NEVER AGAIN?

12345679»

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:
    pthomn said:
    getting old sucks
    Yeah I definitely think that is a big part of it.  Also the combination of a big crowd, the pain in the ass parking, the long lines for everything and being in a GA crowd for the first time all adds to it.   I said to my wife last night, "how sad is it that I'm actually looking forward to shn being over."  She agreed with me.  

Hopefully I'll be more fired up with for the Spring arena tour.  
    Big crowd.  Pain in the ass parking.  Long lines.  GA crowd.  Holy shit -- these are all things I'm looking forward to!  They scream of "normalcy."  I am so excited for Ohana and Ohana Encore.  Cannot wait.  Vaccinated now for 7 months, happy to wear a mask, LONGING for live PJ.  CANNOT WAIT.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Political talk 🤣🤣🤣
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dankind said:
    tish said:
    PJNB said:
    My wife had to pump after the Wrigley 18 show. Was even worse due to the delay. I still remember waiting outside one of the bathrooms after the show while she was in there and the guard came around and told me I had to leave. I explained that my wife was in the bathroom pumping breast milk and he gave the ole eyebrows raised too much info look, spun right around and walked away lol. 

Hopefully she will NEVER AGAIN have to go through that lol. 
    Funny story,  electric pump in university bathroom. Trust me, nobody assumes I'm in there with the buzzing sound taking care of the boobies.

Let's just say after that PJ show I took a long, hot bath and fondled my breasts for quite some time 😉 
    @OffSheGoes35 Know what I’m thinking…?
    ...Gross?
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    dankind said:
    tish said:
    PJNB said:
    My wife had to pump after the Wrigley 18 show. Was even worse due to the delay. I still remember waiting outside one of the bathrooms after the show while she was in there and the guard came around and told me I had to leave. I explained that my wife was in the bathroom pumping breast milk and he gave the ole eyebrows raised too much info look, spun right around and walked away lol. 

Funny story,  electric pump in university bathroom. Trust me, nobody assumes I'm in there with the buzzing sound taking care of the boobies.

Let's just say after that PJ show I took a long, hot bath and fondled my breasts for quite some time 😉 
    @OffSheGoes35 Know what I’m thinking…?

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    I've come back to offer my sincerest apologies and mea culpa for my previous posts in this thread, especially any gripes I had with the Boston '18 shows. Went to see the Foos last night, first concert for me in a year and a half. It was a solid show, 16 songs over about 2 hours. When I left though I just kept thinking that nothing compares to a PJ show, not even close. Bring on those rescheduled dates next spring!!
  • mbowersmbowers Posts: 109
    It cracks me up that this thread about not being pumped up for shows has only served to pump people up for shows
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    tish said:
    PJNB said:

oh MY
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,789
    mbowers said:
    It cracks me up that this thread about not being pumped up for shows has only served to pump people up for shows
    My bad, I thought this thread was about pumping breast milk.   
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Last 2 posts made me laugh so hard, breast milk shot out of my boobs! And I'm not even lactating....

But to bring it back to the other kind of pumped up, yes, pumped up for my next PJ show too, Hans & Franz are not needed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mk1nykjnYA

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,139
    This thread is uncharted waters people. 
    www.cluthelee.com

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730

Hard to argue.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,742
    No need to question why nothing lasts
  • Okay, I am starting to get excited for the show.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,731
    Okay, I am starting to get excited for the show.
    Fuck ya! Enjoy it man!

The uncertainty of shows happening or not kills they hype a bit. A day out? Lets go! 
  • PJNB said:
    Okay, I am starting to get excited for the show.
    Fuck ya! Enjoy it man!

The uncertainty of shows happening or not kills they hype a bit. A day out? Lets go! 
    For me this was a big part of it... I didn't want to deal with the anxiety of whether or not it might happen.

I'm both happy for and also jealous of you folks getting to the shows... IDK how comfortable I would be going into a crowd right now but I know once the band hit the stage I would completely lose myself in the moment. 

Enjoy & be safe, everyone. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,763
    Just going to say this for people who are fearful of going into crowds.  There have been tours going on snaking the country since July.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    PB11041 said:
    Just going to say this for people who are fearful of going into crowds.  There have been tours going on snaking the country since July.  
    There has also been a massive Delta variant outbreak all summer, and many of us have at-risk people in our lives who are more important than any concert. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    There has also been a massive Delta variant outbreak all summer, and many of us have at-risk people in our lives who are more important than any concert. 
    This
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,362
    I initially didn't get tickets due to covid fears, but I was hoping id be able to audible and go last minute. Had a talk with my mom and she was vaccinated 8 months ago. My brother still lives there and he's who I would go with. This will be the first Pearl Jam show in the tri state area I've ever missed (30 years) after over 100 PJ shows.

I hope you all have a great time. The risk/reward just isn't there for me.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,362
    If anyone finds a way to watch or listen to this tomorrow, PLEASE PM me.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,139
    PB11041 said:
    and that doesn't make it any easier for high risk folks like me. I love live shows and there are so many passing through near where I live, or where I live that I will miss because of that. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,742
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    You are not alone. Hard to sit and watch others rock, but well said. I hope that those that go have fun and are safe. I will get back to live music someday.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,110
    dealing with large crowds, inconsiderate fans, expensive tickets/travel, getting older become much more complicated during a pandemic and even in a post pandemic world. And things like being able to shrug off someone sneezing inches from my face will be much tougher than it used to be. 

But being in the same space and having my skin vibrate with the sound generated by talented musicians like PJ is magical.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    yeah, honestly, if this was in canada, I'd have a hard time not going. But my anxiety would have a fucking field day with me for two weeks after. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD