PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Jeez, needed that fucking game. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    God damn. Yeah it’s happening right in front of my house tomorrow. What in the absolute fuck. I need to come back but will have nowhere to park 
    Our last place in SoCal was out near the end of a jetty in the marina and the street that lead out there was the only way in/out.  There was a little "fisherman's village" with shops, piers, and restaurants right before our complex.  It seemed they were always filming there, and it fucked stuff up every time.  Being where we were and knowing so many people who worked in that industry (including my wife) there was no novelty, only pain in the ass.

The Bluth banana stand was one of the things I always laugh at being "there".

Good luck dealing with that crap.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    God damn. Yeah it’s happening right in front of my house tomorrow. What in the absolute fuck. I need to come back but will have nowhere to park 
    Our last place in SoCal was out near the end of a jetty in the marina and the street that lead out there was the only way in/out.  There was a little "fisherman's village" with shops, piers, and restaurants right before our complex.  It seemed they were always filming there, and it fucked stuff up every time.  Being where we were and knowing so many people who worked in that industry (including my wife) there was no novelty, only pain in the ass.

The Bluth banana stand was one of the things I always laugh at being "there".

Good luck dealing with that crap.  
    The banana stand is great! That’s a good one. 

Yeah I haven’t seen enough to be annoyed, but I’m sure it’s annoying if it happens all the time. The only mildly annoying thing I experienced with shooter, and to a lesser extent 21 bridges, is basically no notice it’s going to happen and boom you can’t go certain places. I basically drove through the set of shooter, leaving my parking garage since they didn’t tell us. 

But yeah, Good day Philadelphia literally just showed our house. So bizarre. Don’t think we’re heading back to see it, but kinda want to.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Hopefully this movie is decent. All I've known of Adam Sandler in the past 15-20 years that didn't suck was this, because of my kids:

https://youtu.be/Py2f38iPBeI
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I love old school Sandler but agree it has been a while since something I liked was out. 
    Tried watching the jewelry one where he got props for his acting but turned it off.
    That's My Boy and Grown Ups, maybe?  Both totally idiotic, but that is sorta his thing. 

I give him credit for taking his crew of friends with him and knowing his movies are garbage that make mountains of cash. I'd do the same thing. Just off the top of my head the last thing that I really liked of his was Anger Management. Reign Over Me and Funny People I thought were ok. Oh, and that standup special music jawn he did was not bad either, actually pretty good! Dude loves him some oversized shirts.
    I was going to say reign over me, funny people and grown ups. 

Didn’t hate uncut gems, didn’t love it 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Is the new Sandler movie called Big Grandaddy?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Uncut Gems was good
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Is the new Sandler movie called Big Grandaddy?

I liked Big Daddy -- still call any old dude with white hair/beard "Old Man Balls" -- worked with a guy that looked like the old man from Big Daddy for years and this was how I referred to him.
    I think the best movie he made he wasn't even in - Grandma's Boy made me hurt with laughter. Especially while smoking weed, not sure if that was coincidental or not....
    I think the best movie he made he wasn't even in - Grandma's Boy made me hurt with laughter. Especially while smoking weed, not sure if that was coincidental or not....

Oh man, I haven't watched that in years.  I remember laughing like crazy at that movie, as well.
    If whatever they are currently filming makes the movie, my house is 100% making it. Watching it on my ring. 4 people facing opposite directions are standing directly in front of my house/gate start walking as cars drive up the street while a delivery truck drives across the cross street. They have done this a dozen times 
    lolllll he's sitting here watching his Ring feed lol
    Lol…off and on, but had to just tell someone to get out of my yard too. Some fucker just came in and sat there and watched everything
    hahahahaha, you're yelling at people through your doorbell? literally GET OFF MY LAWN
    hahahahaha, you're yelling at people through your doorbell? literally GET OFF MY LAWN
    Literally. He was standing in the yard on the fence a bit and I didn’t say anything but then he sat down on the steps and my neighbor was out there too and was eying him up, so I told him to beat it hahaha. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I walked or rode my bike through every set that got in my way while living in NYC. It’s not like they were going to give me a ticket. Just some intern hollers at you a few times. It’s NYC; people got places to be. 

It seemed as though they were never not filming somewhere along my route.  
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited September 2021
    You should be flattered that your house is a movie star.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Literally. He was standing in the yard on the fence a bit and I didn’t say anything but then he sat down on the steps and my neighbor was out there too and was eying him up, so I told him to beat it hahaha. 
    That is pretty funny and so 2021.  How did the guy react? did he look back to see if anyone was there?
    pjhawks said:
    That is pretty funny and so 2021.  How did the guy react? did he look back to see if anyone was there?
    He took it well and said they asked him to get out of the shot but he took off after. Definitely startled. 

Some of our neighbors sent a video of Sandler saying he loves the neighborhood and thanks and all. Literally 50 feet from my house. Bummed I didn’t see him. 

On the Sandler movie convo. He obviously had a massive run from billy Madison to big daddy. I am also down with airheads 100%. I am a deeds fan and you can’t go wrong with 50 first dates. Along with everything else mentioned. I only watched it once in the theater so would like to see it again but punch drunk love goes down as one of my most hated movies…based on only one watch 
    Punch drunk love was turrrrble.
    Damn, Cliff loves him some Sandler.

I knew we're gonna fuckin' blow it to the goddamn Orioles.
    edited September 2021
    It’s a hot take that billy Madison, happy Gilmore, Waterboy and big daddy was a huge run?
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Hot take that 50 first dates and Mr deeds are good movies, that's for sure!

Also a hot take - Punch Drunk Love is a good movie.
    Deeds is funny, to me.  Love Turturro in it.
    50 First Dates is a movie my wife loves but I can laugh at.  Fat Hobbit is pretty funny playing Drew Barrymore's brother.

The fucking Cardinals are going to get that wild card.
    Makes me want to vomit.
    I hate them and Reds had such a clear path
    Would 1000% rather have seen the Phillies in before the Cards.
    Agreed on 50 first dates. Definitely one the wife watches and I get sucked into, but I do enjoy it. Deeds is good. Punch drunk love is bad
    We're playing for this goddamn division. But to do so we need to be less than 3 games out by the time we play Atlanta. And they're fuckin it up. I swear I'm trying not to care!

If someone wants to go Sandler/Barrymore movie then gimme Wedding Singer, fine I'll take it.

I am just astonished by how much money he's made since 2001. Like crazy crazy amounts of money for a guy in XL shirts and goes habba habba heeeee dabba dabba hooo. He's got this 4 movie deal with Netflix, I just hope the one in Philly is decent enough to watch.
    edited September 2021
    Shit, yeah, I’ll go wedding singer. Didn’t even think of it.  Dude is a fucking gold mine but do agree there has been 95% bad since that timeframe. That’s when he started to get overshadowed by the more vulgar R comedies from Apatow and Todd Phillips and his stuff was just corny. 

Apparently kids still love him though. Have a good friend with a 15 year old and he’s a huge fan, so what do I know 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    That's what I'm sayin', I don't know! I'm baffled by it.

Onto more important shit - Cliff (or anyone in South Philly), if you see this guy around make sure he knows I'm going to pull his eyeballs out with my thumbs.

https://video.nest.com/clip/b2d09c85a9cc43ecad4a4b4c2e11d82f.mp4

https://video.nest.com/clip/93d777c638b846f5bb42b3ada13378dd.mp4