Also CONCACAF refs continue to be shit 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    That was beautiful 
    edited June 2021
    Clint is very very bad on tv
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Didn't see any of him on the pre/post-game but yeah I can't imagine he'd be great as a studio analyst.  

Nice to get the win last night.  This tournament doesn't mean anything but it's nice to get the core playing together.  It sounds like all these guys on this roster will get the rest of the summer off and let all the guys from the trash MLS play in the Gold Cup.  
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

He wasn't great. But I'm pretty sure this was his first time ever doing it. 

CBS/Paramount went with a name/personality people would recognize versus someone who would be polished on TV.
    Didn't see any of him on the pre/post-game but yeah I can't imagine he'd be great as a studio analyst.  

Nice to get the win last night.  This tournament doesn't mean anything but it's nice to get the core playing together.  It sounds like all these guys on this roster will get the rest of the summer off and let all the guys from the trash MLS play in the Gold Cup.  

Gold Cup will be heavily MLS guys mainly because Euorpean preseason will be starting up around the same time. Gold Cup is outside of any FIFA mandated release window so clubs are not obligated to release players. 
    Jumb0 said:

Gold Cup will be heavily MLS guys mainly because Euorpean preseason will be starting up around the same time. Gold Cup is outside of any FIFA mandated release window so clubs are not obligated to release players. 
    Oh yeah that tourney has turned into a joke.  Every 2 years and just a straight up CONCACAF money grab.  It would maybe have some meaning if they did it every 4 years like Euros.
    Going with a 5-2-3 tonight with Dest and Yedlin as wing backs. I’m kind of excited about that on paper. 
    I'm not excited about Tim Ream and Acosta starting in a game to lift a trophy.  With all the excitement about these young guys having club success, you kinda forgot that Berhalter is still a complete clown.
    Pretty confident we see Adams as a sub tonight. Either shifting back to a 4-3-3 if this experiment doesn’t work out or just to replace Acosta. 

I think Ream will be fine especially with a 5 man back line 
    Lol fuck 
    The Berhalter playing it out of the back strategy strikes again!  Unreal.
    It’s infuriating and despite 45 minutes of proof there will be no adjustments made. 
    Breaking news. CONCACAF refs are still shitheads. 
    What a match that was. Absolutely huge for all our young guys who have never truly experienced the rivalry. 

That was wild. A pretty awesome win. Unfortunately fell asleep between the OTs so missed the real excitement
    edited June 2021
    What a game.  No shot the USMNT of old would have come back against Mexico twice in the same game.  It obviously wasn't perfect but just seeing all these high skill guys like Pulisic, McKennie, Reyna, Dest, and Adams out there is just different from anything we've seen in the past.  The next decade with these guys is going to be a lot of fun.

For the bad, Tim Ream should never wear a US jersey again.  He has had a nice career but holy shit that was horrific last night.  He's just too slow.  He didn't have a chance on that 2nd Mexico goal.  Berhalter taking Dest out and shifting Ream to LB was beyond dumb and led directly to Mexico's 2nd goal.  And the Mexico fans are absolute trash.  Still going with the homophobic chant and throwing shit all over the field.  Although I did laugh when they hit one of their own guys in the head.  
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
    What a game.  No shot the USMNT of old would have come back against Mexico twice in the same game.  It obviously wasn't perfect but just seeing all these high skill guys like Pulisic, McKennie, Reyna, Dest, and Adams out there is just different from anything we've seen in the past.  The next decade with these guys is going to be a lot of fun.

For the bad, Tim Ream should never wear a US jersey again.  He has had a nice career but holy shit that was horrific last night.  He's just too slow.  He didn't have a chance on that 2nd Mexico goal.  Berhalter taking Dest out and shifting Ream to LB was beyond dumb and led directly to Mexico's 2nd goal.  And the Mexico fans are absolute trash.  Still going with the homophobic chant and throwing shit all over the field.  Although I did laugh when they hit one of their own guys in the head.  
    I am sure he is very tired, but Pulisic didn't have a great game, at least until the end, which I missed.  A number of great balls on set pieces, but didn't have any space whenever he had the ball.  I need to dig up video of the foul he drew to get the PK.

I haven't seen a ton of McKinnie, but damn, he doesn't seem like a big kid but he wins every header.  It's wild.

Reyna could be really really good

Mexico fans are a disgrace

I am sure he is very tired, but Pulisic didn't have a great game, at least until the end, which I missed.  A number of great balls on set pieces, but didn't have any space whenever he had the ball.  I need to dig up video of the foul he drew to get the PK.

I haven't seen a ton of McKinnie, but damn, he doesn't seem like a big kid but he wins every header.  It's wild.

Reyna could be really really good

Mexico fans are a disgrace
    Yeah, long year for Pulisic but he showed up when it really mattered and absolutely drilled the PK for the win.   McKennie is a badass...love watching him play.  And yeah, Reyna is going to be fun to watch develop....and he's only 18.  
    edited June 2021
    Man...that was fun. Loved the heart and fight out of our kids. They grew up in a hurry last night getting their first true test in CONCACAF and against Mexico. They overcame Berhalter's "system".

Huge shoutout to Horvath coming off the bench and stepping up in a big way. 

And on Pulisic, he gets 100% of the opponent's attention when playing for the US so all in all he did well last night. Great set piece delivery and obviously drawing and scoring the PK
    Post edited by Jumb0 on
    Yeah and upper 90 110 minutes in is pretty badass.  Definitely highlighted he had no space so for sure due to the attention he gets.
    Got my tickets for the Sept. 5th world cup qualifier in Nashville 
    edited September 2021
    Redemption tour starts tonight against El Salvador.

Post edited by Jumb0 on
    Tim Ream starting at CB.  Yikes.  I understand resting Brooks but there just has to be a better option than Ream at this point.
    I don’t get the channel but this doesn’t seem like an ideal start 
    Typical CONCACAF away game.  Shitty field, crazy crowd and suspect refereeing.  
    Soooooo….
    Woof.  Just a sloppy ass game.  Tyler Adams is awesome.  Gotta take care of business against Canada on Sunday.
    Typical CONCACAF away game.  Shitty field, crazy crowd and suspect refereeing.  

This. We should have beat them but at least half the bracket also drew their games. Win the next 2 and it's not a big deal (which it isn't already).

Stoked for Sunday. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    as Kornheiser said of a 0-0 draw, “what a waste of time,”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12