~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487

Swayze Maroosha! Awww.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:

Such a hard day they have had eating and sleeping and playing. 
    That’s what I tell George and Flea (when they deign to awaken). 
    “To sleep, perchance to dream.”

And no, she does not have an elephantine paw :lol:

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    So Kali hasn't really touched her wet food in the past few days. No idea why. She still eats her dry food though and once in awhile i'lll give her human food like lunch meat or something. Maybe she's sick of the diabetic food, lol
    My cats are funny w/ their food & when they eat... one's like a horse, the other seems to survive with barely any. 

As long as they're acting normal, I try not to worry too much about it. 

She's starting to eat more of her wet food. Still not as much as she used to, but like GlowGirl said maybe she was sick of it
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited September 2021
    So Kali hasn't really touched her wet food in the past few days. No idea why. She still eats her dry food though and once in awhile i'lll give her human food like lunch meat or something. Maybe she's sick of the diabetic food, lol
    My cats are funny w/ their food & when they eat... one's like a horse, the other seems to survive with barely any. 

She's starting to eat more of her wet food. Still not as much as she used to, but like GlowGirl said maybe she was sick of it
    @eeriepadave Is your cat eating more now? I hope she is doing better. Were you able to find a new variety of the diabetic food?
    GlowGirl said:

@eeriepadave Is your cat eating more now? I hope she is doing better. Were you able to find a new variety of the diabetic food?

yeah she seems to be eating more of her wet food now. thanks for asking :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    GlowGirl said:

Glad to hear it. Chewy’s was out of the flavor one of my cats likes for his prescription food. I had a case here of food he used to eat but rejected a few months ago. I was worried he wouldn’t eat it but I guess enough time has passed that he thinks it’s new and has been lapping it up. Sometimes they just need a bit of variety. 
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Glad to hear it. Chewy’s was out of the flavor one of my cats likes for his prescription food. I had a case here of food he used to eat but rejected a few months ago. I was worried he wouldn’t eat it but I guess enough time has passed that he thinks it’s new and has been lapping it up. Sometimes they just need a bit of variety. 
    Yeah seems that way. Kinda hard to find variety of wet diabetic cat food though. 😕
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Yeah seems that way. Kinda hard to find variety of wet diabetic cat food though. 😕
    https://www.chewy.com/b/wet-food-12273?rh=c%3A325%2Cc%3A387%2Cc%3A460%2CHealthFeature%3ADiabetic+Support&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7MGJBhD-ARIsAMZ0eetIRgqgxLxLwaim8XaGUmjxpeek8haOZHcBi1YSpUcT7fYzWiz7iEoaAv_GEALw_wcB

This link has 3 different brands. I order my cats prescription food from here. When you order they will ask for the vet info and contact them to get the prescription. They will keep it on file so you can reorder. Perhaps she will like one of these brands better or you can alternate after a while if she gets sick of one of them. 
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

https://www.chewy.com/b/wet-food-12273?rh=c%3A325%2Cc%3A387%2Cc%3A460%2CHealthFeature%3ADiabetic+Support&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7MGJBhD-ARIsAMZ0eetIRgqgxLxLwaim8XaGUmjxpeek8haOZHcBi1YSpUcT7fYzWiz7iEoaAv_GEALw_wcB

This link has 3 different brands. I order my cats prescription food from here. When you order they will ask for the vet info and contact them to get the prescription. They will keep it on file so you can reorder. Perhaps she will like one of these brands better or you can alternate after a while if she gets sick of one of them. 
    Cool. Thanks I’ll check it out 😀
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited September 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Cool. Thanks I’ll check it out 😀
    Glad to be of help. Just check with your vet if these brands are ok for your cat’s diabetes. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  •  =) 
    @dankind
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking? 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
     =) 
    @dankind
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking? 
    Boobies...?
    I SAW PEARL JAM

This thread is about cats, not pussy. 
    edited September 2021
    Ah, he knows I was really thinking about matchmaking. He just doesn't want to look up the matchmaker meme/gif/video. 
    ...also, I get it wrong every time. So there's that.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • This thread was on page 11! 🙀🙀🙀
    No more matchmaking posts in the kitty thread, I promise.
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Mama likes to touch a touch too much. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    George loves it. Flea’s a goddamn rebel.

We all got scars. 
    Yeah. Tristan is a love bug. He loves to be pet and snuggles, and belly rubs. He will sometimes come over and meow at me until I start petting him and then he just purrs and  purrs. On the other hand Daisy, her highness, doesn’t scratch me or bare her claws but she likes to be pet on her own terms - and never on the belly. 
    Rubbing that area just below the ear? Never fails, on either. 
    They also like to have that little velvet area of their nose rubbed. 
    GlowGirl said:
    They also like to have that little velvet area of their nose rubbed. 
    I love that part!

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited September 2021
    Both my girls are affectionate AF. Ones a cuddler (sometimes TOO needy) & the other loves roughhousing, but both love the physical interaction.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Annie Cat has suddenly started sneezing a lot.  I freaked out and took her to the vet.  He said it's allergies.  Who's known cat's get allergies!  He gave me drops to put in her eyes which is insanely difficult to do and so far has not helped.  Time for a second opinion if I can ever get an appointment (we took her to a cheap but nice vet- her regular vet is so good it takes 3 weeks to get an apt. to get in!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I posted this in the NCAA football thread but can go here as well. Although there are so many questions about this video

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    That poor baby was like, “Let me go so I can get the FUCK outta here!”

Great they caught her though. I wonder if she would’ve fallen *properly* as they’re known to do, or if the fall was too short to right herself in time.  
    hedonist said:
    That poor baby was like, “Let me go so I can get the FUCK outta here!”

Great they caught her though. I wonder if she would’ve fallen *properly* as they’re known to do, or if the fall was too short to right herself in time.  
    I am glad they caught her as well. I am sure all the cheering freaked her out. She definitely was squirming around. I am sure that guy got all scratched up as his thank you for catching her. Poor thing. I wonder if someone there took her home with them. I really wonder how she got in that situation in the first place (though we don't really know if it is a she).

Can anyone else grasp the level of discipline on my part?

Must. Resist. BELLY.