Sea.Hear.Now

Comments

• Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    edited July 2021
    Seriously considering grabbing my boogie board and fins and paddling up the beach. Eddie and waves for the win!
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Who I Am said:
    Seriously considering grabbing my boogie board and fins and paddling up the beach. Eddie and waves for the win!
    I swear I thought about paddling and just sitting on my board. But the water at night is scary as fuck. Plus In September , it could be rough. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited July 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    Who I Am said:
    I swear I thought about paddling and just sitting on my board. But the water at night is scary as fuck. Plus In September , it could be rough. 
    The ocean at night is legit scary.  I totally get what you are saying. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    The pics of the crowd is not appealing, even in non-covid times but the first show back is worth it.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    JH6056 said:
    I’ve heard others say 20-30k.  Here’s an image from the Twitter feed from the 2019 fest.

Even before Covid that would look like a bit of a Hellscape to me. And I went to Sea Hear Now in 2019 so I'm probably a dot in this pic.
     Now, even though I'm sure they'll figure out some way to not have it just be a dense mass of people in front, that still is a no go for me.  But I'm glad it sold out, it's outside, it's by the water so more airflow than most places. hopefully everyone will be fine. I'd love to go, but even the jumbotrons would look like ants from as far back as I'd probably end up standing so..... sure hope people post videos!
    WOW!

(Thanks for that picture)

I've never been and that gives me an idea how FAR away I'll be.

I'll probably be with the one's in the very back.

That's ok as I just want to be there.
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    cutz said:
    JH6056 said:
    I’ve heard others say 20-30k.  Here’s an image from the Twitter feed from the 2019 fest.

Even before Covid that would look like a bit of a Hellscape to me. And I went to Sea Hear Now in 2019 so I'm probably a dot in this pic.
     Now, even though I'm sure they'll figure out some way to not have it just be a dense mass of people in front, that still is a no go for me.  But I'm glad it sold out, it's outside, it's by the water so more airflow than most places. hopefully everyone will be fine. I'd love to go, but even the jumbotrons would look like ants from as far back as I'd probably end up standing so..... sure hope people post videos!
    WOW!

I was pretty far back during the Lumineers set at SHN in 2019. I couldn't see the screens well and couldn't hear them well over people around me chatting. I have tickets for SHN this year but I'm prepared to possibly not have a great experience. I stood in the middle of the crowd for PJ at Jazz Fest in 2010 and the crowd was too much for me. But at Made in America in 2012 I stood at the back of the crowd and had a great time. We'll see how this goes, I guess.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    Any restaurants nearby (probably you need to be elevated) that you can chill outside and watch the show from a roof deck or balcony?
  • Any restaurants nearby (probably you need to be elevated) that you can chill outside and watch the show from a roof deck or balcony?
    No. 
    Banjo said:
    cutz said:
    JH6056 said:

WOW!

I was pretty far back during the Lumineers set at SHN in 2019. I couldn't see the screens well and couldn't hear them well over people around me chatting. I have tickets for SHN this year but I'm prepared to possibly not have a great experience. I stood in the middle of the crowd for PJ at Jazz Fest in 2010 and the crowd was too much for me. But at Made in America in 2012 I stood at the back of the crowd and had a great time. We'll see how this goes, I guess.
    I never liked going to these types of BIG Festivals/outdoor Events with 50-90 Thousand people. But, with al the shit we've been through, I just want to be there. It helps that I live less than an hour away. I'm basically gonna roll in as close to Pearl Jam's set as possible and hope for the best.  I HOPE I can at least see the screen, but more important is that I/we can hear them. I know I'm taking that chance but, oh well.  Like you said we'll see how this goes. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:
    Banjo said:
    cutz said:
    JH6056 said:

WOW!

I never liked going to these types of BIG Festivals/outdoor Events with 50-90 Thousand people. But, with al the shit we've been through, I just want to be there. It helps that I live less than an hour away. I'm basically gonna roll in as close to Pearl Jam's set as possible and hope for the best.  I HOPE I can at least see the screen, but more important is that I/we can hear them. I know I'm taking that chance but, oh well.  Like you said we'll see how this goes. 
    I feel the same way. Not going to fight to get close.  As long as I am comfortable I don't mind being in the back.  Did the same at Made in America and had a great time.  But can't give up a chance to see/hear PJ within an hour and a half from home. Can't wait for it.
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    Banjo said:
    cutz said:
    JH6056 said:

WOW!

I feel the same way. Not going to fight to get close.  As long as I am comfortable I don't mind being in the back.  Did the same at Made in America and had a great time.  But can't give up a chance to see/hear PJ within an hour and a half from home. Can't wait for it.
    +1.  I ll also be way in the back. We all should chill together and have a beer.  :)
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    Banjo said:
    cutz said:
    JH6056 said:

WOW!

+1.  I ll also be way in the back. We all should chill together and have a beer.  :)
    Still trying to figure out how to play this.  When I thought they were playing Sunday night booked a hotel in W. Long Branch for Saturday and Sunday. Now have to decide to try to see if we can just do one night or bag the hotel and drive back to Philly burbs after the show.  Either way got  feeling that place is going to be half empty come Sunday night for the Pumpkins
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    Banjo said:
    cutz said:
    JH6056 said:

WOW!

Still trying to figure out how to play this.  When I thought they were playing Sunday night booked a hotel in W. Long Branch for Saturday and Sunday. Now have to decide to try to see if we can just do one night or bag the hotel and drive back to Philly burbs after the show.  Either way got  feeling that place is going to be half empty come Sunday night for the Pumpkins
    Tough call. You figure they ll play until 11.  Leave a song or two early and you are home by 12:30.  Stay to the end and I m guessing with traffic you ll be home 1:30/2.  Normal day ap to Philly  is an hour and a half.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    Banjo said:
    cutz said:
    JH6056 said:

WOW!

Sounds like a game plan to me.
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    Banjo said:
    cutz said:
    JH6056 said:

WOW!

Didn't realize there were so many fellow back-of-the-crowd dwellers, I usually just see the rail-or-bust guys. Looking forward to beers with the backies! hahaha
  • Banjo said:
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    Banjo said:
    cutz said:
    JH6056 said:

WOW!

Didn't realize there were so many fellow back-of-the-crowd dwellers, I usually just see the rail-or-bust guys. Looking forward to beers with the backies! hahaha

Rail or bust guy 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    edited July 2021
    I will probably be in the back as well, enjoying cocktails and the fine NJ scenery. Not sure about it yet, part of me feels like something special might happen on Saturday. Something other than that special moment when PJ takes the stage.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    I am starting to think there might be a fight for the back spots with everyone looking to hang there. This is going to be one hell of a first show and so jealous of you lucky ones going! 
    PJNB said:
    I am starting to think there might be a fight for the back spots with everyone looking to hang there. This is going to be one hell of a first show and so jealous of you lucky ones going! 
    We will have all have numbers for the back but they will start with 30,000 and count down
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    We will have all have numbers for the back but they will start with 30,000 and count down
    HAHA,

that will be good for me as I will get there as close to Pearl Jam's set as possible.

Hope there's not a cutoff number? Don't want to be SOL>LOL
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Getting a little nervous with all the Delta Variant talk lately. Gov Murphy will lock NJ back down if he feels it will be to our benefit.
    My fear is that if the news keeps getting worse the SHN Org will push to 2022 sooner than later just to be safe and minimize their financial exposure. 
    PJNB said:
    I'm lining up on Wednesday to secure my spot in the back.  
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Drdeal said:
    Getting a little nervous with all the Delta Variant talk lately. Gov Murphy will lock NJ back down if he feels it will be to our benefit.
    My fear is that if the news keeps getting worse the SHN Org will push to 2022 sooner than later just to be safe and minimize their financial exposure. 
    The people that will die or be hospitalized at this point refuse to get the vax. Not sure what another lockdown even accomplishes. It’s just delaying the inevitable. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • RSS2193RSS2193 Posts: 25
    Question for everybody: Are you able to see your tickets in your accountn when logging into your Front Gate account? I go to order history and nothing is there but I still have all the confirmation emails of purchasing the ticket and never asked for a refund with the COVID delays last year? 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    RSS2193 said:
    Question for everybody: Are you able to see your tickets in your accountn when logging into your Front Gate account? I go to order history and nothing is there but I still have all the confirmation emails of purchasing the ticket and never asked for a refund with the COVID delays last year? 
    I just checked, and I don't see them in my order history. I have the confirmation email as well. I wouldn't worry about it, unless we are in the minority (hopefully thats not the case).
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    RSS2193 said:
    I just checked, and I don't see them in my order history. I have the confirmation email as well. I wouldn't worry about it, unless we are in the minority (hopefully thats not the case).
    My order history has also disappeared.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    edited July 2021
    I’m able to see my order and tickets when I click the link in the email and log in.  

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    edited July 2021
    on2legs said:
    I’m able to see my order and tickets when I click the link in the email and log in.  

I am able to see them now by doing that.

I think I was logged into the Ohana Encore event at the time, which was possibly the issue. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    on2legs said:

I am able to see them now by doing that.

I think I was logged into the Ohana Encore event at the time, which was possibly the issue. 
    👍🏻
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    How long of a set are we expecting?
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2