1424344454648»

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    jjflash said:
    andrew68 said:
    jdopj said:
    Any feedback on the VIP area?
    is the viewing area ok?
    are there other places to go stand if it’s not?
    we sat in the vip bleachers for EV...was very chill...lots of space with decent sound

Saturday we stood in the VIP GA just in front and to the right of the bleachers...lots of space throughout, high bars and stools set up, short bar lines, short waits for merch (pizza line longer)....all in all I thought it was a fantastic set up...something for everyone...if I had one complaint  it was the poor viewing angle of the entire VIP area but good size monitors and excellent sound made up for it...different experience for me  but ideal for seeing a show with my wife...we've agreed to make in an annual trip 

A

PS....10:30pm curfew on Sundays
    We did VIP on Sat to see what it was all about, and did GA on Fri/Sun. Like Andrew said, the viewing angle is just aiight, and fine if you're ok either not seeing the left side of the stage and/or taking in the show via a screen. For the evening shows my buddy was ok with the well-positioned screens and, especially the VIP area's easy, quick escapes (see what I did there? ha) to the bathrooms and beer stands. I wanted to see The Earthlings live and direct so I gladly joined the GA masses.

Get ready to spend a lot of coin on food and beverages. The overall festival experience was incredible. My only gripe is the costs once inside. Beers, which are in 16oz cans, are 14 a pop. A personal pizza, which was around 12", was $26. :open_mouth: Maybe those are the rates that make it work for the organizers, but as an attendee I felt gouged.
    Full weekend VIP included 2 drinks per person per day. We used them and nothing else. Filled our water bottle.
    Got pizza one night
    Food trucks on G.A. side Sunday night.
    The bathrooms in VIP never had a line and if they did you'd have to work hard to beat the view..  

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    You can come and go from the festival right? I would just eat/drink outside the gates if there’s options.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    You can come and go from the festival right? I would just eat/drink outside the gates if there’s options.
    Unfortunately, there is no re-entry.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Oh that’s a major bummer. What’s the point of the wristbands then? Especially for an all day affair.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    I’ve never been to a festival so hopefully it’s not a disappointment since I normally have really good fan club seats
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    it was no problem bringing our own booze in each day and just buying some mixers.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • jjflash said:
    andrew68 said:
    jdopj said:
    Any feedback on the VIP area?
    is the viewing area ok?
    are there other places to go stand if it’s not?
    we sat in the vip bleachers for EV...was very chill...lots of space with decent sound

Saturday we stood in the VIP GA just in front and to the right of the bleachers...lots of space throughout, high bars and stools set up, short bar lines, short waits for merch (pizza line longer)....all in all I thought it was a fantastic set up...something for everyone...if I had one complaint  it was the poor viewing angle of the entire VIP area but good size monitors and excellent sound made up for it...different experience for me  but ideal for seeing a show with my wife...we've agreed to make in an annual trip 

A

PS....10:30pm curfew on Sundays
    We did VIP on Sat to see what it was all about, and did GA on Fri/Sun. Like Andrew said, the viewing angle is just aiight, and fine if you're ok either not seeing the left side of the stage and/or taking in the show via a screen. For the evening shows my buddy was ok with the well-positioned screens and, especially the VIP area's easy, quick escapes (see what I did there? ha) to the bathrooms and beer stands. I wanted to see The Earthlings live and direct so I gladly joined the GA masses.

Get ready to spend a lot of coin on food and beverages. The overall festival experience was incredible. My only gripe is the costs once inside. Beers, which are in 16oz cans, are 14 a pop. A personal pizza, which was around 12", was $26. :open_mouth: Maybe those are the rates that make it work for the organizers, but as an attendee I felt gouged.
    I am bringing in a big water bottle to refill. There is no way I would spend $14 for a beer. They are not even that much at a MLB stadium. If I really want a beer, I can wait until after the show. 
    Right?! And it’s not even a draft beer  :o
    jdopj said:
    I’ve never been to a festival so hopefully it’s not a disappointment since I normally have really good fan club seats
    I think you'll be pretty happy with the layout. You'll be able to get very close.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    mfc2006 said:
    jdopj said:
    I think you'll be pretty happy with the layout. You'll be able to get very close.
    Thank you!!
    jdopj said:
    mfc2006 said:
    jdopj said:
    Thank you!!
    You bet. Obviously, the earlier you arrive, the better your spot will be. That being said, it was pretty easy to get close until later in the day last weekend. We even watched some early sets from the bleachers on Friday and you could see/hear just fine. Enjoy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ComeToTX said:
    it was no problem bringing our own booze in each day and just buying some mixers.
    If you don’t mind me asking, how thorough were the bag searches? Contemplating doing the same this weekend 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    wsimon74 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    If you don’t mind me asking, how thorough were the bag searches? Contemplating doing the same this weekend 
    I just tucked bottles in my waistband. There’s no pat down, just a metal detector. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ComeToTX said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    I just tucked bottles in my waistband. There’s no pat down, just a metal detector. 
    Thanks!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    Oh that’s a major bummer. What’s the point of the wristbands then? Especially for an all day affair.
    The wristband gets scanned electronically when you enter and a green light comes on. I imagine it’s red if you try it a second time in the same day. 
    The wristband gets scanned electronically when you enter and a green light comes on. I imagine it’s red if you try it a second time in the same day. 
    SHN you could do multiple scans (I think 3 per day). I guess I was thinking compared to traditional tickets the wristband helps with reentry as I would imagine they are harder to counterfeit. But what do I know lol.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited September 2021
    Ohana Festival Weekend One Recap
    News September 28 2021 

Ohana Festival weekend one was a success! Thank you to all those who came out to the festival. We can't wait to see you this weekend at Ohana Encore!

• chittychitty Posts: 574
    The price of food and booze was crazy. We found one place by Açai vendor that had fries for $5 and good portion size. Best deal by a landslide. 
    Brining in own booze is the way to go. Bought one $16 ($21cad) and said no way I’ll bring my own 

now that I’m not going, the hint to get as close as possible 10 min before PJ comes on is go right to the VIP entrance from GA. Follow the fence in and you’ll get at least to where the vip bleachers end. Huh can then snake in a bit from there. Sound was great and didn’t have to be rude and block other people view who may have been waiting for awhile. The reason is people were still sitting on blankets to that point so you could bypass al them 
  • ianh42ianh42 Posts: 193
    chitty said:
    The price of food and booze was crazy. We found one place by Açai vendor that had fries for $5 and good portion size. Best deal by a landslide. 
    Brining in own booze is the way to go. Bought one $16 ($21cad) and said no way I’ll bring my own 

now that I’m not going, the hint to get as close as possible 10 min before PJ comes on is go right to the VIP entrance from GA. Follow the fence in and you’ll get at least to where the vip bleachers end. Huh can then snake in a bit from there. Sound was great and didn’t have to be rude and block other people view who may have been waiting for awhile. The reason is people were still sitting on blankets to that point so you could bypass al them 
    Don't give away the secrets, ha.  I think generally speaking people were very cool about space up until you got into the first 10-15 rows.
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • thanksjemsthanksjems Chicago Posts: 28
    edited September 2021
    So this was my first Ohana, my 109th show, and I must say it was a fantastic experience!! Yes, prices were high once inside but I expected that considering its a festival, and in California! The crowd was great all weekend! Seemed like a very well run/organized event. Never had an issue for bathrooms. In my opinion, there wasn't anything bad to say about the whole weekend. I would recommend bringing your own food, snacks, water bottle, and drinks(would have to hide going through security). Overall, seemed to be more of an "honor system" going through security(which I was surprised by), but everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves without getting obnoxious. It actually restored some faith in humanity considering what we've all been through in the last 2 years. Again, fantastic experience and can not wait for the next!!!
    Post edited by thanksjems on
    thanksjems
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    wsimon74 said:
    ComeToTX said:

I brought in six titos airplane bottles wrapped in a shirt. No problem and helped the weak $16 drinks have some kick.  If your bag is clear they barely looked at it.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    A few shots worth sharing from last weekend :smile: So good to see old friends and meet a bunch of new ones alike. Shout outs to Matt and Laurel, Paul and Beth, Terry, Dean, Jason, German, sisters Karen and Gretchen, Chris from Australia, Keith and Eva from Poland, Quebec Chris, Heide, Jason the pilot, Josh the brewer, Noah, and others who I'm probably forgetting :hang_loose:

What a weekend! Cheers to all the lucky ones going to the Encore...enjoy!!

jjflash said:
    A few shots worth sharing from last weekend :smile: So good to see old friends and meet a bunch of new ones alike. Shout outs to Matt and Laurel, Paul and Beth, Terry, Dean, Jason, German, sisters Karen and Gretchen, Chris from Australia, Keith and Eva from Poland, Quebec Chris, Heide, Jason the pilot, Josh the brewer, Noah, and others who I'm probably forgetting :hang_loose:

Cheers back to you, my friend! So good seeing you and catching up. Looking forward to seeing you again in STL!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328
    jjflash said:

Nice shots!