*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Place is gonna go ape shit for a free frosty. I’ll be there for that game. Will be all time boos 
    I'd be shocked if he has the balls to actually suit up in his first game back
    He has to. He’ll be the biggest pussy in the history of the league if not.
    Well...how many other perimeter players, with his pedigree, were afraid of shooting a basketball though? I don't think him ducking out on that first game back is far fetched. Hope I'm wrong because, yeah, I'd love to be there too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Place is gonna go ape shit for a free frosty. I’ll be there for that game. Will be all time boos 
    I'd be shocked if he has the balls to actually suit up in his first game back
    He has to. He’ll be the biggest pussy in the history of the league if not.
    Is he not already?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited September 2021
     I don't like Stephan A Smith....but the man speaks the truth

“Good luck to the team he lands with. Because at this particular moment in time we can only say you’ll be getting a good player, but not one willing to do what’s required to be great. If (screaming) Ben Simmons developed a free throw shot, not even a jump shot, he’d average 25 a game. He’s that gifted, he’s that special of a talent. His problem is he’s scared to shoot. And the 76ers, and the 76ers fan base is to blame? And you don’t want to come back because you can’t deal with them? That’s a heart check, ladies and gentlemen.”

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Except when he says Simmons is "Lebron James part 2" if he develops a jump shot. That's just a tad over the top.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    edited September 2021
    Poncier said:

Except when he says Simmons is "Lebron James part 2" if he develops a jump shot. That's just a tad over the top.
    Yeah it is.

The point he was trying to make is Simmons' ceiling is (was?) that of a generational talent. He's already an elite defender and passer. If he put the work in to develop a shot, he would be a superstar. That is what most of us expected to happen a few years ago. Instead, he spends his offseasons dating Kardashians and his game has regressed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

Yeah it is.

The point he was trying to make is Simmons' ceiling is (was?) that of a generational talent. He's already an elite defender and passer. If he put the work in to develop a shot, he would be a superstar. That is what most of us expected to happen a few years ago. Instead, he spends his offseasons dating Kardashians and his game has regressed. 
    Exactly. At this point he's just another banal celebrity. Paris Hilton. A Kardashian. One of those people. Shame - I can't imagine any other team would give us anything of value for him.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    They're not trading him. I hope he gets fined into the ground. This isn't even a matter of anything being based what the media or fans or some bullshit said in the off-season. It's that this dude doesn't want to be #2 to the actual franchise player and that he absolutely quits.

Stephen A said yesterday the Sixers rejected McCollum, Covington, and picks in exchange for Simmons. 

If true...why reject that?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Stephen A said yesterday the Sixers rejected McCollum, Covington, and picks in exchange for Simmons. 

I have to think it's the amount of 1st round picks? I kept seeing that was a holdup. I think I'm down with Morey just getting into a staring contest with Ben.
    edited September 2021

I have to think it's the amount of 1st round picks? I kept seeing that was a holdup. I think I'm down with Morey just getting into a staring contest with Ben.
    Feel like this would be a pretty decent haul for him, all things considered.

McCollum's a perfect fit offensively with Jo, you get another 3 and D from Covington, plus you keep both Maxey and Mattise. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, overall I agree. I have to think it's probably BS.
    Ohhhh shit - Sixers hired a woman to replace Zumoff. Looking forward to what's to come from the collective head of this city in some parts exploding.
    Jesus Christ
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Sounds like she has a great resume so I'm not criticizing the hire.  The issue is no one can criticize it even if you have legitimate reasons not to like it or if she doesn't do a great job at it.  It would be nice to live in a world where she would get the same scrutiny as Tom McCarthy does (who I think takes way too much shit and is not nearly as bad as many around these parts think) but of course we don't.
    Tom McCarthy is that bad. Not bad at NFL games, but that makes more sense. The issue is what? She hasn't done anything to warrant criticism yet, beyond being a woman.
    That is awesome news! Shamefully, some of these idiot sideline reporters give women announcers a bad name - looking at you Michelle Tafoya.

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/sixers-kate-scott-nbc-sports-philadelphia-announcer-alaa-abdelnaby-20210923.html

edited September 2021
    That is awesome news! Shamefully, some of these idiot sideline reporters give women announcers a bad name - looking at you Michelle Tafoya.

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/sixers-kate-scott-nbc-sports-philadelphia-announcer-alaa-abdelnaby-20210923.html
    What's awesome about it? I had never heard of her up until this afternoon. Are you familiar with her work?

Tom McGinnis deserves the tv position just as Scott Franske deserves the Phils position. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Tom McCarthy is that bad. Not bad at NFL games, but that makes more sense. The issue is what? She hasn't done anything to warrant criticism yet, beyond being a woman.
    I think McCarthy is annoying on the Phils because baseball lends itself to too much talking and laughing.  I don't think he is a bad announcer per se just annoying, which I get.  I think he is good at football and really good at college hoops.  He is far less annoying on those two sports.

What's awesome about it? I had never heard of her up until this afternoon. Are you familiar with her work?

Tom McGinnis deserves the tv position just as Scott Franske deserves the Phils position. 
    Not getting into this. I'm a supporter of representation, and that's that.

edited September 2021

Not getting into this. I'm a supporter of representation, and that's that.
    Okay. But does this mean you would have been happy as long as any woman got the job though?

I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm just trying to understand. I am all for equal rights and equal pay and all all that stuff. But I'm also for the best person for the job. And she may very well end up being that person. They already have a fantastic play by play guy on the radio, who the majority of fans generally really like, who got passed over. 

I can't help but feeling the same sort of disappointment I felt like when the Phils promoted McCarthy instead of Franske. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    McCarthy is aids 
    I mean McGinnis would be cool, but I think he's better on the radio because he's better solo.

McCarthy is good at football and basketball because they're constant moving sports and he can yammer his gullet face into the ground. But, regardless, the sport and team I care about he absolutely sucks at.

It sucks that Zumoff retired that's for sure.

But beyond that, good luck to this woman. Already, on cue, have gotten texts from friends I'd expect it from re: "I guess I'll watch the sixers on mute this season..." blah blah blahhhhh.
    I don't think it's just that she's a woman (well of course for some of these people it is). It's that nobody around here has ever heard of her before and she's replacing a legend. Huge shoes to fill for an unknown. Most people probably assumed McGinnis or someone with a bigger track record was going replace Zoo. 

And McGinnis did have a color analyst with him a while back--Todd McCulloch. I don't think it is uncommon for radio announcers to be able to transition to television. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Todd McCulloch stunk. Abdelnaby was unheard of, and now I like him a lot.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited September 2021
    As in the big goofy guy that played for the sixers? I dont remember that 

Before your time, Cliff.

https://youtu.be/FRZN7IzvCVs
    edited September 2021
    ^
    Hahaha....never seen that before

McCulloch had real dry, sarcastic sense of humor. Thought they were pretty good together. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I swear we're living in an alternate universe. Or I keep forgetting that this is the perfect ending when it comes to this city.