~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    That poor baby was like, “Let me go so I can get the FUCK outta here!”

Great they caught her though. I wonder if she would’ve fallen *properly* as they’re known to do, or if the fall was too short to right herself in time.  
    I am glad they caught her as well. I am sure all the cheering freaked her out. She definitely was squirming around. I am sure that guy got all scratched up as his thank you for catching her. Poor thing. I wonder if someone there took her home with them. I really wonder how she got in that situation in the first place (though we don't really know if it is a she).

That's what I was wondering. How did the cat get there in the first place and what happened afterwards. I'm guessing it was probably a feral cat though
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Wife texted this to me & suggested the dry food timer needs to be looked at. 

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Haha. I’m worried about that very thing happening if we get one. George’d be not just plump, but downright FAT.

Same goes for those water fountains; we’d have wet walls, a wet carpet, and possibly two wet cats :lol:
  • hedonist said:
    Haha. I’m worried about that very thing happening if we get one. George’d be not just plump, but downright FAT.

Same goes for those water fountains; we’d have wet walls, a wet carpet, and possibly two wet cats :lol:
    We’ve had it for five years, this is a first. It’s been overall pretty reliable TBH. The one flaw is it runs a little fast, after a few months, 6:15 comes a few minutes sooner than it should. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Wife texted this to me & suggested the dry food timer needs to be looked at. 

Yikes. I was thinking of getting one for when I go away just for a weekend (I have a friend in my building who takes care of them when I am gone). But my cats only eat wet food. I don’t trust those ones with the refrigerated compartments. I am afraid it would break down. But I do have the water fountain, which works great. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Wife texted this to me & suggested the dry food timer needs to be looked at. 

:lol: looks like my cat food dispenser. It’s broken though but I still use it and just add to it by hand.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2021
    ❤️ 

❤️ 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Ah, Mama. 
    dankind said:
    ❤️ 

❤️ 
    Those head scritches are like kitty crack.

Sharing the sun spot!!
  • Both of them relaxing 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited September 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    Sharing the sun spot!!
    Righty looks to be the size of George! Just the angle?

jose, beauties. 

• hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Sharing the sun spot!!
    Righty looks to be the size of George! Just the angle?

jose, beauties. 

Yours too! Glow girl nice cozy picture 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    “Talkin ‘bout my girl…”

hedonist said:
    “Talkin ‘bout my girl…”

super cute! She is an adult now. They really grow so fast.

Tell me about it! :lol:

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Work the camera more, goober. 

What a ham. Our Beans (RIP) was like that — with a bit of fuck-you thrown in for good measure. .

They know what they’re doing. 

RIP Beans. 

Taking a little bath in the sun spot. 
    With toy nearby!

Flea’s pretty active but the feather/snaky toys hold her interest for only so long. Chica’s too young to become a fatty! Toy suggestions are welcome. I’m also going to get some peacock feathers (almost fail-proof, till they snap).

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited October 2021
    I lost Annie for close to an hour today.  And what a nerve wracking hour it was.
    She's an indoor cat and since I had seemingly looked everywhere in the house, I figured she must have gotten out somewhere so I searched everywhere outside (even the polar regions and Siberia) and still couldn't find her.  Then, back in the house, I walked all over the place inside with an open can of cat food tapping on the can with a table knife.  Finally, I heard a faint scratching and kept walking and tapping until I got to the bathroom and located the source of her clawing: the bottom cupboard below and to the left of the sink where the towels are kept.  She must have sneaked in there when one of us was grabbing out a towel.  That sly kitty! 
    But oh, was I relieved!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

hedonist said:
    With toy nearby!

Flea’s pretty active but the feather/snaky toys hold her interest for only so long. Chica’s too young to become a fatty! Toy suggestions are welcome. I’m also going to get some peacock feathers (almost fail-proof, till they snap).

Tristan was going nuts with that toy today. It is a catnip stuffed beetle, but the wings make that crinkly sound. He was tossing it around for a while. Not bad for a 15 year old. I will try to think of some good toys and let you know. Both my cats are hot and cold with toys. That one he was playing with today was untouched for weeks. 
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    brianlux said:
    I lost Annie for close to an hour today.  And what a nerve wracking hour it was.
    She's an indoor cat and since I had seemingly looked everywhere in the house, I figured she must have gotten out somewhere so I searched everywhere outside (even the polar regions and Siberia) and still couldn't find her.  Then, back in the house, I walked all over the place inside with an open can of cat food tapping on the can with a table knife.  Finally, I heard a faint scratching and kept walking and tapping until I got to the bathroom and located the source of her clawing: the bottom cupboard below and to the left of the sink where the towels are kept.  She must have sneaked in there when one of us was grabbing out a towel.  That sly kitty! 
    But oh, was I relieved!
    I know that awful feeling. I'm so happy that you found her. :). Sometimes waving the Temptations bag helps, sometimes Ollie doesn't give a crap. I admire her willpower.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    But oh, was I relieved!
    I know that awful feeling. I'm so happy that you found her. :). Sometimes waving the Temptations bag helps, sometimes Ollie doesn't give a crap. I admire her willpower.

Thanks! :smile:   Yes, it was unnerving!  I even tried shaking the treats bag like you suggested.  It took walking around with an open can of wet food to get her attention.
    Your Ollie might be more tempted by Greenies.  Annie thinks they're pretty special, which is why I'm surprised the didn't get her excited.  I think she rather liked being cozy on those towels in a nice dark cupboard.  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    But oh, was I relieved!

Thanks! :smile:   Yes, it was unnerving!  I even tried shaking the treats bag like you suggested.  It took walking around with an open can of wet food to get her attention.
    Your Ollie might be more tempted by Greenies.  Annie thinks they're pretty special, which is why I'm surprised the didn't get her excited.  I think she rather liked being cozy on those towels in a nice dark cupboard.  
    Ollie has never tried Greenies. Thank you for the suggestion! I will get her some this weekend. Hey, she already agrees with Annie about hiding in nice dark cupboards, maybe she will think the Greenies are pretty special too. 
    Glad it ended well, Brian.
    edited October 2021
    brianlux said:
    But oh, was I relieved!
    That is the worst feeling. I am so glad you found her. I have had that happen to me as well. Usually shaking the treat bag works. But sometimes I find myself on my hands and knees with my phone flashlight looking under all the furniture. 
    When George is drinking water, we call this his “Caesar pose.”

hedonist said:
    When George is drinking water, we call this his “Caesar pose.”

That is so funny. I have never seen a cat lie down to drink water. He does look like someone should be feeling him grapes as he reclines. Cute little guy.