The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^^NEED!!!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Got the beer fridge semi-stocked.

the natty light? $6.99 for a twelver! :lol:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The Tree House difference is real.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:

Looks delish!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:

What do you think in comparison to Hop Butcher or other local hazies?  Tree House is pretty damn good.  But those prices on MBC are just crazy.  Hopefully find myself in their area one day and can load up for retail prices.
    bbiggs said:

What do you think in comparison to Hop Butcher or other local hazies?  Tree House is pretty damn good.  But those prices on MBC are just crazy.  Hopefully find myself in their area one day and can load up for retail prices.
    To be honest, the beer is comparable, but TH is a bit better.  Hard to say what it is. I’m not a guy that claims to pull a bunch of specific flavors out of a beer. I just know what tastes good to me. Maybe it’s in their brewing technique, their hop source or the water. Or some combination of the three. To your point, if I didn’t pay retail for it I wouldn’t buy it. Had a buddy that lives out there ship some, so I was fortunate. Good stuff though. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited July 2021
    Anyone in the Albany area been getting on the Fidens train?  Had my first shipment from a friend and did not disappoint 

My top 5 breweries so far in 2021 (only counting beers I’ve been able to try)
    1) Trillium (have been on POINT since early 2020)
    2) Monkish in LA
    3) TreeHouse
    4) Fidens
    5) The Veil in Richmond VA
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:

Did the Truly come with a training bra, @Wobbie ?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

To be honest, the beer is comparable, but TH is a bit better.  Hard to say what it is. I’m not a guy that claims to pull a bunch of specific flavors out of a beer. I just know what tastes good to me. Maybe it’s in their brewing technique, their hop source or the water. Or some combination of the three. To your point, if I didn’t pay retail for it I wouldn’t buy it. Had a buddy that lives out there ship some, so I was fortunate. Good stuff though. 
    Every beer I have had of theirs has literally been one of the best beers I've ever had. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Anyone in the Albany area been getting on the Fidens train?  Had my first shipment from a friend and did not disappoint 

My top 5 breweries so far in 2021 (only counting beers I’ve been able to try)
    1) Trillium (have been on POINT since early 2020)
    2) Monkish in LA
    3) TreeHouse
    4) Fidens
    5) The Veil in Richmond VA
    See if you can find Sloop.
    Wobbie said:

anything other than beer is the wife's.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

anything other than beer is the wife's.
    Nothing wrong with a Truly or White Claw.  They're pretty refreshing in the summer and a nice break from the usual 7-8% double IPAs I'm usually drinking.  Was on a huge group vacation a couple weeks ago with 5 families and we went through a disturbing amount of hard seltzers....great vacation drink.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Speaking of seltzers and craft beer, I'll tell ya what there's definitely nothing wrong with - craft breweries that have started making seltzers. They're not bad! Definitely better than a Claw or Truly. 
    I can say in all honesty that I have never had a sip of a White Claw, Truly or any other hard seltzer.  There's no good reason and I'm not knocking them.  It's just crazy that I've never even tried one when my wife drinks them and they're everywhere.  I just go to a lighter, more refreshing beer for Summer BBQ type drinking.  I should give it a whirl sometime.
    I mean I get the appeal, yet totally not my thing. 100 calories for 5% abv. But when you're out of all other options it's not terrible, either, especially the craft ones. They're way less sweet.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Strong (literally 14%) from my hometown

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Strong (literally 14%) from my hometown

whoa! :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    the wife has a friend visiting…,she is welcome anytime!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ^Firestone Union Jack is one of my favorite west coast IPAs.  Sadly, we never have any that is even remotely fresh at the store I shop at.  Was going to pick up a 6 pack yesterday and the "canned on" date was February.  Nope.
    bbiggs said:
    ^Firestone Union Jack is one of my favorite west coast IPAs.  Sadly, we never have any that is even remotely fresh at the store I shop at.  Was going to pick up a 6 pack yesterday and the "canned on" date was February.  Nope.
    Yeah it's hard to buy something 3-4 months old with all the super fresh local beers available.  I've become such a snob that anything over a month old is usually a no from me...especially  for hazy IPAs.
    The Tree House talk last week prompted me to splurge. It literally does not get much better than these two right here. IMO the Very Hazy wins out

chinese-happy.jpg
    And regarding the craft seltzer talk: they're not my cup of tea, but my brother in law had me try something from a local spot near us called Imprint. I don't even know what it was that I drank. They call call it a Schmoojee. It's basically beer juice. Like it tasted like carbonated juice with alcohol in it. I had a pineapple mango one and it was fucking delicious. Pulp and everything. I can't see myself drinking a lot of them but for morning drinking whilst on vacation? Sign me up. Kind of like a beer mimosa is a decent way of describing them I guess. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^ Delicious.  Sadly, my stash is gone.
    The Tree House talk last week prompted me to splurge. It literally does not get much better than these two right here. IMO the Very Hazy wins out

I'm telling ya man. Make that next vacay to New England and stop at their place. You will be converted. You'll never know what Tired Hands is. And Tired Hands is GOOD.
    And coming around on the seltzers, the crafts are actually good! If I've drunken too much booze it's the perfect drink to take a break without drinking water, and water's good!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Just had some Lunch...

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited August 2021
    Just had some Lunch...

That's one of my all time favorite beers!
    I'm heading up to vermont, any suggestions on what beer to try?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    bbiggs said:

Treehouse and toppling goliath are the best breweries for me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

I'm telling ya man. Make that next vacay to New England and stop at their place. You will be converted. You'll never know what Tired Hands is. And Tired Hands is GOOD.
    agree. Treehouse is such a cool location as well. Stupid that they only let you buy 2 drafts though...unless that has changed from fall 2019.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited August 2021
    Starting with this tonight.  

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......