Ohana Encore Weekend

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited October 2021 in The Porch
Ohana Encore Recap
News October 4 2021

Thank you to everyone who came out this weekend to Ohana Encore! The past two live music-filled weekends couldn't have been any better. Check out the recap video from this weekend. 

https://youtu.be/M8XDDbQDXVg

After spending two weekends in Dana Point, we are heartbroken to hear about the massive and highly toxic oil spill off the coast of Orange County which will impact local ecosystems and wildlife. To take action, contact your representatives to protect our coastlines from offshore drilling, or text OILSPILL to 51555 to learn how you can take action.  

---------------

Ohana Festival Encore Weekend

Due to overwhelming demand, Ohana Festival will be holding an Encore Weekend taking place Friday, October 1st - Saturday, October 2nd at Doheny State Beach in Dana Point, California. 

Pearl Jam is excited to announce that they will be headlining both nights of the 2-day Encore Weekend. The Ohana Encore Weekend marks Pearl Jam's only additional concerts for 2021. Pearl Jam's 2020 North American tour dates are expected to be rescheduled for early 2022. All tickets will be honored for the new show dates. Refunds for the 2020 North America tour are available at your point of purchase. Stay tuned to pearljam.com for the latest information. 

Public Tickets for the Encore Weekend will be on sale Friday, July 23rd at 10am PST at ohanafest.com. Ticket options include Single Day GA, Single Day VIP, 2-Day GA and 2-Day VIP.

Ten Club members current as of Sunday, July 18th are eligible for a special Ohana ticket presale. Members should check their email for the Ten Club Member presale information. 

For the full Encore Weekend lineup and other festival information, click here.

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Does anyone have any idea what VIP entails.  Pretty expensive, but considering I'm down to 10 concerts this year instead of the 20-25 that I normally average, it might be worth the splurge.  That said, the Ohana site and Front Gate Tickets suck at explaining what VIP entails.  If it's just a comfy area, but no viewing areas up against or very close to the stage, it's not really worth it.  To me, VIP is more about closeness to the stage as opposed to the availability of kale smoothies and quinoa pizza.  Anyone experience Ohana VIP and can offer some insight?  Thanks.
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    I second the above post.
    Any insight?

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    On the tickets page, see the drop down menu for info: https://www.ohanafest.com/tickets

• concertaholicshirtconcertaholicshirt Posts: 263
    edited July 2021
    Thanks to Gern for posting something substantial.  Unfortunately, it still is not very helpful.  Based on a sketch I found on the site for the first 3 nights, the VIP viewing bleachers seem to be pretty far back, but one can't really tell from a sketch.  Also, the assessment of a promoter trying to sell a $500 VIP ticket on what "prime viewing" is and my perception of what prime viewing is can be drastically different things.  Looks like I won't be going for this ticket based on the info available :cry: 
    Post edited by concertaholicshirt on
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Thanks to Gern for posting something substantial.  Unfortunately, it still is not very helpful.  Based on a sketch I found on the site for the first 3 nights, the VIP viewing bleachers seem to be pretty far back, but one can't really tell from a sketch.  Also, the assessment of a promoter trying to sell a $500 VIP ticket on what "prime viewing" is and my perception of what prime viewing is can be drastically different things.  Looks like I won't be going for this ticket based on the info available :cry: 
    My opinion from someone that has not been there but know people that have VIP is not worth it for close guaranteed viewing. You get your own entry so depending on the security there if they let you in before the general public GA. Also you have to do the time like everyone else with no section just for you.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    PJNB said:
    My opinion from someone that has not been there but know people that have VIP is not worth it for close guaranteed viewing. You get your own entry so depending on the security there if they let you in before the general public GA. Also you have to do the time like everyone else with no section just for you.
    Good info....so VIPs get no real advantage other than the VIP bleachers and air conditioned shitters
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 594
    Does anyone know what time the gates open/festival starts on Friday? 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    2 weekends in a row of PJ!!!!! 
    Great time to live in So Cal!!!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    PJNB said:
    Good info....so VIPs get no real advantage other than the VIP bleachers and air conditioned shitters
    They aren't far back, the VIP bleachers, they're just an angle from Mike's side. TONS of the VIP people come through to the GA side to get closer to the stage...so what's the purpose of the VIP? Just to be spoiled with no food lines....waste of $$ if you ask me
    PJNB said:
    They aren't far back, the VIP bleachers, they're just an angle from Mike's side. TONS of the VIP people come through to the GA side to get closer to the stage...so what's the purpose of the VIP? Just to be spoiled with no food lines....waste of $$ if you ask me
    Welcome back to the mix! Exciting to see two more shows!
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    Can I trade my 9/26 for 10/1?  Man...I just did some youtube research for all the openers for all three shows, and 9/26 appears to be a major snoozefest.  But it will all be worth it to see PJ in their first show on the West Coast in over 3 years.  
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2021
    PJNB said:
    if you want to enjoy the day and still have a decent spot for the shows you might want VIP.  if you are trying to hold down a decent spot for pj shows in GA you'll be spending at least half your day standing in a crowd at the main stage. you'll have to battle in and out for drinks, pisser, etc...  depends on what you're looking for
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Ohana21 could be greater than PJ20

dare I say the unofficial PJ30 😬

gonna be amazing
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    PJNB said:

So, we've done both VIP and regular admission. The "VIP" section is less crowded. There are shorter lines for food, bathrooms, entry, etc. When you arrive you get a swag bag with beach towel and some other things that I forget. The bleachers are much closer than the bleachers in regular admission, but they're not super-close.

The main advantage, for us, is that there are ample places to sit (shaded picnic tables) -- which is nice if you're arriving earlier in the day and are just too old to stand or sit on the ground/ in the sun for eight hours.

Are the VIP passes a "good value"? I would say, honestly, no, they aren't, as far as the extras are concerned. But since my husband and I are well past the age when we were stoked to spend the day standing packed in front of the stage with thousands of other people (ah, WOMAD...) we generally get the VIP option anyway. If we were going to just one day I'd probably get regular tickets. But if we're going for multiple days, I have to weigh the wear and tear on our bodies.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2021
    PJNB said:

So, we've done both VIP and regular admission. The "VIP" section is less crowded. There are shorter lines for food, bathrooms, entry, etc. When you arrive you get a swag bag with beach towel and some other things that I forget. The bleachers are much closer than the bleachers in regular admission, but they're not super-close.

The main advantage, for us, is that there are ample places to sit (shaded picnic tables) -- which is nice if you're arriving earlier in the day and are just too old to stand or sit on the ground/ in the sun for eight hours.

Are the VIP passes a "good value"? I would say, honestly, no, they aren't, as far as the extras are concerned. But since my husband and I are well past the age when we were stoked to spend the day standing packed in front of the stage with thousands of other people (ah, WOMAD...) we generally get the VIP option anyway. If we were going to just one day I'd probably get regular tickets. But if we're going for multiple days, I have to weigh the wear and tear on our bodies.
    this,... that field will be a shitshow
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    I enjoy VIP as I'm old and lazy, but I also spend a lot of time in GA also.  Is it worth the money? - depends as I opinions vary greatly. If you want to get it front close to the stage VIP isn't for you.  The advantages in VIP are space, shorter lines for restrooms, booze and food.  The view is not super great unless you want the VIP rail, which you will also sped some time camping out.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • BP115233BP115233 San Diego Posts: 9
    I’m so excited! Hope I can see them two weekends in a row. It’s been since 2013 since they’ve been in so cal and we’re finally getting spoiled. For some reason, I haven’t made it to Ohana before and now I’m considering going back to back!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    What are the chances of a livestream of either weekend's shows for those of us that can't make the trip out to California? 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I’m going as long as I get tickets on Tuesday. Hotel and rental vehicle booked. 
  • peacepeace Posts: 55
    Does anyone have any idea what VIP entails.  Pretty expensive, but considering I'm down to 10 concerts this year instead of the 20-25 that I normally average, it might be worth the splurge.  That said, the Ohana site and Front Gate Tickets suck at explaining what VIP entails.  If it's just a comfy area, but no viewing areas up against or very close to the stage, it's not really worth it.  To me, VIP is more about closeness to the stage as opposed to the availability of kale smoothies and quinoa pizza.  Anyone experience Ohana VIP and can offer some insight?  Thanks.
    Everyone thinks VIP gives them special access to the front. It does not. I have done VIP and other than cleaner bathrooms, color me not impressed. 
    The viewing is actually worse than GA. 

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Like others have already said, I don't think VIP looked like it was worth it when I went in 2019. Less crowded, shorter drink lines and nicer restrooms about sums it up. It was still crazy in GA for Eddie so I can't imagine what it will be like for PJ after 3 years. Fucking insane for sure. VIP would be prime viewing for the chaos of GA.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    Can we sell our VIP packages if we can’t end up going?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    So do we think we'll get at least a 2 hour set? 
    bbiggs said:
    Absolutely. I am going to say at least 2hr 30 mins for the last two shows at the very least. Also look what they did at Fenway in 2018. Without looking I think those shows were 2hrs 35 mins from band on band off and they did 28-30 songs I think. These shows are going to be fucking awesome. 
    jdopj said:
    I am not sure if they announced that the exchange will be open for the encores but if I had to guess and the killing TM is making on fees that it will be. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    Absolutely. I am going to say at least 2hr 30 mins for the last two shows at the very least. Also look what they did at Fenway in 2018. Without looking I think those shows were 2hrs 35 mins from band on band off and they did 28-30 songs I think. These shows are going to be fucking awesome. 
    Man, I hope you're right!  They just need to take the stage on time with the hard curfew.  2.5+ hours would be fantastic.

edited July 2021
    Anyone know if we cart our tickets we are good to go with a timer? I would assume as much but with Friday now sold out for the first weekend I can not test it out. 

Edit: I tested it out with another fest and appears you do have a timer. Good luck everyone! 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJNB said:
    jdopj said:
    I am not sure if they announced that the exchange will be open for the encores but if I had to guess and the killing TM is making on fees that it will be. 
    Would this also be possible with single day passes? I combed through their website and see nothing about ticket resale if can't go. I'm about 50/50 on going right now and would buy if I knew I could unload them for cost if I cant make it happen.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    PJNB said:
    jdopj said:
    Would this also be possible with single day passes? I combed through their website and see nothing about ticket resale if can't go. I'm about 50/50 on going right now and would buy if I knew I could unload them for cost if I cant make it happen.
    I would imagine that they are mailed out right? Worse case you sell to someone here and mail it to them? I am not sure about that though. My tickets are will call since I am from Canada. I see no scenario where you can not get rid of them but I am not 100% on that.