Indictments incoming?

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    It doesn’t matter. Fraud, tax cheat, illegal business practices, big whoop, doesn’t matter.
    This is common practice in NY.  Fringe benefits being hidden is not a rare thing.  You could do this with most business' here.

Hoping they find bigger nuggets than this.

Sorry for the naysaying...

they got capone on tax evasion.
    Little different but I see your point.  Capone made MILLIONS and didn't pay a cent.  It was very creative how they got him and him being a murderous crime boss and all.

My point is that every company in NY does this pretty much so you could go knocking on every door and investigate and this happens.

Again I would hope that they can find bigger things on people.
    You're saying Chase,  as a practice,  provides its employees benefits that are not taxed? Not a chance in the world that's true. 
    No, I'm saying that someone like Bovis, a NY construction company, puts money in their payrolls envelopes every week.

A corporation like Chase is not putting cash in anything.  They hire people to shmooze for them.  That is why they purchase luxury boxes at sporting events.  I've been invited to many a suite to be wined and dined.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    edited July 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    It doesn’t matter. Fraud, tax cheat, illegal business practices, big whoop, doesn’t matter.
    This is common practice in NY.  Fringe benefits being hidden is not a rare thing.  You could do this with most business' here.

Little different but I see your point.  Capone made MILLIONS and didn't pay a cent.  It was very creative how they got him and him being a murderous crime boss and all.

My point is that every company in NY does this pretty much so you could go knocking on every door and investigate and this happens.

You're saying Chase,  as a practice,  provides its employees benefits that are not taxed? Not a chance in the world that's true. 
    No, I'm saying that someone like Bovis, a NY construction company, puts money in their payrolls envelopes every week.

A corporation like Chase is not putting cash in anything.  They hire people to shmooze for them.  That is why they purchase luxury boxes at sporting events.  I've been invited to many a suite to be wined and dined.
    You think chase runs the biggest retail bank in the country simply through luxury suites and schmoozing?  The vast,  vast majority of their employees are middle class essentially.  The majority of their net income is from consumer and community banking,  not investment. 

Second,  putting cash in an envelope is a crime,  no matter how often it does or doesn't happen. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Right but those people they hire receive a W-2.  Trump was skipping the taxman completely.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

You think chase runs the biggest retail bank in the country simply through luxury suites and schmoozing?  The vast,  vast majority of their employees are middle class essentially.  The majority of their net income is from consumer and community banking,  not investment. 

Second,  putting cash in an envelope is a crime,  no matter how often it does or doesn't happen. 
    No, I don't.  I was giving you examples on how things like this happen all the time though. 

The envelope w cash is a common practice here in NY.  Trying to tell you this whether it's illegal or not.

Again it's not as large a scale as what Trump has been doing but it still happens to this day.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I would assume there are bigger things than what was in the first indictment and that would likely depend on some folks providing info (flipping). Seeing as how this small family business operates similar to the mafia, it's probably making things difficult. 

When you're talking about the same organization that ran a fraudulent charity and fraudulent university, it's not a stretch to imagine them breaking the law in a more egregious manner here. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I would assume there are bigger things than what was in the first indictment and that would likely depend on some folks providing info (flipping). Seeing as how this small family business operates similar to the mafia, it's probably making things difficult. 

When you're talking about the same organization that ran a fraudulent charity and fraudulent university, it's not a stretch to imagine them breaking the law in a more egregious manner here. 
    Mar a Lago I think is one big sham.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

No, I don't.  I was giving you examples on how things like this happen all the time though. 

The envelope w cash is a common practice here in NY.  Trying to tell you this whether it's illegal or not.

Again it's not as large a scale as what Trump has been doing but it still happens to this day.
    I believe it does happen.  But it's sort of like the Dapper Don back in the 80's and 90's.  His mouth and flamboyant style put a target on his bank.  Same thing Trump does today.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Weisenberg is definitely in deep shit. He will have to flip at some point.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I believe it does happen.  But it's sort of like the Dapper Don back in the 80's and 90's.  His mouth and flamboyant style put a target on his bank.  Same thing Trump does today.  
    Are u thinking of Teflon Don? As in Don Gotti?  If so I totally agree.  He was a very brazen individual.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Are u thinking of Teflon Don? As in Don Gotti?  If so I totally agree.  He was a very brazen individual.
    John Gotti, yeah.  He was the Teflon Don and the Dapper Don.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Is it finally Hunter Biden's turn? I mean they did find his laptops, right? Maybe its Dominion's turn? That fraudet in Arizona is going along swimmingly. Maybe today's the day they kick in Hillary's door and drag her forth to face the music? Right? Its been 5 years already. And Bull Durham is still working away on those block buster revelations. What's taking so long?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited July 2021
    Oh look! An indictment! Unfortunately, not anyone associated with Hillary, Obama or the Bidens. Sigh. Only the best people folks, only the best. Ambassador to Mexico? bahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaaha! Sucker. Does anyone remember 666 Fifth Avenue? Sure you do. Oh, Jared? Jared Dear Boy, where are you Jared?

Thomas Barrack, Trump ally who chaired inaugural committee, indicted in foreign lobbying case

NEW YORK — Thomas J. Barrack, a longtime friend to former president Donald Trump and a billionaire businessman, was arrested on Tuesday for violating foreign lobbying laws, obstructing justice and making false statements, officials said Tuesday.

Barrack, whose primary residence is in Los Angeles, was taken into custody in California and indicted on foreign lobbying charges related to his dealings with the United Arab Emirates, according to an indictment unsealed Tuesday afternoon.

He and two other defendants are accused of acting and conspiring to act as agents of the UAE between April 2016 and April 2018. Officials also alleged that Barrack lied to FBI agents in 2019 during an interview about his dealings with the UAE. He did not immediately return a request for comment Tuesday.

A real estate titan who became wealthy buying out-of-favor assets, Barrack was one of Trump's closest associates during the campaign and in office, regularly speaking to the former president, visiting him and channeling him to others, including business officials and leaders in foreign countries.

He chaired Trump’s inaugural committee, which also faced federal investigation for its spending and activities, and at one point was considered as a candidate to become ambassador to Mexico.

Barrack joins a long list of friends, campaign associates and other Trump advisers who have faced criminal charges, including his former campaign chairman; the chief financial officer at his company; the former Trump Organization lawyer; Trump’s former White House strategist; and his former national security adviser.

Trump later pardoned some of those figures.

Federal prosecutors say Barrack capitalized on his friendship with and access to Trump and other high-ranking and government officials, and his relationships with U.S. journalists, to “advance the policy goals of a foreign government without disclosing their true alliances.”

On a number of occasions, the Justcie Department alleged, Barrack pushed the interests of the UAE to the Trump administration without disclosing that he was working on the country’s behalf.

Barrack helped rescue Trump's business empire decades ago and was a top fundraiser for his campaign, though he declined to enter the administration. He was also a regular adviser on the Middle East, jetting through the region and talking with royalty and leaders, and sought to make Trump more interested in the topic.

The real estate scion grew frustrated with some of Trump’s conduct in office and has told others his advice regularly went unheeded. He tried to convince Trump to agree to an orderly transition but failed, The Washington Post has reported.

Thomas Barrack, Trump ally, indicted over UAE lobbying - The Washington Post

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    making false statements can apply to pretty much anybody in the trumpoverse.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Has it happened yet?

Brilliantati©
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, dots.

4 flaws in Trump’s fight to hang on to his tax returns

The former president’s lawyer calls the Justice Department’s order ‘outrageous’ and something he’s ‘never seen.’ It isn’t, and we have.

On Friday, the Justice Department ordered the Internal Revenue Service to hand over former president Donald Trump’s tax returns to Congress. On Monday, Ronald Fischetti, a lawyer for Trump, said that Trump intends to fight the order.

“There is no evidence of any wrongdoing here and I object to the release of the returns not only on behalf of my client but on behalf of all future holders of the office of the president of the United States,” Fischetti said in statement. He added that “this politicization and harassment of Mr. Trump is uncalled for and outrageous” and that he had “never seen anything like this.”

It was a short statement, but it managed to expose what amounts to four holes in Trump’s defense.

First, there is considerable evidence of wrongdoing. The Trump Organization — a closely held company run by Trump himself and his family members — was recently indicted on charges of tax fraud. Prosecutors described a 15-year tax avoidance scheme “constituting a systematic ongoing course of conduct with intent to defraud.” The 15 counts included falsification of records.

And this has to sting:

With the kind of hyperbole typical of Trump and his lawyers, Fischetti said he had “never seen anything like” Congress’s request for Trump’s returns. Perhaps someone should tell Fischetti that Hillary Clinton voluntarily made all of her tax records available when she was hounded for years by (false) allegations of financial wrongdoing, beginning in the 1990s when the Clintons were accused of participating in a fraudulent real estate deal known as Whitewater. The Clintons complied with every request — and in the end, no evidence was found that they had engaged in any financial wrongdoing.

Nixon and the Clintons voluntarily made their financial records public when they were questioned because innocent people are not afraid to testify or show such records.

Yea, but same-same.

Continues......................

4 flaws in Trump’s fight to hang on to his tax returns - The Washington Post

Brilliantati©

Brilliantati©
    Prepare yourself for a Rolls appearance. Bull Durham has lifted many stones.

Brilliantati©

Brilliantati©
  • So, Bull Durham issues one indictment on the final day of the statute of limitations against an attorney who happened to work at a law firm that did work for the Clinton campaign for lying to the FBI about whether he “represented” a computer expert who told the FBI there was internet activity between a POOTWH Organization server and a Russia, Russia, Russia bank connected to Putin on the ritz but told congress under oath that he had “represented” someone? That’s it? After 5 years of investigating the origins of the Russia, Russia, Russia collusion? Why, this is as troubling as unmasking! More fruit from the poisonous tree! Hillary, Obama and the Biden’s will all be indicted! Anyone fiscally conservative that can tell us how much Bull Durham has spent to date? Anyone?

Get ready for the second coming!!!

Brilliantati©
    Womp Womp...this thing lasted LONGER than the Mueller investigation and has produced basically nothing of significance. Sad.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Hell yeah. Durham stomping steel toe style down on the hairless scrotum of a Clinton piece.  Pogo on that chin weight John!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited September 2021
    Hell yeah. Durham stomping steel toe style down on the hairless scrotum of a Clinton piece.  Pogo on that chin weight John!
    This you?
  • Hell yeah. Durham stomping steel toe style down on the hairless scrotum of a Clinton piece.  Pogo on that chin weight John!
    Let me know how you feel when President Biden pardons him. You realize Mikey Flynn Baby was charged with the same crime, right? Sure you do, sure you do. Don’t trip.

Brilliantati©
  • Hell yeah. Durham stomping steel toe style down on the hairless scrotum of a Clinton piece.  Pogo on that chin weight John!
    This you?
    The fact that this is in a Walmart parking lot just makes my day.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I guess ya gotta take the wins where ever they come, no matter how miniscule. 

Sussmann is only the second defendant in the two-and-a-half-year investigation of special counsel John Durham, which previously inspired Donald Trump and his supporters to believe a takedown of the FBI was coming for its actions investigating Trump and Russia.
    But that hasn't materialized. Instead, the cases Durham has brought, both false statement charges, have focused on peripheral characters flubbing details that would not have altered the main focus of the Russia investigation, which ended in the convictions of six Trump advisers and found the Trump campaign had welcomed and exploited Russia's 2016 election interference.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This is a joke right? Durham set out to investigate wrong doing by the FBI and he determined that the FBI was a victim of a crime instead.  Great job.  What a victory. 
    This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Bull Durham, the guy who was going to bust it all open. All of it. Indictments for Hillary, Obama, Biden and all of that fruit from the poisonous tree. Brilliant, brilliance in all its brilliancy. Sorry, that Bull ain’t got no horns, no snort but a ton of shit. Donate now to pursue justice! PM me for payment details.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/durham-s-sussman-indictment-bizarre-coda-doj-s-russia-investigation-n1279490

Brilliantati©
  • Seems likely more will be forthcoming. You'd think they would have invested in a shredder.

New York Prosecutors Find New Evidence in Trump Org Case

Prosecutors have discovered a tranche of evidence in the basement of a co-conspirator in the Trump Organization tax fraud case, a defense lawyer for indicted chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg revealed in court on Monday, with the attorney also signaling that more shoes are yet to drop in New York’s ongoing investigation.

“We have strong reason to believe there could be other indictments coming,” Weisselberg’s lawyer, Bryan C. Skarlatos, said in Manhattan criminal court on Monday.

Skarlatos also referenced a private conversation that Weisselberg—along with his defense lawyers and prosecutors—had with the judge before proceedings were open to the public, revealing that prosecutors had discovered tax documents related to Donald Trump’s company in the basement of an unnamed co-conspirator.

New York Prosecutors Find New Evidence in Trump Org Case (msn.com)

Brilliantati©
  • Nothing to see here, move on. Overturn the election results and install POOTWH.

Longtime GOP operatives charged with funneling Russian national’s money to Trump, RNC

Jesse Benton and Doug Wead pleaded not guilty to six felony charges, including facilitating a campaign contribution by a foreign national.

Two veteran Republican campaign operatives — including one who got a pardon from then-President Donald Trump one month before he left office — are charged in a new federal indictment with funneling $25,000 from a Russian national into the Trump campaign in 2016.

Jesse Benton, 43, and Doug Wead, 75, made brief appearances Monday at a video hearing in U.S. District Court in Washington, pleading not guilty to six felony charges including facilitating a campaign contribution by a foreign national, acting as a straw donor and causing the filing of false campaign finance reports.

The grand jury indictment alleges that Benton and Wead worked together to accept $100,000 from an unidentified Russian national in order to get the foreigner a meeting with then-candidate Trump at a fundraiser in Philadelphia on Sept. 22, 2016.

Neither Trump nor his campaign are mentioned by name in the indictment, but details in the 19-page document make clear that the scheme involved seeking the donation in connection with the Trump event and an opportunity to get face to face with him.

For example, the indictment’s reference to a $25,000 donation on Oct. 27, 2016, to a political committee by Benton — allegedly to cover up the foreign source of the money — lines up with a donation of the same size and date to Trump’s political committee attributed to a “Jesse Bentor,” which prosecutors said is a garbling of Benton’s name.

Benton, a veteran of Kentucky and presidential politics, had previously faced federal campaign finance charges for payments to a key Iowa state lawmaker who switched endorsements from Michelle Bachman to Ron Paul in the 2012 presidential GOP primary. Trump, just before leaving office, pardoned Benton for the crimes he was convicted of. Benton is also an in-law and former adviser to Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who is Ron Paul’s son. Benton previously led Sen. Mitch McConnell’s 2014 reelection campaign before stepping down amid legal scrutiny.

Longtime GOP operatives charged with funneling Russian national’s money to Trump, RNC - POLITICO

Moscow Mitchy Baby and Randy Paul, can they be far behind? How's that aluminum smelter doing, eh boys?

“There was no collusion.”

“I don’t know any Russians.”

“I have nothing to hide.”

“I’ll sit down and talk to anyone.”

“We do everything by the book.”

“Only the guilty plea the fifth.”

“Very legal, very cool.”

“Fully exonerated.”

“Essentially no obstruction.”

“Very friendly and totally appropriate.”

“No quid pro quo.”

“Imminent threat.”

“I thought he was Israeli.”

Follow the damn money, from Russia with love and a PTape, all the way to impeachment 2Xs.

Brilliantati©