I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    dankind said:
    Big vinyl day!

No kidding!!!  And well rounded to boot!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    Big vinyl day!

Well, if we want to get technical, the cassette is neither vinyl nor round. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    Big vinyl day!

but the spools are!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 641
    dankind said:
    Big vinyl day!

You might want to check your copy. Mine sounds like shit. Pardon my French.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    dankind said:
    ^^^Just missing that Donna Summer release. 

To Discogs!
    Pm'@dankind I saw some dropping soon. Be swift.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    Big vinyl day!

Haha!
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    Big vinyl day!

but the spools are!!!

Haha X 2!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    Car has a working cassette deck. I wil be engaging those reels soon. I found a metallica garage days a while ago on rectangular plastic. It sounds phat! (Are the kids still saying that)
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    AW124797 said:

That's just how The Mars Volta sounds...

Purchased the CD at Target in 2003, listened to it once and it's been on the shelf since.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Keep striking out with the Willie Nelson. Had it in cart but disappeared. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:

So you decided to go with the AS version too.  Can you hear a difference against the one from Target?
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

So you decided to go with the AS version too.  Can you hear a difference against the one from Target?

just ran through the target. Sounds great to me. Have yet to listen to this copy. My spot had a few copies and I thought why not....

AW124797 said:

Purchased the CD at Target in 2003, listened to it once and it's been on the shelf since.
    I had the CD when it came out but sold it back to the shop pretty fast. Figured some time has passed, and I should give them another shot since so many people hold it in such high esteem and it was coming up on the subscription anyway. 

Sorry to hear it’s a lousy pressing, though. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    dankind said:
    Big vinyl day!

Nice haul.... Wu -Tang/Ministry..... Excellent choice...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

dankind said:
    AW124797 said:

I had the CD when it came out but sold it back to the shop pretty fast. Figured some time has passed, and I should give them another shot since so many people hold it in such high esteem and it was coming up on the subscription anyway. 

Sorry to hear it’s a lousy pressing, though. 
    Just finished listening to mine. Guess I got lucky because it sounds great! I gave it a coupla good cleanings first after reading your review here and others elsewhere and then resleeved it in Mofis. The included inners suck. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Attaway77 said:
    dankind said:
    Big vinyl day!

Nice haul.... Wu -Tang/Ministry..... Excellent choice...
    Can’t wait for the VMP Wu release. That album deserves some love. The pressings I’ve had have all been terrible. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

maybe sounds a little brighter? more balanced? to my ear its not too much different. idk.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

maybe sounds a little brighter? more balanced? to my ear its not too much different. idk.
    From what i remember the 2019 pressing was pretty damn good too.  
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

From what i remember the 2019 pressing was pretty damn good too.  

I thought so. my ears are tuned to listen and enjoy. not pick apart shit. so......

fuck back when snap crackle pop meant it was played a lot.... and was normal..

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    AW124797 said:
    dankind said:
    Big vinyl day!

Thanks for the heads up!  My copy is still in the mailer.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    edited July 2021

After my five RSD purchases yesterday I thought I was done for the weekend. But nope…
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    GlowGirl said:

After my five RSD purchases yesterday I thought I was done for the weekend. But nope…

used or the recentish reissue

mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

Both. From the info I got on Discogs it looks to be the 40th anniversary edition from 2015. But I bought it used. It is almost mint condition. I haven't listened to it yet so I hope it sounds good.

GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

Both. From the info I got on Discogs it looks to be the 40th anniversary edition from 2015. But I bought it used. It is almost mint condition. I haven't listened to it yet so I hope it sounds good.

nice. decent price I hope.

mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

$20.00. I thought that was good.

edited July 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

$20.00. I thought that was good.

I have the same pressing. bought new. roughly 40 I think I paid.

so yeah, I believe you did do well.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

My RSD pickups and a couple other recent purchases.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    edited July 2021
    goodwill thrift store purchases. .99 cents each

records are vg++ or nm. covers usual wear for age

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Are the speeches soundboard quality?  How is the soundstage?>

I kid, I kid.  I'd buy that in a second.