HOME SHOWS NIGHT 2 STREAM

Comments

• I wonder if there's any chance they have video for 10/31/09.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited February 2021
    why is there a 15 minute countdown for this to start after I ordered it? that didn't happen on the other two

great show. miss live shows. can't wait for the next ones
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    Watched it tonight.  Really enjoyed reliving the show.   Even saw myself a few times.   Would love to see the home shows come out on bluray :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328
    I wonder if there's any chance they have video for 10/31/09.

What a dream it would be if they released Philly Night 4 via stream.

• davidosdavidos Posts: 466
    Loved watching this! Thought Stone brought the energy and rhythm right from the start... Seemed liked Ed wanted a sec to catch his breath right after Nothingman and held his hand up to Matt but they didn’t connect and launched right in to Why Go...

Noticed the audio/video out of sync issue... bummer.

I don’t know if it’s me but it seemed like the faster songs had a slower tempo... Whipping, DTE and Brain of J.... I kept thinking they sounded slightly slow... 

Please keep doing these! Sounds like this will be all we have for a while... Wish they would stay in my Nugs account so I could watch over and over... Philly 2 stream the best so far for me.
  • Watched it last night. Loved it and got a chance to smile at some of those things that make a show special.The Fernando interlude, when Stone started into Alive while people were still clearing the stage after Sonic Reducer, the train, the cell phones lighting the stadium (that was eerie to be in the middle of). I also cranked the surround to take in the crowd singing Baba O’Riley before Eddie shrieked into the verse. Goosebumps. 

The band was loose except is Matt ever loose?  He’s a machine. Mike’s solo on Evenflow was a monster.  

The vocals were buried and I pulled out the CDs of the show this morning and while the vocals don’t rise well above the instruments they don’t sound as buried.  My wife made the observation so while I’m taking in the sound and video and all that she’s dryly pointing out things like I can’t hear Eddie.

I wished I could have been in Seattle for both nights but was glad I was there for this night. Stupid conference. Anyway, my son joined me and going to shows with him is always good and a couple days in Seattle is never a bad thing.
  • My vocals are right on so maybe an issue with certain streams? Mine works great
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    My vocals are right on so maybe an issue with certain streams? Mine works great
    All of the streams have been 2/30th off consistently.  The audio has been ahead.  It's subtle but it's off.
  •  He was pretty hit and miss during 2018, but the thing I like a lot about this show is that he tries for a lot of the high notes and hits 90% of them, where as in e.g. Rome he might have fewer times when his voice cracks but he bails out and makes the audience sing way more often. I'd rather he went for it, the occasional crack be damned, myself. 

And yes - the crowd is saying Boom. Or boo-urns.
    Thank you for not calling me crazy. :) 
  • SR91748SR91748 Posts: 137
    Loved it. I attended in person, but I saw so much more this time around. Wish I could watch this any time. 
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Watched it last night. Loved it and got a chance to smile at some of those things that make a show special.The Fernando interlude, when Stone started into Alive while people were still clearing the stage after Sonic Reducer, the train, the cell phones lighting the stadium (that was eerie to be in the middle of). I also cranked the surround to take in the crowd singing Baba O’Riley before Eddie shrieked into the verse. Goosebumps. 

The band was loose except is Matt ever loose?  He’s a machine. Mike’s solo on Evenflow was a monster.  
    I wished I could have been in Seattle for both nights but was glad I was there for this night. Stupid conference. Anyway, my son joined me and going to shows with him is always good and a couple days in Seattle is never a bad thing.
    Those were several of the same moments I didn't catch live or had forgotten and loved seeing! Plus so many little interactions and details I missed. Too funny when Mark Arm starts to walk out and Ed says "No, not you" and Mark Arm is like "Alrighty then" and then comes out and says "Awkward!"   :)

And yes, a couple of days in Seattle is never a bad thing.  My PJ joy meter was blowing through the top for those days and my days in Boston a month later, soooo much PJ joy at and between the shows.  Given what a live music desert 2020 and 2021 so far has been, that much more greatful for those great times.
    My audio/visual was out of sync a little but when I stopped it and moved where it was in the webcast it fixed it.  And when it started it was in sync.  Got out of sync I think when I paused it at some point.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Was a great show to be at, glad I made it.  Seeing the video for the first time was really cool.

I will say.. some of the GA people looked downright bored.  Maybe its time 10C only lets you in GA once every other tour to make sure you don't get too bored by being there too often.  When section 112 is more high energy than the floor there is an issue.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Was a great show to be at, glad I made it.  Seeing the video for the first time was really cool.

I will say.. some of the GA people looked downright bored.  Maybe its time 10C only lets you in GA once every other tour to make sure you don't get too bored by being there too often.  When section 112 is more high energy than the floor there is an issue.
    We weren't bored.  It was tight up front. You can't really get moving too much.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    My vocals are right on so maybe an issue with certain streams? Mine works great
    All of the streams have been 2/30th off consistently.  The audio has been ahead.  It's subtle but it's off.
    No there not. Mine is spot on. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Blue Leach and his crew delivered again! :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    I think the audio might have a glitch in it.   I backed up copy so I could watch it via Kodi on my firestick on our big TV, and Kodi had a pretty hard time syncing the audio to the video.   I had to fast forward/rewind a bit to jar it into playing properly.  It seemed in sync once it did.  It could indicate why different people are having different problems.  The glitch causes different issues depending what you're watching it on.
    Zod said:
    I think the audio might have a glitch in it.   I backed up copy so I could watch it via Kodi on my firestick on our big TV, and Kodi had a pretty hard time syncing the audio to the video.   I had to fast forward/rewind a bit to jar it into playing properly.  It seemed in sync once it did.  It could indicate why different people are having different problems.  The glitch causes different issues depending what you're watching it on.
    I'm like the least tech-savvy person ever, but aren't problems with copies probably because Nugs and PJ don't want people to copy it? Any synching problems like what you describe seem to be there by design.

Did you try watching the link as originally intended and did that audio glitch for you too? Sounds like for some it did, others (like me) it did not. And I do notice those even slight off audio/visual because it drives me nuts when it's there.
  • just finished watching this show, loved it every second of it, hoping live music isn't too far in the future. The band and Eddie on top form, I will make it to Seattle one day in the future 
    Neil Young & Pearl Jam Dublin 1995, Leeds Festival 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Leeds 2014, Amsterdam 2018, London 1 2022, London 2 2022
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    I'm like the least tech-savvy person ever, but aren't problems with copies probably because Nugs and PJ don't want people to copy it? Any synching problems like what you describe seem to be there by design.

Did you try watching the link as originally intended and did that audio glitch for you too? Sounds like for some it did, others (like me) it did not. And I do notice those even slight off audio/visual because it drives me nuts when it's there.

They don't make it easy, but the other shows were fine.  Except for the last one.  The fist time it posted it  missing a few second of audio, then they fixed it, but cut off the end and credits, but 3rd time around they got it all fixed up perfect.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    pjhawks said:
    why is there a 15 minute countdown for this to start after I ordered it? that didn't happen on the other two

I was able to fast-forward to the start of the show and skip the countdown.  
  • mr bungle said:
    pjhawks said:

I was able to fast-forward to the start of the show and skip the countdown.  
    If only we could FF to the start of the next live show and skip the rest of C-19...
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • search and destroy i can't get enough of. loved the show, the city, and the cause. a home run.
  • I thought missing was incredible 
  • Quarantining this week - have enjoyed at least some of the show every day.  Will need to somehow replace it as of tomorrow.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    It looks like they've updated the video.  The 15 minute countdown is gone, and they removed some blackscreen at the end.  Maybe they fixed whatever audio problems people were having too?
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Is there any way to still watch this stream? 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2

Not on Nugs anymore. Night 1 is still up @ https://codacollection.co/films/live-in-seattle-august-8-2018 . Hopefully they will add Night 2 there. 

Too bad Nugs couldn't have all our ordered Pearl Jam video streams in our accounts so we could view anytime we want.

hypothetically once something is streamed on the internet, it's usually captured.   While you might night be able stream it from nugs, I'm sure a few people kept a copy for posterity (which makes it weird, they didn't just make it a buy instead of a rent, so everyone could enjoy that legitimately :) )
    Zod said:

hypothetically once something is streamed on the internet, it's usually captured.   While you might night be able stream it from nugs, I'm sure a few people kept a copy for posterity (which makes it weird, they didn't just make it a buy instead of a rent, so everyone could enjoy that legitimately :) )
    Yeah wish all those bought Pearl Jam streams were available in our Nugs account so we can view anytime we wanted.