohl Storyteller event here in NYC. I got my ticket when they went on sale. They were $100 no matter what seat you got (orchestra or balcony). I was lucky to get center orchestra. I just checked the tickets for my friend. Now they are all listed for $750 to $1400 for balcony on Ticketmaster resale. Scalpers are insane! Ticketmaster should only allow them to be marked up to a small limit to resell on their site. They should not be endorsing this type of markup. I know I am preaching to the choir. Rant over!
    doesn't ticketmaster often hold back tickets and "re"sell them themselves at those massive markups? it's a crooked system. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    doesn't ticketmaster often hold back tickets and "re"sell them themselves at those massive markups? it's a crooked system. 
    Yes, its called Platinum tickets with this description which is complete bullshit

These tickets vary in price driven by demand from fans, similar to airline tickets and hotel rooms. By using this dynamic pricing, we give fans an opportunity to safely buy official tickets for the events they love right up to the date of the show.
    Kearnsy
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Kearn5y said:
    Yes, its called Platinum tickets with this description which is complete bullshit

These tickets vary in price driven by demand from fans, similar to airline tickets and hotel rooms. By using this dynamic pricing, we give fans an opportunity to safely buy official tickets for the events they love right up to the date of the show.
    Uuugh, that description is absolutely complete bullshit and also enraging, it is such blatant exploitation of the system!  But I'm guessing artists have the right or the choice to not allow that, since I figure if Ticketmaster could do it for every show they would, and sometimes they cannot?  Anyone know if artists have any say in whether this is allowed for official resale to their shows?
    Got the book today! :smiley: Waterstones' exclusive edition w/ an extra chapter on Bowie.
    extra chapter? cool. I didn't know about that edition. mine from amazon i think arrives tomorrow. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited October 2021
    I went to Dave Grohl’s Storyteller show last night. It was phenomenal. It takes a special skill to talk for 3 hours and keep people entertained. He told great stories with a lot of humor and charm. Lots of audience interaction. He choked up a bit talking about Kurt. It was a really amazing show. We all got a copy of his book. I know he is only doing this in four cities right now. They should film it so people can watch on TV. He played four Foo Fighters songs on an acoustic guitar and also played drums to a recording of Smells Like Teen Spirit. It was really cool, but sad also. I took a great video of it but I don’t know how to upload videos from my phone to here so they actually play. If anyone knows let me know. I had great seats as well. 

Post edited by GlowGirl on
    fantastic. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

GlowGirl said:
    I went to Dave Grohl’s Storyteller show last night. It was phenomenal. It takes a special skill to talk for 3 hours and keep people entertained. [...] He played four Foo Fighter songs on an acoustic guitar and also played drums to a recording of Smells Like Teen Spirit. It was really cool, but sad also.
    Wow! :plus_one:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Wish I had gotten tickets for the L.A. "show"
  • Not often you see him play guitar and the drums at the same time!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited October 2021
    Not often you see him play guitar and the drums at the same time!

I thought that as well when I saw how the photos lined up :lol:
    He did start the Foo Fighters out as a one man band.
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    Pap said:

I was hoping at the Storyteller show he would sign books like Mike McCready did at the Polaroids show. When they were passing them out I asked if he was going to sign any. They said he signed a batch and they were randomly in the pile that was being passed out in the lobby. Of course I didn't get one of those. There was a huge crowd outside the stage door waiting for him to come out after. I thought about it for a minute. But decided to head home.

and 95% of those will end up on ebay. sad. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    GlowGirl said:
    I went to Dave Grohl’s Storyteller show last night. It was phenomenal. It takes a special skill to talk for 3 hours and keep people entertained. He told great stories with a lot of humor and charm. Lots of audience interaction. He choked up a bit talking about Kurt. It was a really amazing show. We all got a copy of his book. I know he is only doing this in four cities right now. They should film it so people can watch on TV. He played four Foo Fighters songs on an acoustic guitar and also played drums to a recording of Smells Like Teen Spirit. It was really cool, but sad also. I took a great video of it but I don’t know how to upload videos from my phone to here so they actually play. If anyone knows let me know. I had great seats as well. 

I'm so happy for you that you were there! And also my envy knows NO BOUNDS! :)  I swung by the Lincoln yesterday during the day to see if there was any even faint chance tix would be released, but they pretty much said even staff who weren't working were unlikely to be able to go so it looked pretty hopeless.

Wow, THREE HOURS!!!  That's incredible, so would have loved to be there!  Right on, glad you went and thanks for the pics & a bit of detail on how it was!
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    My order for the signed copy of Storyteller from Indigo got cancelled 😢😢
    If anyone has one they are willing to part with, pls let me know.
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Anyone in the UK that be willing to help me score the hmv centenary release next month please?? 

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/foo-fighters-(hmv-exclusive)-the-1921-centenary-ed
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Great set tonight at Shaky Knees! Hearing Shame Shame was my highlight. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Pat's face is perfection on the poster.  I can't help but smile.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Hanukkah Sessions are back for 2021. Starts today. Happy Hanukkah!!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    GlowGirl said:
    Hanukkah Sessions are back for 2021. Starts today. Happy Hanukkah!!
    Looking forward to it. Last year was so fun. 
    The first song is pretty aggro!
    Looks like the Foos are teasing some U.S. dates for next year on Twitter