Gabby Petito

Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    saw this trending over the weekend, and kind of went down a rabbit hole. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    edited September 2021
    The parents are back in their home now but were in an unmarked police car outside the residence for about an hour while police searched the home.  The home was labeled a crime scene....crazy.

Actually it was FBI searching

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    The parents are back in their home now but were in an unmarked police car outside the residence for about an hour while police searched the home.  The home was labeled a crime scene....crazy.
    Gabby's parents? or Laundrie's parents?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Gabby's parents? or Laundrie's parents?
    Sorry...Laundrie's

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    It’s all over the news even here in Germany. Definitely weird behavior by the boyfriend 

I was wondering if they called off the search due to finding his body....but I can't imagine that wouldn't have leaked yet

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Not that I don’t have empathy, but why such intense focus on her particular case? I imagine there are so very many young women with similar fates or worse who haven’t garnered such attention. 

What’s the lure?
    There are lots of missing people but I'm not sure the circumstances are similar i.e. boyfriend showing back up at home driving her van with no explanation, etc.

All of those cases interest me but unless I see them pop up I can't pay much attention to them.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    Not that I don’t have empathy, but why such intense focus on her particular case? I imagine there are so very many young women with similar fates or worse who haven’t garnered such attention. 

What’s the lure?
    https://youtu.be/R9uaz4wF10I
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    of course there is the "whiteness" element to it, but apparently she was also a social media influencer of some sort. that's the reason this hit social media way before MSM
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    As soon as this hit the news on TV last week, I said to the wife "he killed her, just a matter of if they can find the evidence to prove it."

I imagine he'll probably off himself (or already has), but hopefully he gets caught and faces justice. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    hedonist said:

What’s the lure?

dont have an answer other than adbook.....

this was contained in the cnn article linked above as a related article....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

What’s the lure?

dont have an answer other than adbook.....

this was contained in the cnn article linked above as a related article....

which lead to this link and important news....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

What’s the lure?
    https://youtu.be/R9uaz4wF10I
    Watson, you are ;)
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited September 2021
    It’s the Instagram factor and then the Unsolved Mysteries feel to it.  I discovered this one randomly on 9/11 because I guess her followers were blowing it up and trying to get it to trend.  Everyone has a true crime YouTube channel these days and all kinds of missing cases are profiled.  This one is weirder than most of them tho.  That’s why it took off.  It was a really public adventure and it got totally bizarre. 

They’re all smiles on Instagram, living the dream.  She vanishes, he reappears in Florida days later in her van.  I think people have figured out that he was definitely posting as her too.   Weird stuff.   Eerie how people spotted him and the van during or soon after the death.  

Really sad.  I hate that part of the police bodycam video where she’s talking about her new blog and she’s crying because he was telling her that she’d fail.  What happened to helping her make it happen?   Poor kid.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • This became national now?  local gal from NY on the island.

I believe her BF went and fed himself to the gators in the everglades.  I'd be shocked if he was found alive leaving both sets of parents with unanswered questions.
    https://fox59.com/news/national-world/can-you-help-stan-gabby-petitos-final-text-message-revealed/

This is odd.  Gabby supposedly referred to her grandfather as "Stan" in final text message to mother.  

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Dude is gator food by now.  It's sad that her parents will probably never know what happened to her. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.

They are searching the swamp again....

• https://fox59.com/news/national-world/can-you-help-stan-gabby-petitos-final-text-message-revealed/

This is odd.  Gabby supposedly referred to her grandfather as "Stan" in final text message to mother.  
    Nothing is odd about it.  The dumbass BF probably did it not realizing.
    https://fox59.com/news/national-world/can-you-help-stan-gabby-petitos-final-text-message-revealed/

Well...yeah. Odd to me I guess in that this kid had just recently murdered his fiance (likely) and decided that it made sense to text the mother from her phone.

• https://fox59.com/news/national-world/can-you-help-stan-gabby-petitos-final-text-message-revealed/

Well...yeah. Odd to me I guess in that this kid had just recently murdered his fiance (likely) and decided that it made sense to text the mother from her phone.
    That boy is none to bright.  Sad thing is he may have fed himself to the gators.

Do u think he really went to Puerto Rico?  He could very easily be extradited if he did, again, not too bright.

That boy is none to bright.  Sad thing is he may have fed himself to the gators.

Do u think he really went to Puerto Rico?  He could very easily be extradited if he did, again, not too bright.
    No...hopefully the FBI would have been on to that if he had. 

Likely offed himself if the swamp. 

I did see that people are saying he updated his Spotify profile this am but my guess is that is some technical thing rather than him being involved with it.

but didn't her phone "ping" from Puerto Rico?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• but didn't her phone "ping" from Puerto Rico?
    Maybe he mailed it?
    There is no way he could have taken a flight without this being known though right?

Has any reputable news source mentioned this PR ping?

There is no way he could have taken a flight without this being known though right?

Has any reputable news source mentioned this PR ping?
    not that I can find. just people online who think they are investigators. they tracked her using the hiking app AllTrails, which showed her last location as Puerto Rico. 

who knows. I would imagine something like that could easily be faked. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Why wouldn't you help your son?  I can see that.