Options

Offical St. Paul 1 Setlist thread

Comments

• Options
    [size=+2] PJ set appears to be over [/size]
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Final Set:

Soundcheck: Last Exit, Sad, Of The Girl, Bushleaguer, All Those Yesterdays, Soldier of Love, Rats, WMA->It's OK->Daughter (according to RM board)

Main Set: Last Exit, Life Wasted, Why Go, WWS, DTE, Given To Fly, I Am Mine, Army Reserve, Even Flow, Betterman, Sad, Sleight of Hand, Daughter - Won't Back Down tag, Jeremy, Comatose, Alive, RITFW
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Yep, they are setting the stage up for Tom Petty now.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    Yep, they are setting the stage up for Tom Petty now.

Cool. Thanks for the updates Girlie!

Lemme know if your girl calls u later on...if Ed comes onstage with Tom
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I'm guessing Petty will have to do his faster songs after that set. He's pretty good at adapting to his audience. At Bonnaroo he did jam versions of a lot his songs.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    No Severed Hand ?
    Hail Hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love
  • Options
    No Severed Hand ?

nope not tonight
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Whew, ok....I'm off the phone. Sorry Petty fans, no set list from me. I'll come back on if she calls with a Ed/Tom duet or something.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    This set is the explore and not the explode set !
    Hail Hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love
  • Options
    Cool. I'll check back later.

Thanks all for posting the set list!
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    The Vegas show is going to be great IMO... they're going to be sick of playing all the "hits" and whip out all sorts of rarities

hopefully i'm wrong and they save it all for the gorge! JK, i'll share the love
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    Whew, ok....I'm off the phone. Sorry Petty fans, no set list from me. I'll come back on if she calls with a Ed/Tom duet or something.

Night Aye. Thanks again for relaying :)
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    They're saving the kick ass show and collaborations for tomorrow night when I'm there. :-P I couldn't resist. It's a solid but not great setlist. For the love of God, get Slight of Hand out of the setlist. That song is the musical equivalent of anti lock brakes.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    evenflow82 wrote:
    For the love of God, get Slight of Hand out of the setlist. That song is the musical equivalent of anti lock brakes.

I feel the same way about Army Reserve, but a lot of people seem to like it.
  • Options
    Not a good setlist at all... Greatest Hits all the way, lets hope they don't repeat anything tomorrow night.
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    s_rockvam wrote:
    Not a good setlist at all... Greatest Hits all the way, lets hope they don't repeat anything tomorrow night.
    Um, yeah... they're playing at a PETTY show. What did you think they were going to play? A bunch of songs the Petty fans have never heard in their life?
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    soundcheck is when noone is in there. its just checking the sound(as the name suggests). pre set is when ed will come out and do a song usually acoustic before the opening band comes out.

Well not exactly NO ONE THERE. I was in their soundcheck at Borgata 2. They only played zepplin and it was the best day of my life. Sorry, i talk about that every opportunity i get. :)
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    Oh and i got to hear gone before all you muthas in that soundcheck too. best day of my life........
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    merlin401 wrote:
    Um, yeah... they're playing at a PETTY show. What did you think they were going to play? A bunch of songs the Petty fans have never heard in their life?
    Well since we were told that it was going to be co headlining and Pearl Jam fans also shelled out 200bills for tix, I just figured they would play a little more to their crowd.
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    RiderRider Posts: 125
    "Not a good setlist at all... Greatest Hits all the way, lets hope they don't repeat anything tomorrow night."

Are you kidding? I bet the setlist fit the crowd and situation excellently. They don't need to play a bunch of obscure stuff to entertain us. If the guys are playing well, nice solo's, Ed is into it, I am satisfied. They could play Jeremy five times in row and if they rocked it, they rocked it.

Some of ya'll need to appreciate what you've got and let the ARTIST perform what they are feeling. I bet 20,000 people enjoyed hearing that set, 10,000 of them Petty fans. Maybe 500 spoiled fans were disappointed that it was not a b-side only "classic, epic" yet mostly boring show.
    We all walk the Long Road...

Charlotte & Raleigh Lollapalooza 1992, Charlotte Memorial 1996, Tibet Freedom Concert 1998, Raleigh & Greenville 1998, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh & Camden 2003, Asheville 2004, Camden 2006, DC 2008, Atlanta 2012  Charlottesville 2013, Charlotte 2013
     Greenville, (XRaleighX) and Hampton 2016, London Hyde Park, Quebec City and Ottawa 2022, St Paul (hopefully) 2023
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    It's ridiculous that tickets were $200 for this. They play the same amount of time as Trey & ABB when they open, I'd assume. And for them its $75. $25 more to see Pearl Jam open.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    um yea sleight of hand is one the true fans enjoy , and its one of the few signs of deviation this repetative tour has had. kudos for that
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Rider wrote:
    "Not a good setlist at all... Greatest Hits all the way, lets hope they don't repeat anything tomorrow night."

Are you kidding? I bet the setlist fit the crowd and situation excellently. They don't need to play a bunch of obscure stuff to entertain us. If the guys are playing well, nice solo's, Ed is into it, I am satisfied. They could play Jeremy five times in row and if they rocked it, they rocked it.

Some of ya'll need to appreciate what you've got and let the ARTIST perform what they are feeling. I bet 20,000 people enjoyed hearing that set, 10,000 of them Petty fans. Maybe 500 spoiled fans were disappointed that it was not a b-side only "classic, epic" yet mostly boring show.

Thank you! I get sick when people think they need to hear a rarity to make the show good. If the song is a rarity and it's good, I'd love to hear it. But if I'd rather hear Daughter, or Alive, or Evenflow than a rarity that isn't as good. Maybe it's cause I've only seen them once...but he said it perfect. No matter what they play, as long as they are on fire, they're going to be good. They could play Last Kiss for 28 songs in a row...and I'd be fine, as long as they were into it.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    They could play Last Kiss for 28 songs in a row...and I'd be fine, as long as they were into it.
    sweet mother of mercy! I dont like to think of myself as snobbish but, yeah, I'd shoot myself!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    What the fuck do you all think Sad is? A RARE song!

Still SUCKS DICK with this short set.
  • Options
    merlin401 wrote:
    sweet mother of mercy! I dont like to think of myself as snobbish but, yeah, I'd shoot myself!

Amen! If i never hear that live it'll be allight with me!
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    i've been so pissed about pittsburgh not being up i totally forgot about this show
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I do admit that they are repeatring more songs than usual but we were so lucky from 2000 to 2005 that they changed up so many songs. Still would have been great to see Petty and PJ play on the same stage.

I have a theory why they arent playing as many different songs are per normal. I think that ed is sick of seeing the same people at every show so they arent playing as many songs to keep the 'freaks' away and a more mixed crowd.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    only 17 songs? ouch. maybe this wasn't such a good idea. ow my finger hurts from playing guitar
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    i'm jumping in the game late tonight, but looks like some good stuff. sleight of hand, i am mine, sad, last exit as an opener!? sounds good to me
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable