Capitol Riots 2

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    6 years isn’t enough 

he flipped though, prosecutors were quite pleased with the info given. now make the rest of them more of a lock for serious time.

reported a couple weeks ago the same group was going to target DeWine too. fbi didnt tell him when they learned of it.

fuckers met at a restaurant a few miles from my house......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    mickeyrat said:
    6 years isn’t enough 

he flipped though, prosecutors were quite pleased with the info given. now make the rest of them more of a lock for serious time.

reported a couple weeks ago the same group was going to target DeWine too. fbi didnt tell him when they learned of it.

was it a cracker barrel? sounds like a meeting that would happen at a cracker barrel.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    mickeyrat said:
    6 years isn’t enough 

was it a cracker barrel? sounds like a meeting that would happen at a cracker barrel.

no. upscale joint with a bar , at lunch time iirc.. j. liu
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    6 years isn’t enough 

I'm sorry. I know that Cracker Barrel has had its share of social issues, but there's no goddamn way someone would want to go through with such a plan after some of their chicken and dumplings.

Plus, these guys would still be so busy trying to outdo each other on the golf tee puzzle that they'd forget all about it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    6 years isn’t enough 

I'm sorry. I know that Cracker Barrel has had its share of social issues, but there's no goddamn way someone would want to go through with such a plan after some of their chicken and dumplings.

Plus, these guys would still be so busy trying to outdo each other on the golf tee puzzle that they'd forget all about it.

cracker barrel isnt suited for dublin, ohio.......

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    6 years isn’t enough 

Wait,  you don't go to Cracker Barrel after a round at Muirfield Village?
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    I hope they have enough evidence. 

Falling down,...not staying down
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    6 years isn’t enough 

Wait,  you don't go to Cracker Barrel after a round at Muirfield Village?

not driving to Hilliard or up to Sunbury for cracker barrel. thats a if you're driving by place not a destination spot....

Lt. Michael Byrd.......

https://news.yahoo.com/know-day-saved-countless-lives-001820644.html

"I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger," said Lt. Michael Byrd of Jan. 6.

Records rebut claims of unequal treatment of Jan. 6 rioters
    By ALANNA DURKIN RICHER, MICHAEL KUNZELMAN and JACQUES BILLEAUD
    Today

It's a common refrain from some of those charged in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol and their Republican allies: The Justice Department is treating them harshly because of their political views while those arrested during last year's protests over racial injustice were given leniency.

Court records tell a different story.

An Associated Press review of court documents in more than 300 federal cases stemming from the protests sparked by George Floyd’s death last year shows that dozens of people charged have been convicted of serious crimes and sent to prison.

The AP found that more than 120 defendants across the United States have pleaded guilty or were convicted at trial of federal crimes including rioting, arson and conspiracy. More than 70 defendants who've been sentenced so far have gotten an average of about 27 months behind bars. At least 10 received prison terms of five years or more.

The dissonance between the rhetoric of Capitol rioters and their supporters and the record established by courts highlights both the racial tension inherent in their arguments — the pro-Donald Trump rioters were largely white and last summer’s protesters were more diverse — and the flawed assessment at the heart of their claims.

“The property damage or accusations of arson and looting from last year, those were serious and they were dealt with seriously, but they weren't an attack on the very core constitutional processes that we rely on in a democracy, nor were they an attack on the United States Congress,” said Kent Greenfield, a professor at Boston College Law School.

To be sure, some defendants have received lenient deals.

At least 19 who have been sentenced across the country got no prison time or time served, according to the AP’s review. Many pleaded guilty to lower-level offenses, such as misdemeanor assault, but some were convicted of more serious charges, including civil disorder.

In Portland, Oregon — where demonstrations, many turning violent, occurred nightly for months after a white Minneapolis police officer killed Floyd — about 60 of the roughly 100 cases that were brought have been dismissed, court records show.

Most of those defendants received deferred resolution agreements, under which prosecutors promise to drop charges after a certain amount of time if the defendant stays out of trouble and completes things like community service. Some Jan. 6 defendants have complained it's unfair they aren't getting the same deals.

But President Joe Biden’s Justice Department has continued the vast majority of the racial injustice protest cases brought across the U.S. under Trump and has often pushed for lengthy prison time for people convicted of serious crimes. Since Biden took office in January, federal prosecutors have brought some new cases stemming from last year's protests.

continues....

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Arizona man who wore horns in riot pleads guilty to felony
    By JACQUES BILLEAUD
    1 hour ago

PHOENIX (AP) — An Arizona man who sported face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns when he joined the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 pleaded guilty Friday to a felony charge and wants to be released from jail while he awaits sentencing.

Jacob Chansley, who was widely photographed in the Senate chamber with a flagpole topped with a spear, could face 41 to 51 months in prison under sentencing guidelines, a prosecutor said. The man who called himself “QAnon Shaman” has been jailed for nearly eight months since his arrest.

Before entering the plea, Chansley was found by a judge to be mentally competent after having been transferred to a Colorado facility for a mental health evaluation. His lawyer Albert Watkins said the solitary confinement that Chansley faced for most of his time in jail has had an adverse effect on his mental health and that his time in Colorado helped him regain his sharpness.

“I am very appreciative for the court’s willingness to have my mental vulnerabilities examined,” Chansley said before pleading guilty to a charge of obstructing an official proceeding.

U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth is considering Chansley’s request to be released from jail while he awaits sentencing, which is set for Nov. 17.

continues....

mickeyrat said:
    Arizona man who wore horns in riot pleads guilty to felony
    By JACQUES BILLEAUD
    1 hour ago

PHOENIX (AP) — An Arizona man who sported face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns when he joined the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 pleaded guilty Friday to a felony charge and wants to be released from jail while he awaits sentencing.

Jacob Chansley, who was widely photographed in the Senate chamber with a flagpole topped with a spear, could face 41 to 51 months in prison under sentencing guidelines, a prosecutor said. The man who called himself “QAnon Shaman” has been jailed for nearly eight months since his arrest.

Before entering the plea, Chansley was found by a judge to be mentally competent after having been transferred to a Colorado facility for a mental health evaluation. His lawyer Albert Watkins said the solitary confinement that Chansley faced for most of his time in jail has had an adverse effect on his mental health and that his time in Colorado helped him regain his sharpness.

“I am very appreciative for the court’s willingness to have my mental vulnerabilities examined,” Chansley said before pleading guilty to a charge of obstructing an official proceeding.

U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth is considering Chansley’s request to be released from jail while he awaits sentencing, which is set for Nov. 17.

continues....

based on the way these plea deals have been going so far i am honestly surprised they did not let that jabroni out with just time served.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• So will there be another March to stop the steal? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • See the list of fools. Now, these are fools, real fools, not strawman fools. And dangerous fools. Very dangerous fools. Ignore them at your peril.

‘Fighting for my life’

In the months since the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, videos and investigations have underscored how violent it was.
    The attack broke windows and damaged offices in the Capitol building. Lawmakers and their staffs, fearing for their lives, tried to hide. The rioters beat and maced police officers, with prosecutors counting about 1,000 physical assaults. About 150 officers suffered injuries, and many are still coping with psychological trauma.

“I felt like I was fighting for my life,” one Capitol Police officer told The Times. “I can tell you, legitimately, I did not think I was going to make it home.”
    Yet even as the details of the attack have become clearer, the condemnation of it has become less widespread. Instead, a growing number of Republicans and their media allies have downplayed the riot. Some have begun to treat it as a heroic act.

Tomorrow, the valorization of Jan. 6 will come to Capitol Hill, when supporters of Donald Trump plan to hold a rally, called “Justice for J6,” to protest what they call the unfair treatment of people arrested in connection with the attack. The rally is likely to be large enough that the police have reinstalled fencing around the Capitol to protect it, and officials have warned lawmakers and their aides to avoid the area on Saturday.

We’re devoting a section of today’s newsletter — below — to a list of high-profile defenses and celebrations of the Jan. 6 attack.

Trump has played a central role in changing the Republican narrative about that day. He has falsely claimed that the rioters presented “zero threat” and were “hugging and kissing the police and the guards.” He released a statement yesterday saying, “Our hearts and minds are with the people being persecuted so unfairly relating to the January 6th protest concerning the Rigged Presidential Election.”

As New York magazine’s Jonathan Chait has written, Trump “has slowly turned January 6 from a black mark that threatened to expunge him from Republican politics, to a regrettable episode that his allies preferred to leave behind, to a glorious uprising behind which he could rally his adherents.”

There are still some Republicans who describe the riot as a violent attack on democracy. (One of them, Representative Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio, said yesterday he would not run for re-election.) But they often do so subtly, knowing that a full denunciation risks isolation from the party, as has happened to Representative Liz Cheney of Wyoming. Many congressional Republicans have tried to distance themselves from tomorrow’s rally without condemning it.

One of the strongest condemnations — but still an indirect one — has come from former President George W. Bush. In a speech this past weekend, he seemed to compare the Jan. 6 rioters to the Sept. 11 terrorists. “There is little cultural overlap between violent extremists abroad and violent extremists at home,” Bush said. “But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols, they are children of the same foul spirit, and it is our continuing duty to confront them.”

The main message from elected Republicans and high-profile conservative commentators is very different, and it seems to be influencing voters. During the week after the attack, 80 percent of Republicans said they opposed it, according to a Washington Post poll. By the summer, many attitudes had changed. More than half of Trump voters described the events of Jan. 6 as “patriotism” and “defending freedom,” according to a CBS News/YouGov poll in July.

And a CNN poll this month found that 78 percent of Republicans believed that the election was stolen from Trump — which was the original false rationale for the Jan. 6 rally that turned into the attack.

The list

Representative Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina cast those arrested after the riot as “political prisoners” and suggested he wanted to “try and bust them out.”

Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin described the attackers as “people that love this country, that truly respect law enforcement.”

Senate Republicans blocked Congress from creating an independent commission to investigate the attack. Senator Mitch McConnell called it a partisan effort “to debate things that occurred in the past.”

Tucker Carlson of Fox News described the death of Ashli Babbitt — whom a police officer fatally shot as she tried to force her way through a barricade protecting members of Congress — as an execution, and asked whether federal officials are “now allowed to kill unarmed women who protest the regime.”

J.D. Vance, a best-selling author and Republican Senate candidate in Ohio, said that there were “some bad apples” but that “most of the people there were actually super peaceful.”

Julie Kelly of the journal American Greatness suggested Michael Fanone — a Washington police officer who suffered a heart attack and a brain injury during the attack — was lying about it, and called him a “crisis actor.”

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia said on the House floor, “The people who breached the Capitol on Jan. 6 are being abused.”

Representative Paul Gosar of Arizona accused law enforcement of “harassing peaceful patriots” and “law-abiding U.S. citizens.”

Representative Jody Hice of Georgia said, “It was Trump supporters who lost their lives that day, not Trump supporters who were taking the lives of others.”

Four Republican House members staged actions at the Justice Department and a D.C. jail demanding information about the treatment of Jan. 6 defendants. One of them, Gosar, said the defendants were being “persecuted.”

Laura Ingraham claimed on Fox News that many other protests last year “were far worse than this.”

Carlson, Greene and Candace Owens, a conservative commentator, have all suggested that the F.B.I. or Justice Department was behind the riot.

Joe Kent — a Washington State Republican running with Trump’s endorsement against one of the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump over Jan. 6 — plans to attend tomorrow’s rally, The Times reports.

Related: “The rally is the latest effort in the right’s ongoing attempt to rewrite the history” of Jan. 6, The Times’s Alan Feuer writes. “Here is what the facts say.”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    See the list of fools. Now, these are fools, real fools, not strawman fools. And dangerous fools. Very dangerous fools. Ignore them at your peril.

‘Fighting for my life’

In the months since the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, videos and investigations have underscored how violent it was.
    The attack broke windows and damaged offices in the Capitol building. Lawmakers and their staffs, fearing for their lives, tried to hide. The rioters beat and maced police officers, with prosecutors counting about 1,000 physical assaults. About 150 officers suffered injuries, and many are still coping with psychological trauma.

“I felt like I was fighting for my life,” one Capitol Police officer told The Times. “I can tell you, legitimately, I did not think I was going to make it home.”
    Yet even as the details of the attack have become clearer, the condemnation of it has become less widespread. Instead, a growing number of Republicans and their media allies have downplayed the riot. Some have begun to treat it as a heroic act.

Tomorrow, the valorization of Jan. 6 will come to Capitol Hill, when supporters of Donald Trump plan to hold a rally, called “Justice for J6,” to protest what they call the unfair treatment of people arrested in connection with the attack. The rally is likely to be large enough that the police have reinstalled fencing around the Capitol to protect it, and officials have warned lawmakers and their aides to avoid the area on Saturday.

We’re devoting a section of today’s newsletter — below — to a list of high-profile defenses and celebrations of the Jan. 6 attack.

Trump has played a central role in changing the Republican narrative about that day. He has falsely claimed that the rioters presented “zero threat” and were “hugging and kissing the police and the guards.” He released a statement yesterday saying, “Our hearts and minds are with the people being persecuted so unfairly relating to the January 6th protest concerning the Rigged Presidential Election.”

As New York magazine’s Jonathan Chait has written, Trump “has slowly turned January 6 from a black mark that threatened to expunge him from Republican politics, to a regrettable episode that his allies preferred to leave behind, to a glorious uprising behind which he could rally his adherents.”

There are still some Republicans who describe the riot as a violent attack on democracy. (One of them, Representative Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio, said yesterday he would not run for re-election.) But they often do so subtly, knowing that a full denunciation risks isolation from the party, as has happened to Representative Liz Cheney of Wyoming. Many congressional Republicans have tried to distance themselves from tomorrow’s rally without condemning it.

One of the strongest condemnations — but still an indirect one — has come from former President George W. Bush. In a speech this past weekend, he seemed to compare the Jan. 6 rioters to the Sept. 11 terrorists. “There is little cultural overlap between violent extremists abroad and violent extremists at home,” Bush said. “But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols, they are children of the same foul spirit, and it is our continuing duty to confront them.”

The main message from elected Republicans and high-profile conservative commentators is very different, and it seems to be influencing voters. During the week after the attack, 80 percent of Republicans said they opposed it, according to a Washington Post poll. By the summer, many attitudes had changed. More than half of Trump voters described the events of Jan. 6 as “patriotism” and “defending freedom,” according to a CBS News/YouGov poll in July.

And a CNN poll this month found that 78 percent of Republicans believed that the election was stolen from Trump — which was the original false rationale for the Jan. 6 rally that turned into the attack.

The list

Representative Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina cast those arrested after the riot as “political prisoners” and suggested he wanted to “try and bust them out.”

Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin described the attackers as “people that love this country, that truly respect law enforcement.”

Senate Republicans blocked Congress from creating an independent commission to investigate the attack. Senator Mitch McConnell called it a partisan effort “to debate things that occurred in the past.”

Tucker Carlson of Fox News described the death of Ashli Babbitt — whom a police officer fatally shot as she tried to force her way through a barricade protecting members of Congress — as an execution, and asked whether federal officials are “now allowed to kill unarmed women who protest the regime.”

J.D. Vance, a best-selling author and Republican Senate candidate in Ohio, said that there were “some bad apples” but that “most of the people there were actually super peaceful.”

Julie Kelly of the journal American Greatness suggested Michael Fanone — a Washington police officer who suffered a heart attack and a brain injury during the attack — was lying about it, and called him a “crisis actor.”

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia said on the House floor, “The people who breached the Capitol on Jan. 6 are being abused.”

Representative Paul Gosar of Arizona accused law enforcement of “harassing peaceful patriots” and “law-abiding U.S. citizens.”

Representative Jody Hice of Georgia said, “It was Trump supporters who lost their lives that day, not Trump supporters who were taking the lives of others.”

Four Republican House members staged actions at the Justice Department and a D.C. jail demanding information about the treatment of Jan. 6 defendants. One of them, Gosar, said the defendants were being “persecuted.”

Laura Ingraham claimed on Fox News that many other protests last year “were far worse than this.”

Carlson, Greene and Candace Owens, a conservative commentator, have all suggested that the F.B.I. or Justice Department was behind the riot.

Joe Kent — a Washington State Republican running with Trump’s endorsement against one of the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump over Jan. 6 — plans to attend tomorrow’s rally, The Times reports.

Related: “The rally is the latest effort in the right’s ongoing attempt to rewrite the history” of Jan. 6, The Times’s Alan Feuer writes. “Here is what the facts say.”

“Tools,” even…?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    See the list of fools. Now, these are fools, real fools, not strawman fools. And dangerous fools. Very dangerous fools. Ignore them at your peril.

‘Fighting for my life’

The list

“Tools,” even…?
    Tools of POOTWH, for sure.

Brilliantati©
  • https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/oath-keeper-pleads-guilty-jan-riot-cooperate-80044717

Oath keeper Pleads guilty to conspiracy and obstruction.  He will get 5 to 6-1/2 years.  He has also agreed to cooperate.  That is a hefty sentence and still want to help and testify.  I wonder if they will knock it down to probation?

Also there is a planned rally this weekend to support the arrested from Jan 6th.

I can't imagine it being the shit show it was on 1/6 but will be interesting to see what happens and who is there.
  • https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/oath-keeper-pleads-guilty-jan-riot-cooperate-80044717

Oath keeper Pleads guilty to conspiracy and obstruction.  He will get 5 to 6-1/2 years.  He has also agreed to cooperate.  That is a hefty sentence and still want to help and testify.  I wonder if they will knock it down to probation?

Also there is a planned rally this weekend to support the arrested from Jan 6th.

I can't imagine it being the shit show it was on 1/6 but will be interesting to see what happens and who is there.
    Deplorable’s! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Baby shaman in the house. Capitol Riots 2, indeed.

is this insurrection 2: electric boogaloo?

sounds like only a few hundred people showed up. 

they really owned the libs and law enforcement today.

• sounds like only a few hundred people showed up. 

they really owned the libs and law enforcement today.
    And showed their overwhelming support for the J6 political prisoners. Any fiscal conservatives know what the security measures cost us taxpayers?

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    and tomorrow the narrative on the right is going to be "look at the overreaction from the libs and all the money they wasted!". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

lol they convinced themselves that it was a false flag and that the feds were going to show up as protesters and arrest all of them. the mental gymnastics are astounding.

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Lol, there was more media there than protesters!
    Pretty sure I had to coach my daughter’s hockey team yesterday because her head coach made the trip down for this. 

I wish she didn’t like hockey so much. Too many fucking knuckledraggers who have too much influence on her development. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NPR just did an article on the riots.  They had a journalist already doing a piece on the far right.  They wanted to see how many far right people were among the J6 crowds and to their astonishment they were normal everyday people with a lot to lose and not a bunch of crazy right wingers.

Interesting listen.

They concluded that the riots were normal Americans for the most part and not entirely made up of fringe groups.
  • What are they hiding? What are they afraid of? If it was all a peaceful tourist visit?

So far, more than 650 people have been charged with crimes in connection with the violent demonstrations that delayed that vote. Many were charged with obstructing a federal procedure and for knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building. Documents and testimony could show whether White House officials and members of Congress encouraged or supported those actions, congressional staffers said.

White House documents requested by the panel are identified by National Archives personnel and then sent to Biden and Trump lawyers. The first tranche was sent out Aug. 31, according to a person familiar with the transfer.

Trump has 30 days following the delivery of the documents to decide whether to object to their release, according to the statute. Even if he opposes turning them over, the Biden White House has decision-making authority and can release them, over Trump’s objections, after an additional 60 days has elapsed. Trump’s remaining option would be to go to court to try to halt the release, legal advisers said.

Biden, Trump headed to executive privilege showdown over Jan. 6 information - The Washington Post

Brilliantati©
  • What are they hiding? What are they afraid of? If it was all a peaceful tourist visit?

So far, more than 650 people have been charged with crimes in connection with the violent demonstrations that delayed that vote. Many were charged with obstructing a federal procedure and for knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building. Documents and testimony could show whether White House officials and members of Congress encouraged or supported those actions, congressional staffers said.

White House documents requested by the panel are identified by National Archives personnel and then sent to Biden and Trump lawyers. The first tranche was sent out Aug. 31, according to a person familiar with the transfer.

Trump has 30 days following the delivery of the documents to decide whether to object to their release, according to the statute. Even if he opposes turning them over, the Biden White House has decision-making authority and can release them, over Trump’s objections, after an additional 60 days has elapsed. Trump’s remaining option would be to go to court to try to halt the release, legal advisers said.

Biden, Trump headed to executive privilege showdown over Jan. 6 information - The Washington Post

So if there is actual credible information is these documents, why, would they not be used?