Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• If I could figure out how to update my original post, I would. But I can't, soooo.....
    Shuttle passes have been given away - sorry.  Enjoy!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Hi all,

My apologies if this has been asked already. Is there anywhere to park within walking distance to the venue/beach/entrance. We’re fine walking a couple of miles. Thanks in advance!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    mfc2006 said:
    Hi all,

My apologies if this has been asked already. Is there anywhere to park within walking distance to the venue/beach/entrance. We’re fine walking a couple of miles. Thanks in advance!
    Yes, just park in the Doheny lot. It does fill up quick in the morning but you can park further down the beach and they run shuttles up and down the lots to the festival entrance.
    kasedoug said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Hi all,

Yes, just park in the Doheny lot. It does fill up quick in the morning but you can park further down the beach and they run shuttles up and down the lots to the festival entrance.
    Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    mfc2006 said:
    Hi all,

Pm me..I know some places
    kasedoug said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Hi all,

Says no onsite parking on web this year
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    kasedoug said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Hi all,

kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Hi all,

Nope... no parking onsite per latest update. I'm trying to post screenshot. On a good day there is almost no onsite in the state beach lot anyway

• chittychitty Posts: 574
    Anyone staying at the DoubleTree Hilton at Dana Point? I assume alot of people. See you all there Thursday pool pre-festival party?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Hampton Inn Mission Viejo here.  Interested in understanding transportation.  Getting to the fest seems easy, getting back to the hotel, not so much. 
  • Anyone still waiting on wristbands? I’m trying to sell my W1 passes (face value) but still haven’t received them yet. Emails to frontgate go unanswered.
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    I just cancelled a room at beachfront inn and suites at Dana Point. If anyone looking it’s great location. I just decided to use my Hilton reservation instead 
  • Dumb newbie question.  Have never been to Ohana but considering grabbing tix off exchange.  I found a room in Laguna, are you able to just Uber to the venue or a drop off point?  All the shuttle talk is making me think otherwise.. thx!
  • ianh42ianh42 Posts: 193
    chitty said:
    Anyone staying at the DoubleTree Hilton at Dana Point? I assume alot of people. See you all there Thursday pool pre-festival party?
    We wish! We've been trying to get a room there since the shows were announced. No luck still. We've stayed there in years past and the location is so perfect. WE keep hoping for a canx to come up but it's not happening. We are like 20 miles away at some crappy hotel.
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
    For Barbato14
  • Thx!!!
    Barbato14 said:
    Thx!!!
    Anytime
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited September 2021
    If Uber/Lyft is anything like at SHN prepare to spend a lot. I waited until 2am and still ended up paying $107 to go 12 miles. The first 6 drivers canceled. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Oh wow - thx for the info.. that’s not ideal ha
    So pumped for this. We fly out tomorrow afternoon & can't wait!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ComeToTX said:
    If Uber/Lyft is anything like at SHN prepare to spend a lot. I waited until 2am and still ended up paying $107 to go 12 miles. The first 6 drivers canceled. 
    same
    lisalamb said:
    ComeToTX said:
    same
    Yeah at this moment, we have no idea how we are getting back to the hotel in Mission Viejo. Heard stories about SHN and really do not want to ended up stranded after Ohana.

• Get_Right said:
    lisalamb said:
    ComeToTX said:
    same
    Yeah at this moment, we have no idea how we are getting back to the hotel in Mission Viejo. Heard stories about SHN and really do not want to ended up stranded after Ohana.

It was nuts. I don't know how it usually is in California, but I've never not been able to get a ride. Uber, Lyft, all of the local taxi companies...there were just no drivers available.

My recommendation would be to schedule the ride back in advance, and don't balk at the price. It cost me ~$30 to get there, and ~$120 to get home. If I wouldn't have been so cheap, I would have had my $80 ride home in advance, and would have been in bed two hours before I actually left Asbury. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    mfc2006 said:
    safe travels

I leave on Thursday afternoon from NYC....Hoping work goes smooth prior, it never does before i go away....

Sea Here Now was a nice appetizer
    CROJAM95 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    safe travels

I leave on Thursday afternoon from NYC....Hoping work goes smooth prior, it never does before i go away....

Sea Here Now was a nice appetizer
    Thanks---same to you! 

People in the office are intentionally leaving me alone so I can wrap up some projects. I hope that continues until I leave tomorrow at 1pm.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    lisalamb said:
    Get_Right said:
    lisalamb said:
    ComeToTX said:
    same

It was nuts. I don't know how it usually is in California, but I've never not been able to get a ride. Uber, Lyft, all of the local taxi companies...there were just no drivers available.

My recommendation would be to schedule the ride back in advance, and don't balk at the price. It cost me ~$30 to get there, and ~$120 to get home. If I wouldn't have been so cheap, I would have had my $80 ride home in advance, and would have been in bed two hours before I actually left Asbury. 
    Schedule back with whom? Car service? Not worried about the price.
  • Get_Right said:
    lisalamb said:
    Get_Right said:
    lisalamb said:
    ComeToTX said:
    same

Schedule back with whom? Car service? Not worried about the price.
    For me, it would have been Lyft, but I believe Uber lets you schedule rides in advance too.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Need some parking advice... 

Staying in San Clemente with friends which is great but now they've moved the shuttle location. They live 7 miles from the fest site.
    Is there a likelihood of finding any parking nearish the beach in San Clemente. Happy to walk the 2 miles.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    I booked a hotel near the old shuttle stop (which was still listed as the shuttle stop on the ohana page at the time) so I have shuttle passes but am nowhere near it anymore. But I was wondering if  it is any easier to take the shuttle out of the festival then get an uber from the dropoff location instead of trying to get one on the festival site? Slightly less people trying to access all at once...