Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Bands called Pearl Jam imitators

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of ChicagoPosts: 4,466
Was listening to Bush and some STP the last few days.  I recall all the shit especially STP got for being PJ imitators, so it got me thinking, who else was labeled an imitator of the band outside of the obvious- CREED 

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 1,082
    I remember Collective Soul being mentioned too, especially the vocalizing on "Shine".
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of ChicagoPosts: 4,466
    I feel like Days of the New was lumped in there, but they remind me more of AIC than PJ
    hrd2imgn said:
    I feel like Days of the New was lumped in there, but they remind me more of AIC than PJ
    I could see that. Their singer definitely had some Layne tendencies growling out lyrics. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 26,813
    hrd2imgn said:
    I could see that. Their singer definitely had some Layne tendencies growling out lyrics. 
    i think travis meeks was specifically on ed's mind when he wrote 4/20/02. just a hunch. 
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)

hrd2imgn said:
    i think travis meeks was specifically on ed's mind when he wrote 4/20/02. just a hunch. 
    Those lyrics and the way he sings them are heart wrenching.