Options

Vedder on Howard Stern

2»

Comments

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    If you haven't seen it, watch the first 30 seconds of this clip. You won't be disappointed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_DTyowC1wM
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    In the interview I remember Howard mentioning that he paints and Ed seemed intrigued but they didn’t go into it. I wonder if they are bonding over that, I also wonder if maybe Ed got an invite to Howard’s private Instagram. I laughed so hard when Howard said thanks for the fact he and Ed are great friends now.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    If anyone is still iso the audio & video of that 3 hour broadcast ...
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    demetrios said:
    Could you please send again? 🥺 I took too long and the link is expired.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 547
    demetrios said:
    Yes, please. I don't have sirius.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    demetrios said:
    Demetrius can you try one more time for me?   It expired on me after a day for some reason last time. Thank you!
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjsyco said:
    igotid88 said:
    I haven't listened to today's show yet. But I heard he was talking about them
    You didn’t miss much, he was talking about 1991 and all the great albums that came out in August and September of that year. Hollywood Howie then started talking about “Ten” and some of the songs. He said “Jeremy” was about a kid at a high school that brought a gun and shot up a fish tank. Listening to Stern the last few years is painful…definitely not the same show it was 10 years ago. He caters to middle aged soccer moms now. 
    Gotta love this take. Why are you still listening then? 
    I listened because a co worker of mine texted and said Stern was talking about PJ. I figured he would be talking about SEA.HEAR.NOW since it was held in that area. 
    I quit listening to the HSS about two years ago. You can’t sit there and tell me it’s funny. The phony phone calls Wilding does are absolutely atrocious and not funny…at all. Sal and Richard have been neutered and they were the best part of that show. When Howard is kissing Rosie and Ellen’s ass, I’m out. Hollywood Howie, you can have him. 
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,657
    demetrios said:
    I would love the video please.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    pjsyco said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjsyco said:
    igotid88 said:
    You didn’t miss much, he was talking about 1991 and all the great albums that came out in August and September of that year. Hollywood Howie then started talking about “Ten” and some of the songs. He said “Jeremy” was about a kid at a high school that brought a gun and shot up a fish tank. Listening to Stern the last few years is painful…definitely not the same show it was 10 years ago. He caters to middle aged soccer moms now. 
    I listened because a co worker of mine texted and said Stern was talking about PJ. I figured he would be talking about SEA.HEAR.NOW since it was held in that area. 
    I quit listening to the HSS about two years ago. You can’t sit there and tell me it’s funny. The phony phone calls Wilding does are absolutely atrocious and not funny…at all. Sal and Richard have been neutered and they were the best part of that show. When Howard is kissing Rosie and Ellen’s ass, I’m out. Hollywood Howie, you can have him. 
    I can tell you it's funny. Some of the phone calls are stupid for sure but it is worth listening to just for the interviews. Sal and Richard are funny sometimes...sometimes not.

Today he had Coldplay on and it was interesting as hell.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    pjsyco said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjsyco said:
    igotid88 said:
    I can tell you it's funny. Some of the phone calls are stupid for sure but it is worth listening to just for the interviews. Sal and Richard are funny sometimes...sometimes not.

Our definition of funny is obviously not the same. Hey, if that’s what you’re into, more power to you. In my opinion it’s just really got stale after ETM died and Stern started getting way too politically correct. I actually started listening to Adam Carolla’s podcast the last few years and that works for me. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    pjsyco said:
    pjsyco said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjsyco said:
    igotid88 said:

Our definition of funny is obviously not the same. Hey, if that’s what you’re into, more power to you. In my opinion it’s just really got stale after ETM died and Stern started getting way too politically correct. I actually started listening to Adam Carolla’s podcast the last few years and that works for me. 
    by politically correct do you mean changing Gary the Retard and Wendy the Retard to Gary the Conqueror and Wendy the slow adult?

I mean yeah....he's gotten softer in that regard.

Carolla is too right wing for me.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    I would be very grateful! Thanks!
  • Options
    Okie dokie
  • Options
    Here is a copy of the full Ed interview on Howard in high quality. enjoy https://we.tl/t-a4zaCSqLgt
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Solo / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    Im 2 hrs in and love it.
    You cannot not love ed
    You’ve never heard this!!!???
  • Options
    pjsyco said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjsyco said:
    igotid88 said:
    Fair enough 
  • Options
    I would love a copy of this! Going through PJ withdrawal so anything would help at the moment!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Im 2 hrs in and love it.
    You cannot not love ed
    No i didnt  notice it happened.  Been pretty  out of the  loop and fucked up
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Im 2 hrs in and love it.
    You cannot not love ed
    Hope all is well and I’m stoked you finally got to hear it because it’s an incredible listen. 
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 547
    Thanks again Demetrios.  Ed really opens up and goes places I don't think he even expected to go.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Im 2 hrs in and love it.
    You cannot not love ed
    Hope all is well and I’m stoked you finally got to hear it because it’s an incredible listen. 
    Thank you my friend 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Thanks again Demetrios.  Ed really opens up and goes places I don't think he even expected to go.
    Howard was really good at getting Ed to open up, even by simply asking what went through his mind or well what did you mean by that. He was also really respectful. He didn’t push too hard when Ed was closing the door on topics.

I love how much time he spent on songwriting. I’m glad Howard didn’t just dig into personal/band drama and focused on Ed’s key craft. And that he didn’t let it be 3 hrs of Ed talking about politics either.

Excellent interview, thank you Demetrios for the send!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
     :) 
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Hey now! Fun interview this morning with a couple PJ/Eddie references. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

This discussion has been closed.