Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Need some parking advice... 

Staying in San Clemente with friends which is great but now they've moved the shuttle location. They live 7 miles from the fest site.
    Is there a likelihood of finding any parking nearish the beach in San Clemente. Happy to walk the 2 miles.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    That's 5 miles isn't it? 

I have shuttle passes for the Encore weekend but now I'm thinking about just finding a spot within a mile or so to walk.  What a pain in the ass
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Question about the shuttles.  How often do they go TO the fest duing the day?  I see no type of schedule anywhere?
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    PB11041 said:
    Question about the shuttles.  How often do they go TO the fest duing the day?  I see no type of schedule anywhere?
    pretty sure every 15 minutes but I don't have a link
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Need some parking advice... 

Staying in San Clemente with friends which is great but now they've moved the shuttle location. They live 7 miles from the fest site.
    Is there a likelihood of finding any parking nearish the beach in San Clemente. Happy to walk the 2 miles.
    That's 5 miles isn't it? 

I have shuttle passes for the Encore weekend but now I'm thinking about just finding a spot within a mile or so to walk.  What a pain in the ass
    I Google Mapped a business near the beach in San Clemente it is roughly 2.2 mile walk.
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    ianh42 said:
    chitty said:
    Anyone staying at the DoubleTree Hilton at Dana Point? I assume alot of people. See you all there Thursday pool pre-festival party?
    We wish! We've been trying to get a room there since the shows were announced. No luck still. We've stayed there in years past and the location is so perfect. WE keep hoping for a canx to come up but it's not happening. We are like 20 miles away at some crappy hotel.

Try calling beachfront inn and suites at Dana Point, I cancelled there last night
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    I am flying across country two consectuive weekends I better be fucking ready!
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    I think I have a (seemingly) reliable taxi to get me and my wife in Dana Point for Fri and Sat to drive us back to Laguna. I need to double check with him Thurs, but if he can take another 2+ people, I can let anyone know that may need a ride to Laguna. No promises, but willing to help
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Need some parking advice... 

That's 5 miles isn't it? 

I Google Mapped a business near the beach in San Clemente it is roughly 2.2 mile walk.
    I walked about 1.75 miles after SHN. Walked  about 25 minutes.  Wasn’t terrible. 
  • Unfortunately we have to cancel our Ohana plans. Ugh.  So bummed.    Anyway, I just officially cancelled our room at the "Holiday Inn Express San Clemente N – Beach Area, an IHG Hotel".  Those of you still looking for rooms, this place should have one for now...get to it!
  • pjpitt89 said:
    I think I have a (seemingly) reliable taxi to get me and my wife in Dana Point for Fri and Sat to drive us back to Laguna. I need to double check with him Thurs, but if he can take another 2+ people, I can let anyone know that may need a ride to Laguna. No promises, but willing to help
    Just sent you a PM! Would love a reliable ride back to Laguna Beach! Thanks for offering to help! 
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 982
    edited September 2021
    So pumped for this weekend!!!  Is it true that merch tent opens at 10 am every day??  Any chance we get an early merch day on Thursday??
    Post edited by danlee1095 on
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • So, is anyone else having problems with all aspects of Front Gate?  I can't register my wristbands and I haven't received the shuttle passes for Saturday.  Their website keeps giving me 404 errors and their phone numbers point me to the website.  Also, their email addresses don't work.  Any clues how to break through?
  • So, is anyone else having problems with all aspects of Front Gate?  I can't register my wristbands and I haven't received the shuttle passes for Saturday.  Their website keeps giving me 404 errors and their phone numbers point me to the website.  Also, their email addresses don't work.  Any clues how to break through?
    I had the same thing one day, but not the next. I also did it on a desktop, not my phone, on the second try.
    I had issues with my SHN tickets and sent an e-mail to order-support@frontgatetickets.com.  I heard back a few days later and my issue was resolved.  It seems once they respond to your initial reach-out e-mail (and there is a person assigned to your case), follow-up e-mails are responded to very quickly.
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    So, is anyone else having problems with all aspects of Front Gate?  I can't register my wristbands and I haven't received the shuttle passes for Saturday.  Their website keeps giving me 404 errors and their phone numbers point me to the website.  Also, their email addresses don't work.  Any clues how to break through?
    I had issues with my SHN tickets and sent an e-mail to order-support@frontgatetickets.com.  I heard back a few days later and my issue was resolved.  It seems once they respond to your initial reach-out e-mail (and there is a person assigned to your case), follow-up e-mails are responded to very quickly.
    I'm confused by this.  I'm buying wristbands in person on Friday. Is there something that needs to be done to activate them?
    Yes. I've sent several e-mails over the past week and have heard nothing back. Phone number says to email them. Never received wristbands. Can't make it to Ohana, so I had no choice but to list tickets on ticket exchange. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    mrussel1 said:
    So, is anyone else having problems with all aspects of Front Gate?  I can't register my wristbands and I haven't received the shuttle passes for Saturday.  Their website keeps giving me 404 errors and their phone numbers point me to the website.  Also, their email addresses don't work.  Any clues how to break through?
    I'm confused by this.  I'm buying wristbands in person on Friday. Is there something that needs to be done to activate them?

kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:

Okay thanks.  So if I am buying wristbands, does the person who bought them have to activate them, or should I?  Anyone been through this before?  I tried to call the phone number and of course.. "phone support is not available at this time"...
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:

Okay thanks.  So if I am buying wristbands, does the person who bought them have to activate them, or should I?  Anyone been through this before?  I tried to call the phone number and of course.. "phone support is not available at this time"...
    You should activate it since you’ll be using that wristband.
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:

So yo don't think the wristband is tied to the person that purchased that specific band?  
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:

So yo don't think the wristband is tied to the person that purchased that specific band?  
    It shouldn't matter. If entry is anything like SHN, you scan your wristband for entry after you show your ID and proof of vax. 
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:

It shouldn't matter. If entry is anything like SHN, you scan your wristband for entry after you show your ID and Vax card. 
    I was more thinking about whether a different name could activate the wristband, different than the person who purchased it.  
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    you can't add a CC on this one, right?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, because one person can buy multiple wristbands for their party so they wouldn’t all be tied to that one purchaser.
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, because one person can buy multiple wristbands for their party so they wouldn’t all be tied to that one purchaser.
    This makes sense, so long as there isn't ONE that has to be tied to the buyer.  I guess I shall find out. 
  • Thanks everyone.  Alright, I got my shuttle pass situation sorted out but I still can't register my wrist bands.  Frustrating
  • ComeToTX said:
    I am wondering about that too. I haven’t activated mine yet, but I was wondering if that was an option when you do activate it. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    ComeToTX said:
    I am wondering about that too. I haven’t activated mine yet, but I was wondering if that was an option when you do activate it. 
    Didn't see an option on either weekend's wristband registration
  • tschav said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Didn't see an option on either weekend's wristband registration
    You are correct. I just registered mine and there wasn’t an option. I was hoping it would be available so I wouldn’t have to worry about messing around with a card or Apple Pay.