Pearl Jam's Gigaton

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    RiotZact said:
    I wasn't there but thought the new songs sounded great on the livestream and on youtube.....though I didn't see Take The Long Way....not too interested in that one anyway though. 
    Along with Superblood Wolfmoon, Take the Long Way really impressed me live. Both of those songs are middle of the road Gigaton for me, but they both had me fully engaged at the show. 
    I thought they kicked ass on Take The Long Way
  • Interesting, i really like TTLW on the record, but felt like they haven't quite nailed it live (which is understandable of course).

On the other hand, i thought they did full justice to Quick Escape and Seven O'clock.
  • Interesting, i really like TTLW on the record, but felt like they haven't quite nailed it live (which is understandable of course).

On the other hand, i thought they did full justice to Quick Escape and Seven O'clock.
    Quick Escape and SBWM were the ones that I liked the most live. The opening of QE just hits you from the get go.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    cutz said:
    RiotZact said:
    I wasn't there but thought the new songs sounded great on the livestream and on youtube.....though I didn't see Take The Long Way....not too interested in that one anyway though. 
    Along with Superblood Wolfmoon, Take the Long Way really impressed me live. Both of those songs are middle of the road Gigaton for me, but they both had me fully engaged at the show. 
    I thought they kicked ass on Take The Long Way
    I did go and see it after my post. Sounded good...but that is just too much of a Matt song for my liking. I don't see myself really getting into it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited September 2021
    ^ Nice! :flushed:
    There must be a DVD coming our way soon, now that they've added a new studio/touring member. Something similar to what happened when Boom joined the band. :wink:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Best album ever in the last 10 years! There I said it.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Pap said:
    There must be a DVD coming our way soon, now that they've added a new studio/touring member. Something similar to what happened when Boom joined the band. :wink:

A yes please!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Pap said:
    haha, kinda doubt it. they film all their stuff; it's a great promotional tool. there's no money in making a dvd anymore anyway it seems. they can get people to pay to rent it for 2 days and it's gone. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Retrograde live....meh
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Also

Retrograde studio...meh
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Also

Retrograde studio...meh
    Not even the end? Those soaring vocals? Nothing? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    These songs all sounded great at Ohana. Was bummed to see that Never Destination was dropped. Retrograde isn't my favorite tune on Gigaton, but it did sound good live. Alright would make for a good opener as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    if Ottawa ever gets rescheduled I'll take the entire album, mid set. I love it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Also

Retrograde studio...meh
    That song does not do much for me.

I wonder why they haven't played Who Ever Said yet? That seems like it would be a banger live. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Also

Retrograde studio...meh
    That song does not do much for me.

I wonder why they haven't played Who Ever Said yet? That seems like it would be a banger live. 
    Hopefully Never Destination and Who Ever Said are played this weekend....
    PJ - Superblood Wolfmoon @ SHN

@pearljam live debut of Superblood Wolfmoon from their show at Sea Hear Now festival in Asbury Park, NJ

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    After over a year and a half, I finally found a way to enjoy this album. 

• nicknyr15 said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    nicknyr15 said:

😂

PEARL JAM : "TAKE THE LONG WAY" - OHANA "ENCORE" FESTIVAL 2021 (Day 2) : Dana Point, CA (Oct 2)

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Josh added so much sound....I hope he stays with them.  Some of these songs won't be the same without him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Josh added so much sound....I hope he stays with them.  Some of these songs won't be the same without him.
    I agree! 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I completely agree
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com