NEVER AGAIN?

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    dankind said:

+

=

Great juxtaposition, Dboy.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I would get super excited to see PJ again since it's been since 2009, but unfortunately I live in a place they rarely play (Texas). They haven't played a proper show here since 2013 and usually when they come, it's for ACL and while I enjoy ACL, it is a festival which precludes a greatest hits setlist and I can't get anywhere near close enough to enjoy the show as I would like. I'm not one to camp out in line to get in the front and stay there the whole day.

I agree that Eddie talks too much now, but I feel it's probably so he and the band can take a breather. I agree with his politics so that doesn't bother me but he tends to ramble and it stops the energy of the show.

The setlist aren't as varied as they used to be and they play way too many covers, many of the same ones they've played for decades. 

But despite those things, I don't get the opportunity to see them at all so I would look forward to a proper show in Texas this decade.
    That’s about the norm. Unless you live near their stadium stops like Fenway or Wrigley, it’s been since 2013/2014.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Ohio is the 7th most populated state in the country and has had 1 show in the last 11 years 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Ohio is the 7th most populated state in the country and has had 1 show in the last 11 years 
    But isn’t that true with almost every state that wasn’t part of the 2018/16 stadium tour or festivals? 
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I wasn’t planning to go to SHN until a short time ago. An old Pearl Jam buddy from MA (I am in CT) and I texted about it.  He was going and a friend of his had a spare to sell.  He offered to drive and I decided to go.  I am excited to see them again.  It will be my 100th time seeing Pearl Jam.  A music friend from NJ and his wife are seeing their first PJ show.  I am excited for them too.  As for merch...I am not the biggest collector but have bought my share of PJ merch.  Not once have I missed any PJ music because I was in a merch line.  I don’t understand anyone who would do that.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    mace1229 said:
    But isn’t that true with almost every state that wasn’t part of the 2018/16 stadium tour or festivals? 
    I saw arena 2 shows in South Carolina in 2016. Gotta be the most arena shows per capita leader.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited September 2021
    Saw them a ton up until 2003.  

Had to miss them in 2010 even tho they were 3 miles away.   Then Ed cancelled in 2011 (arm injury) and it didnt get rescheduled.  Then happily missed them in 2013 when they were back in town (newborn).  

Went to ACL in 2014 and only stayed for a couple of tunes.  So really its somehow been 18 yrs since my last true PJ show.  That is mindblowing having just realized this typing it out. :lol:

life takes over man.  Im still here everyday tho and buying merch! LOL
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    edited September 2021
    JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    Tickets are not $130+
    $120+ and that was for shows that went onsale before the pandemic. The next time they tour who knows?
    Inflation anyone. My dads house cost $30,000 in 1979. Seriously a Taco Bell taco was $0.49 30 years ago. People that complain about concert prices aren’t paying attention to anything else. $4.25 min wage in 1996 wage is now $12.50. That’s about on pace with $30-$40 concert tickets 
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    Tickets are not $130+
    $120+ and that was for shows that went onsale before the pandemic. The next time they tour who knows?
    Inflation anyone. My dads house cost $30,000 in 1979. Seriously a Taco Bell taco was $0.49 30 years ago. People that complain about concert prices aren’t paying attention to anything else. $4.25 min wage in 1996 wage is now $12.50. That’s about on pace with $30-$40 concert tickets 
    Some places minimum wage is $7.25
    I miss igotid88
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    god I'll be pumped when they re-announce the Ottawa show. But this will only be my sixth PJ show, unlike most of you freaks who have 5-10 times that amount, and some cases more. Haven't seen them since 2014. 

I wonder if that's part of it? some of you have had your fill? I mean, what more can the band do for people who have seen that many shows? it's nearly impossible to get a "white whale" or anything  you haven't seen before at this point, especially with how big they are; they can't exactly break out Falling Down unless they want to hear a pin drop. 

is it also the covid situation in the US dragging it down? I mean, here, every event has to be fully vaxxed only, even outdoors. 30,000+ people at a Bomber game all fully vaxxed, while still makes me slightly nervous, does add a layer of protection. not sure what Ontario will do, and if that will factor into if/when PJ reschedule those dates. 

I bought tickets to see Jerry Cantrell in March at the Moore theatre. If I can't go for whatever reason, I'll sell. But when that came up I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see him at that venue. Never been to Seattle. Hopefully shit calms down by then. we'll see. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited September 2021
    2016 felt special to me

2018 did not (still enjoyed it- just not nearly as much) 

For Sea Hear Now, give me all the Gigaton I can get!!!
    Kinda same feelings but swap SHN with Ohana.

2016 was a welcome makeup for only having one Wrigley show in 2013

2018 Home Show theme was the perfect excuse for a PJ-themed trip to Seattle (concerts, MoPop, London Bridge Studio, etc.)

2020 was perfect for getting back to arena shows, with less hype for limited stops and the FOMO if I missed a stop or two. And for that matter, spring and possible fall dates to spread out the fun.

I'll gladly hit up Ohana and hear whatever new music (Gigaton/Flag Day) they decide to play, but hope to see a long arena tour that helps more people see them without the big event costs (hotels, flights, etc). 
    Post edited by tschav on
  • I saw 5 shows in 2018. It was the first time I saw them outside the United States. 

Padova - good show
    Rome - special show, instant classic
    Chitown 1 - good show
    Bos 1 - good show
    Bos 2 - good show

It was immediately apparent that Rome was special as soon as it ended. The band obviously felt the same way bc they released it as part of the live concert series on nugs. 

Rome led me to believe that Wrigley and Fenway could have a similar outcome. Sadly it just wasn't to be. 

If you think they lost something, they didn't. 

Rome was transcendent. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Can't speak for anyone else but I'm dreading being back in big crowds. 
    I wonder if the band has similar reservations, hence the lack of excitement / hype surrounding these pending shows. 
    I wouldn't be surprised. There still seems to be no rhyme nor reason to which show goes forward vs which festival gets cancelled. It's hard to know what the right approach is. I don't have Pearl Jam tickets but we are going to Farm Aid down in Hartford in two weeks. Neil Young pulled out and it really has been a struggle to get excited. 
    The right approach is to get vaccinated, and if your immune system is fine, then don't worry about it especially when it's outside. Enjoy yourself.

• Come to Send
    Not condescend 
    Transcendent 
    To consequence
    Is to transcend 
    Where we are
    Who are we?
    Who we are
    edited September 2021
    god I'll be pumped when they re-announce the Ottawa show. But this will only be my sixth PJ show, unlike most of you freaks who have 5-10 times that amount, and some cases more. Haven't seen them since 2014. 

I wonder if that's part of it? some of you have had your fill? I mean, what more can the band do for people who have seen that many shows? it's nearly impossible to get a "white whale" or anything  you haven't seen before at this point, especially with how big they are; they can't exactly break out Falling Down unless they want to hear a pin drop. 

is it also the covid situation in the US dragging it down? I mean, here, every event has to be fully vaxxed only, even outdoors. 30,000+ people at a Bomber game all fully vaxxed, while still makes me slightly nervous, does add a layer of protection. not sure what Ontario will do, and if that will factor into if/when PJ reschedule those dates. 

I bought tickets to see Jerry Cantrell in March at the Moore theatre. If I can't go for whatever reason, I'll sell. But when that came up I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see him at that venue. Never been to Seattle. Hopefully shit calms down by then. we'll see. 
    I think you’re absolutely right about having our fill.  Personally that has something to do with it.  At a certain point, what more can they do? 

I think that’s the whole basis of a lot of people’s thoughts on here.  No ones saying they won’t go anymore or that the band isn’t good anymore, not by any stretch.

But I think the lack of deviation from the main course in the last 5-10 years has some of us crazies going “man what are we doing?!” Especially with the current costs of everything in this world 
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    I'm hanging in there for the pearl jam x star wars collab merch. Looking forward to Boba Vedder, not a rocket launcher but a ukulele. 

Sorry, just lightening the mood. Carry on. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

I read the thread and have some thoughts about all this

first im far from done to see the band live..thats the only thing i care about actually..
    i dont care that much  if they speak about american politics,or sell some cool merch or have some contest or if eddie made a statement or stone went for a swim in the lake ..i have no inteest in those things than music and see the band live

the thing is we have a unique situation now with the pandemic and we all can see that this shitty virus brought the worst  out of the people..anxiety,fear,change ur way of life depression,loneliness,agressive reaction to all,devine to we and the others .and tons of weird shit so we are all in a situation like a toldler and try to do ur first steps.

that happens to all bands and especially to people work for them that needs to still make money somehow..
    and all went up as come to cost of life..transopration and accomodation is up double now..i rebook all my hotels for 2022 tour at same hotels and its 700 euros more expensive total than the 2021 booking...
    flights are even worst..

as for concert ticket,,well u gonna see the best live band of all times..so..its worth it..
    problem isnt for me the ticket prices,,but the low income we have in my country..and what its a struggle to afford is flights and hotel cost.,and not the concert  ticket,.

as for the fans..well u need to pick the right people to hung out,,and u will have a blast..
    entitled  fans its easy deal for me,,i just ignore them and never read what they say or interuct with them.

as for politics,im always in when the band talks about human rights,abortion,equality,help the people in need ,charities etc.
    when they come to democrats and republicants and all this usa politics,i dont giive a fuck ,,probably my views are more in the democrats side in usa ,but i dont care to listen about it or who to vote and all the blah blah ..means really nothing to me and my life..thats one of the reasons i prefer to see the band live in other places and not in usa ..cos the whole usa politics on stage in othwer places  is minimum to zero ..

i wish i could make it to ohana cos its special the whole is planned but cant travel cos not allowed for us to enter usa now.

hope next year all is safe and 2022 europe happens,,i have  tickets for 15 shows 

stay safe everyone,,and dont take so seriously  spome  things..
    cos life prove us with this pandemic that there are away more important stuff in life like health than what a rock band does.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    Matts3221 said:
    Zod said:
    Out of context, what concerts would go you go see?

I found PJ tickets were still on the cheaper end compared to their peers (Veteran rock acts who can sell out Arena/Stadiums).   The whole industry (prior to Covid) was experience skyrocketing ticket costs.   PJ's prices went up, but not near as much as some other bands.  What I paid to see GNR and the Stones was ludicrous :)

PJ are the only band i'd go see in an arena/stadium. I don't know why i give them a pass but i wouldn't see anyone else somewhere that holds more than maybe 2000-3000 people. i want to SEE the band, not a sea of people. 

Same , I would never want to see a band in a Boston venue any larger than House Of Blues and I would prefer something smaller like The Sinclair , Middle East Downstairs or Paradise. I give PJ a pass on those but they are the only band I do that with.
    exactly. mid east downstairs? i want to see pj UPstairs haha. i'm in full agreement though. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    I'm hanging in there for the pearl jam x star wars collab merch. Looking forward to Boba Vedder, not a rocket launcher but a ukulele. 

Baby Vedder, perhaps?
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    If this were like the 4th tour on Lightning Bolt, I could see not being overly excited. But how can you not be jacked up for new material? Hearing the Gigaton songs live will make me appreciate the album even more. Unfortunately, I am not going to either Ohana or SHN but I can't wait to hear the boots and watch YT clips.  

I do understand some of the burnout in prior years though. Leaving Fenway 2 in 2018 was the first time I found myself saying to my wife, "I don't think I need to hit both shows next time around. One might be enough".  Like others said, the money, parking, hotels, and other headaches add up. I could not care any less about merchandise. 

I am still holding onto tix for MSG and cannot wait to hear and see our band on that stage again. 
    If this were like the 4th tour on Lightning Bolt, I could see not being overly excited. But how can you not be jacked up for new material? Hearing the Gigaton songs live will make me appreciate the album even more. Unfortunately, I am not going to either Ohana or SHN but I can't wait to hear the boots and watch YT clips.  

I do understand some of the burnout in prior years though. Leaving Fenway 2 in 2018 was the first time I found myself saying to my wife, "I don't think I need to hit both shows next time around. One might be enough".  Like others said, the money, parking, hotels, and other headaches add up. I could not care any less about merchandise. 

I am still holding onto tix for MSG and cannot wait to hear and see our band on that stage again. 
    I’m definitely burnt out over the baseball parks

Wrigley 2013 was epic and special even with the weather
    Wrigley 2016 was fine
    I didn’t bother going for tickets to Wrigley 2018
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 204
    Everyone here sums up my feelings really well. I think it's just been such a long time (3 years) and it's been over ten years since they've followed their traditional schedule of releasing an album every 3 years or so along with a decent sized tour. I know I'll get excited again once they actually announce the spring 2022 shows, it's hard to get excited about anything when there has been radio silence.

With two busy kids now it's also hard to justify traveling to shows, and it feels like most of the shows in the US the last 5 years have been "events." I'm looking forward to just a standard arena tour where I can just go see a good show and not have it be a whole event.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    I had a great time at Fenway 18. Fantastic weekend. However I didn’t go to any prior baseball stadium shows.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    kaw753 said:

Baby Vedder, perhaps?
    I guess Darth Vedder was too obvious……. Sorry, I will hang up and listen……as you were. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    D-Rod said:
    kaw753 said:

Baby Vedder, perhaps?
    I guess Darth Vedder was too obvious……. Sorry, I will hang up and listen……as you were. 
    Hilarious. Keep em coming. We could start a thread pushing for this collab. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    I had a great time at Fenway 18. Fantastic weekend. However I didn’t go to any prior baseball stadium shows.
    Fenway 18 was fantastic imo. The thing is though they "only" played for 2hrs 35mins and coming off of Fenway 2 2016 there was a lot of hype to live up to. Coming on late and the curfew being known made a lot of people antsy before the show started I think. 

For me I am traveling no matter what shows I go to. Anyone that lives in a major city and does not need to travel definitely has a different viewpoint than I would. Also these shows being festivals definitely play into the excitement factor for lots of people. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941

I’m definitely burnt out over the baseball parks

Wrigley 2013 was epic and special even with the weather
    Wrigley 2016 was fine
    I didn’t bother going for tickets to Wrigley 2018

I went on this stretch of many shows being Stadium shows Pearl Jam at Wrigley in '16, GNR at Centurylink Field in seattle in '16, Pearl Jam at Safeco Field in '18, etc.. then we went to the Foo Fighters in Vancouver at a regular 'ole hockey arena.   It felt like paradise :)  Never has an arena felt so small an intimate to me.  Barely any lineups for anything, wasn't so crowded.  I couldn't believe I'd forgotten what an Arena show feels like.

I'm very much looking forward to the two Oakland shows I hold tickets for because it's been a long while since I've seen PJ play an Arena.  2013 I think.   With big rock bands getting further and fewer between, and ticket demand getting higher for the remaining ones, it's such a luxury to go an Arena show ;)
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    MayDay10 said:
    vedpunk said:
    vedpunk said:
    I am super pumped to see the band live again.  I'm not so jaded and entitled to know that seeing a band play a new album worth of songs and a different setlist every night at a high level is a unique and incredible experience.  Some of you probably need to move on and watch your YouTube videos in the comfy confines of your leather recliner.  This is not for you (anymore).
    People and situations change and evolve. doesn't mean they are "jaded and entitled". 
    Wrong, people complaining about having to hear the same 10-15 songs out of a 30 song setlist from night to night are entitled and people complaining about having to park and walk to the venue and pay (less than all other major acts) are jaded. 

I'm actually excited to know we will be losing the unenthusiastic, jaded people that make concerts dull and the remaining audience will make for a better show. 
    Deciding what other people are and are not, sounds awfully entitled. 
    Honestly, these kind of fans kind of kill the experience too, and we have a lot of them in this fanbase.  The same way overly toxic fans can ruin the experience, where you wonder why they are even engaging if they just always hate every single thing (we have those too).

The ones who say everything is always perfect, and paint every single naysayer with a broad brush of strawmen.  As if Eddie Vedder himself is monitoring the comments and will bestow great appreciation on those who act like the biggest fans.

I think there are a lot of valid points here, and some interesting thoughts/dialog about getting older, not liking the experience and how it has evolved/changed, the fact that band members themselves seem to be less invested in the band and playing live than in the past which rubs off on some fans, pandemic/crowd anxiety, long merch lines during the shows (dont think that bothers me personally), etc.  Maybe you don't agree with some of them, but I hardly think it overly reeks of being 'entitled'.  People are just sharing their thoughts.  In such a period of inactivity, albeit the past 1.5 years forced due to the pandemic, it is natural for a lot of fans to disengage from the band a bit.  

While I am among those who feel a bit disengaged, Im happy for people who have been jamming out to bootlegs the past few years and are excited to be attending upcoming show(s).  Thats great!
    Well said.  I'll always go see PJ when they come to Chicago and will make an effort to go on the road and see a few shows when they tour, but all the other nonsense the past few years has been a bit off-putting.  The merch insanity (variants of toys, really???) combined with the move towards more stadium shows/festivals has definitely tempered the usual excitement towards the band.  They'll always be my favorite band, but that same passion has definitely been waning.  Part of it is definitely getting older and priorities changing.  And the other part is their seeming lack of interest in just getting out there and playing shows.  Kinda forgot that I still have tix to Baltimore and St. Louis.....
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    MayDay10 said:
    vedpunk said:
    vedpunk said:
    I am super pumped to see the band live again.  I'm not so jaded and entitled to know that seeing a band play a new album worth of songs and a different setlist every night at a high level is a unique and incredible experience.  Some of you probably need to move on and watch your YouTube videos in the comfy confines of your leather recliner.  This is not for you (anymore).
    People and situations change and evolve. doesn't mean they are "jaded and entitled". 
    Wrong, people complaining about having to hear the same 10-15 songs out of a 30 song setlist from night to night are entitled and people complaining about having to park and walk to the venue and pay (less than all other major acts) are jaded. 

I'm actually excited to know we will be losing the unenthusiastic, jaded people that make concerts dull and the remaining audience will make for a better show. 
    Deciding what other people are and are not, sounds awfully entitled. 
    Honestly, these kind of fans kind of kill the experience too, and we have a lot of them in this fanbase.  The same way overly toxic fans can ruin the experience, where you wonder why they are even engaging if they just always hate every single thing (we have those too).

The ones who say everything is always perfect, and paint every single naysayer with a broad brush of strawmen.  As if Eddie Vedder himself is monitoring the comments and will bestow great appreciation on those who act like the biggest fans.

I think there are a lot of valid points here, and some interesting thoughts/dialog about getting older, not liking the experience and how it has evolved/changed, the fact that band members themselves seem to be less invested in the band and playing live than in the past which rubs off on some fans, pandemic/crowd anxiety, long merch lines during the shows (dont think that bothers me personally), etc.  Maybe you don't agree with some of them, but I hardly think it overly reeks of being 'entitled'.  People are just sharing their thoughts.  In such a period of inactivity, albeit the past 1.5 years forced due to the pandemic, it is natural for a lot of fans to disengage from the band a bit.  

While I am among those who feel a bit disengaged, Im happy for people who have been jamming out to bootlegs the past few years and are excited to be attending upcoming show(s).  Thats great!
    Well said.  I'll always go see PJ when they come to Chicago and will make an effort to go on the road and see a few shows when they tour, but all the other nonsense the past few years has been a bit off-putting.  The merch insanity (variants of toys, really???) combined with the move towards more stadium shows/festivals has definitely tempered the usual excitement towards the band.  They'll always be my favorite band, but that same passion has definitely been waning.  Part of it is definitely getting older and priorities changing.  And the other part is their seeming lack of interest in just getting out there and playing shows.  Kinda forgot that I still have tix to Baltimore and St. Louis.....
    This band was going to do 40+ arena shows in 2020. They are not shying away from them it seems thankfully. Also I am curious why the merch bothers you? If you do not like it do not buy it. I am there for the music. If they want to sell a bunch of crap I do not like that does in no way change my mood towards the actual concerts I go to. Hopefully Chicago gets some arena shows in 2022. It has been awhile. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    If anyone with Baltimore tickets is burnt out, I will be happy to relieve your burden and attend the show for you. Just saying…
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore