******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Did I just see the Colts are looking at signing Nick Foles???!!!???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Did I just see the Colts are looking at signing Nick Foles???!!!???

This would be the best thing to happen in the NFL so far this season.
    Foot Long back in the QB room with Prince Harry.
    :rofl:  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I need this. What a way to end the week. Please please please.
    At that point, if not the Eagles, then COLTS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Talk of Eagles Deshaun Watson trade talks heating up.  I can't believe Lurie would bring in a guy accused of sexual misconduct as much as this guy.  Would be interesting to see Eagles fans reactions.  Many hate Wentz now because he through a hissy fit for getting benched. Would they accept Watson?  Yea he is an upgrade but I don't want him.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    It would be crazy to trade lots for him before you know what the deal is with him.
    We wouldn't even be entertaining the idea of signing this pieceashit if Wentz didn't throw a "hissy fit".
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Quez Watkins is not slow.

Go Birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Devonta Smith can run a fucking route. I can’t wait to see what he does this year 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Devonta Smith can run a fucking route. I can’t wait to see what he does this year 
    Buddy of mine was there right next to the field and couldn't believe how small he was, like child small. I said, yeah, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he's gonna be that good, and that he's definitely not putting on like 25 pounts of muscle or whatever it is people think he's going to do.
    I don't watch preseason anymore. Was there anything good in that 35-0 loss?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I don't watch preseason anymore. Was there anything good in that 35-0 loss?
    Devonta Smith. That's about it. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Flacco still stinks.  I turned on to see Hurts but he was already out.  Tried to watch some but....Flacco stinks.
    edited August 2021
    Buddy of mine was there right next to the field and couldn't believe how small he was, like child small. I said, yeah, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he's gonna be that good, and that he's definitely not putting on like 25 pounts of muscle or whatever it is people think he's going to do.
    It is crazy how skinny he is. We talked about this before but I don't think the Marvin Harrison comparison is that far fetched considering what he did at Alabama. If he was another Pac10 receiver, I would be more concerned. lol
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2021
    It is crazy how skinny he is. We talked about this before but I don't think the Marvin Harrison comparison is that far fetched considering what he did at Alabama. If he was another Pac10 receiver, I would be more concerned. lol
    Haha, we did. And I certainly want to be wrong on this, but I think comparing this guy to one guy who ended up being an absolutely incredible hall of fame murderer is extreme cherry picking with Midnight Green colored glasses. Personally, unless this guy gets massive separation, I don't see him better than a slot guy - i.e. Brandin Cooks-like at very best, and I'd be more than happy if that was the case but in no way would satisfy me that they A) traded up for him B ) worth a mid-1st round pick. I don't like drafting for "need" and/or fulfilling the fans' wants in a massive PR campaign (conspiracy in my head).

Also, controversial hot take on my part: are SEC WRs - especially from Alabama - anything special? That's like saying you want a 'Bama QB to some extent, definitely more misses than hits. I know they're riding a wave right now in the past 3, 4 season, but the jury seems to be out on most of them at this point. Granted, I'll give you Julio and Amari Cooper. But Smith is definitely not built like those guys. Jeudy looks like he'll be decent. I guess best comparison is Ridley, and even he is bigger than Smith, but I would take those numbers for sure. OK, maybe they've been ok lately haha...

Other hot take - we are going to be kicking ourselves in the balls for thinking Nick Sirianni is a decent coach. I think this has Kotite written all over it. 

And I finally want Howie to feel some heat.

Sincerely, 
    Bizarro WIP Caller
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Alternate take: Alabama and Clemson have been dominating college football for years and the Eagles haven't been picking any of them in the draft. About time they, you know, drafted someone from the best programs.

Yeah I get all of that. Thing is, Smith's college career was significantly better than those guys though (Julio Jones had 15 total tds to Smith's 46, for just one example).

I think the kid is special and, thus, the lofty comparisons are warranted. I will see you in Canton for his Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 2042

I have no idea if Sirianni will be good or not. The more I see of him coaching guys up in practice and listen to him talk, the more I like him. But, I have no fucking idea. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Just draft me every grown 30 year old man in a 20 year old's body from every SEC team - certainly, most definitely Alabama - on defense. This I concur.
    SEC, for sure defense and RB.  Lots of other talent but those seem to be best of the best athletes - even on mid tier teams.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Haha, we did. And I certainly want to be wrong on this, but I think comparing this guy to one guy who ended up being an absolutely incredible hall of fame murderer is extreme cherry picking with Midnight Green colored glasses. Personally, unless this guy gets massive separation, I don't see him better than a slot guy - i.e. Brandin Cooks-like at very best, and I'd be more than happy if that was the case but in no way would satisfy me that they A) traded up for him B ) worth a mid-1st round pick. I don't like drafting for "need" and/or fulfilling the fans' wants in a massive PR campaign (conspiracy in my head).

Also, controversial hot take on my part: are SEC WRs - especially from Alabama - anything special? That's like saying you want a 'Bama QB to some extent, definitely more misses than hits. I know they're riding a wave right now in the past 3, 4 season, but the jury seems to be out on most of them at this point. Granted, I'll give you Julio and Amari Cooper. But Smith is definitely not built like those guys. Jeudy looks like he'll be decent. I guess best comparison is Ridley, and even he is bigger than Smith, but I would take those numbers for sure. OK, maybe they've been ok lately haha...

Other hot take - we are going to be kicking ourselves in the balls for thinking Nick Sirianni is a decent coach. I think this has Kotite written all over it. 

And I finally want Howie to feel some heat.

Sincerely, 
    Bizarro WIP Caller
    The concern with Sirianni is that his coordinators are the youngest in the league. Other than Stoutland the coaching staff is really young.   How will that work when they lose a few games, especially in this town?  One of the keys to having success as an NFL coach is not losing the locker room when things go bad. Even good teams sometimes lose 5 or 6 games. Handling the week to week up an downs is huge for an NFL head coach. That is Reid's biggest strength and I thought Pederson did a good job at that as well. That was one of Chip Kelly's biggest downfalls. He was such a loser that once things turned sour the veterans tuned him out quick.  

I have no feeling for this team.  I think they literally could go in any direction.   With a healthy offensive line and if Hurts is better than I expect they could end up being pretty good.  But what are the chances an aging offensive line is going to stay healthy?  Will the young wide receivers take a big step this year?  I still don't think the defense has enough playmakers. Lack of turnovers by the defense has killed this team the last few years. Can that improve with a new staff?  Plus the beginning of the schedule if brutally tough, and the end looks easy.  Can they stay close enough so the last division games at the end still have meaning?  So many questions to be answered with this team.
    Chip's biggest downfall was hubris.

Andy's biggest strength is his "Belichickness" of being even-keeled through good times and bad and would never place blame on any player or coach beyond himself....while being able to identify quality quarterbacks and maintaining strong offensive lines.

Doug's greatest strength was 1) delegating and 2) letting his players have autonomy on the field.

Pretty sure Doug held onto a handful of Chip's staff. If anything it's Howie. Duce for christ sake's took the same position with the Detroit fucking Lions.

I don't think players default to blaming coaching staff if things go sour. They'll put that on the head coach if it comes down to it. I don't think in any locker room the players look past any head coach for an older staff member as the "leader:, unless maybe you're talking about defensive players and their leader is pretty much whom ever is the highest ranking defensive minded coach, whether that's the D-coordinator or the head coach. If there's a team where the players are looking toward the special coordinator, or some shit, because they have a more "veteran"/older age presence then that's weird. Everyone knows who the head coach is.

The concern with Sirianni to me is this guy will be woefully outmatched while not knowing how to have any skill of public speaking, but will keep his job because Howie can tell him to shut the fuck up and go back in the corner.

The young staff is representative of Howie more than anything, he had total control of what the staff would look like this time around. All of this, to me, is another use of Howie trying to increase his leash as much as possible while trying to look like the smartest guy in the room.
    I really don't know how I missed this this year:

https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2021-philadelphia-eagles/
    Jump up and knock the ball down! Didn't realize it was that so hard to do
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Oh hollllly shit, can't wait for the WIP callers to start if they haven't already.
    Oh hollllly shit, can't wait for the WIP callers to start if they haven't already.
    Lol. I can only imagine.

So hardly anyone played again last night. No point in watching. I don't understand how you don't get a qb like Jalen Hurts reps in preseason games. He's not Aaron Rogers. This season is essentially his try out. Why not play him a little before the games count for real? There is definitely value in these joint scrimmages, but I think the first few weeks of the season are going to be sloppier than usual, especially with one less game. They've already been getting sloppier and sloppier the last few years.

I think the quality of the game, in general, has deteriorated over the last 10 years since that cba that ended the strike. I think it was 2011 or something. They're trying to protect players' safety with the new rules and stuff but I think it's done more harm than good to the actual game. There are hardly any offseason workouts anymore. Definitely no hitting in the offseason. Training camp is a shell of what it used to be both in terms of the practice durations and intensity/hitting. You'd think with the emphasize on "safer" ways to tackle, you'd spend more time getting more reps to get used to it before the season starts to hopefully avoid a bunch of 15 yard personal foul penalties that now seem inevitable.

The combination of all the rule changes and the practice restrictions mixed with the ultra conservative approach teams take nowadays might be keeping players a little more healthy but, to me, what they're losing in terms of quality outweighs keeping a few more guys on the field.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Gardner Minshew?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I think he is a great backup.
    Not a starter but a sparkplug.
    I think he is a great backup.
    Not a starter but a sparkplug.

wasn't that Flacco's job though?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Flacco is a thousand years old / done.