Bands called Pearl Jam imitators

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
Was listening to Bush and some STP the last few days.  I recall all the shit especially STP got for being PJ imitators, so it got me thinking, who else was labeled an imitator of the band outside of the obvious- CREED 

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I remember Collective Soul being mentioned too, especially the vocalizing on "Shine".
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    I feel like Days of the New was lumped in there, but they remind me more of AIC than PJ
    hrd2imgn said:
    I feel like Days of the New was lumped in there, but they remind me more of AIC than PJ
    I could see that. Their singer definitely had some Layne tendencies growling out lyrics. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hrd2imgn said:
    I could see that. Their singer definitely had some Layne tendencies growling out lyrics. 
    i think travis meeks was specifically on ed's mind when he wrote 4/20/02. just a hunch. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hrd2imgn said:
    i think travis meeks was specifically on ed's mind when he wrote 4/20/02. just a hunch. 
    Those lyrics and the way he sings them are heart wrenching.