Pearl Jam's Gigaton

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    For such a “fan friendly” band, it’s extremely disappointing that over the past year we got absolutely nothing from them. I don’t count merch and livestreams of old shows. They really couldn’t get together and play some live streamed music ? 
    No offense, but at this stage of their career - 31 years in - it's amazing they're still here at all given how much they've given to fans. And they're still humans, also with families - i'm sure just like myself, trying to survive during this. I know I could barely think about my work at several points last year. They don't owe us anything.
    Yea…. This is the more sensible, other side of my earlier post. I can’t help but to feel that way sometimes though. 
    I get it. I've felt the same way a few times. But in reality, it's just not, well....reality. for them to get together, fly across the country or countries to do something for the fans, putting themselves and others at risk. I think the ones who did the live streams did so out of necessity. 
    They could've livestreamed a show of them playing in their studio or garage or something. Or done SNL or Colbert remotely. Lots of bands did that over the last year or so. Since they put out a new album right at the start of the pandemic, I would've thought might want to promote it a little bit at least...
    the point is they weren't getting together during the pandemic. I think it was Stone who said he ran into Mike in Seattle and just waved from across the street. They just weren't together, so doing a live stream wasn't possible. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    Didn't Jeff just say they all got in the same room every 3 months or so? Anyhow, what are we arguing about this morning?  :)

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I've seen videos of band who did shows via zoom or some shit. They didn't even have to travel if they didn't want to.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    tish said:
    Didn't Jeff just say they all got in the same room every 3 months or so? Anyhow, what are we arguing about this morning?  :)

No. They haven't been in the same room until recently I believe to rehearse for the upcoming shows
    I miss igotid88
  • I've seen videos of band who did shows via zoom or some shit. They didn't even have to travel if they didn't want to.
    Who cares what other bands did? They aren't other bands. Why are you still complaining about the past? Nothing will change it. It makes much more sense to live in the present tense. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I've seen videos of band who did shows via zoom or some shit. They didn't even have to travel if they didn't want to.
    Who cares what other bands did? They aren't other bands. Why are you still complaining about the past? Nothing will change it. It makes much more sense to live in the present tense. 
    What is this? Can people not want them to be slightly more active? Why does this bother you so much to the point of you quoting a lyric? Weird. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    What is this? Can people not want them to be slightly more active? Why does this bother you so much to the point of you quoting a lyric? Weird. 
    Lol. Yeah what the hell? And it is presently still their new album. Shame on us for wanting to hear the band play their new fucking songs. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    nicknyr15 said:
    Maybe it's Ed.  =)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    nicknyr15 said:
    Lol. Yeah what the hell? And it is presently still their new album. Shame on us for wanting to hear the band play their new fucking songs. 
    Not only did they do nothing new new, they didn't do anything for the fans during the pandemic. Metallica posted several full concert live streams on YouTube. A week or two after COVID was declared a global pandemic, so began "Metallica Mondays" where they'd stream an entire show using video from the screen-feeds at the shows. All were free for all to view...of course. What did PJ do during the pandemic for the fans? A show or two that you had to pay to stream? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    nicknyr15 said:
    Not only did they do nothing new new, they didn't do anything for the fans during the pandemic. Metallica posted several full concert live streams on YouTube. A week or two after COVID was declared a global pandemic, so began "Metallica Mondays" where they'd stream an entire show using video from the screen-feeds at the shows. All were free for all to view...of course. What did PJ do during the pandemic for the fans? A show or two that you had to pay to stream? 
    HOW DARE YOU COMPLAIN!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    PJ has never been obligated even as other bands have demonstrated that virtual shows could be done safely. PJ has lasted three decades in part because they do what they want and not out of obligation. PJ had the ability and opportunity to "share the light" during these dark times but chose not to do so. Pure speculation, but if the reasoning is a lack of want or desire, then that is a bit disheartening.

See, I can quote song lyrics too and maintain thread integrity. :wink:
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    nicknyr15 said:
    HOW DARE YOU COMPLAIN!
    Yeah I see above people take offense to that. 

To your point above, a band could totally do shit via Zoom or whatever. After all, PJ taped DOTC for some sort of fundraiser thing, which was cool....

https://youtu.be/Sv9dX55bbe8

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • nicknyr15 said:

WhY dIdNT PeArl JaM cOmE tO My HOusE AnD PlaY iN My bACkYaRd? 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • nicknyr15 said:
    Maybe it's Ed.  =)
     ;) 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
    nicknyr15 said:

Yea. Definitely the same thing. Good point. 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

The band doesn't operate based on your individual hopes or desires. It is the same thing. Let them do what they want and stop complaining about every. fucking. thing. that they do or don't do. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

The band doesn't operate based on your individual hopes or desires. It is the same thing. Let them do what they want and stop complaining about every. fucking. thing. that they do or don't do. 
    No point in even bothering with someone like you. Good job coming to the rescue of PJ. Well done. I’m sure they appreciate it 
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    edited August 2021
    I mean, the band has it's own museum. They've been a nostalgic act now for awhile. 
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

nicknyr15 said:

Lol....thanks for reminding me why I don't visit the Porch much anymore. How dare we criticize the band we love! My goodness what a horrible thing to do!
    chinese-happy.jpg

Pearl Jam- Asbury Park 2021 Playlist

nicknyr15 said:

i just want to know how long it took you to type out this psycho nonsense. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

SHN21 PJ Eddie Explains Gigaton

I wasn't there but thought the new songs sounded great on the livestream and on youtube.....though I didn't see Take The Long Way....not too interested in that one anyway though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I wasn't there but thought the new songs sounded great on the livestream and on youtube.....though I didn't see Take The Long Way....not too interested in that one anyway though. 
    Along with Superblood Wolfmoon, Take the Long Way really impressed me live. Both of those songs are middle of the road Gigaton for me, but they both had me fully engaged at the show. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    RiotZact said:
    Along with Superblood Wolfmoon, Take the Long Way really impressed me live. Both of those songs are middle of the road Gigaton for me, but they both had me fully engaged at the show. 
    I've always felt that the outro to TTLW was kickass...also the outro to Retrograde.  Both just seemed very unique to PJ
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I'm hoping they bust out Get It Back at some point (OTTAWA!!). I really like that tune. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD