target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

my app still shows 6 available.

where did yours ship from?
    Pissing me off. Hasn't shipped yet.  

18.99???  

yeah man.

2 left

Are you sure it's teh acoustic sound series one?  When I click the link to my order, I go here.

https://www.target.com/p/oliver-nelson---the-blues-and-abstract-truth--verve-acoustic-sounds-series---lp---vinyl-/-/A-82778591

The 18.99 one is here.  https://www.target.com/p/oliver-nelson-the-blues-and-the-abstract-truth-lp-vinyl/-/A-82516760#lnk=sametab
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?

target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

18.99???  

yeah man.

2 left

Are you sure it's teh acoustic sound series one?  When I click the link to my order, I go here.

https://www.target.com/p/oliver-nelson---the-blues-and-abstract-truth--verve-acoustic-sounds-series---lp---vinyl-/-/A-82778591

The 18.99 one is here.  https://www.target.com/p/oliver-nelson-the-blues-and-the-abstract-truth-lp-vinyl/-/A-82516760#lnk=sametab

its not. 2019 reissue
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Got mine today too.  Love how acousticsounds packages up their LPs. 

.......soooooooooo good!
    Makes you want to buy every release for this series :lol:
    I'm trying like hell!!!! :o  Just don't tell my wife!!! =)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?

target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

18.99???  

yeah man.

2 left

its not. 2019 reissue
    Ah okay.  Makes sense.  I'm still waiting for mine.  Getting impatient though. Fortunately Moline just arrived. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

.......soooooooooo good!
    Haha. Do you have the Sonny Rollins?  If so how is it
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Picked up this little gem today.  I'm fascinated by all things Ace of Hearts indie label.

Neats Vinyl LP Album Stereo album cover

Neats ‎– Neats

Label:
    Ace Of Hearts Records ‎– AHS 10019
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

And look  what showed up lickety split!

The Blues And The Abstract Truth Vinyl LP Album Reissue Stereo album cover

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027

.......soooooooooo good!
    Haha. Do you have the Sonny Rollins?  If so how is it
    Sure do! It sounds fantastic, no issues with my copy! Great tunes! Highly recommended!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

A little all over the place musically this week. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    DC29940 said:

Elliott Smith, nice.
    There's a really fine book on Elliott if you run into a copy some time:
    ELLIOTT SMITH AND THE BIG NOTHING by  Benjamin Nugent - First Edition - 2004 - from Champ  Mabel Collectibles SKU H11861

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    WOW!  Get this album NOW!!!!!!!

Incredible sounding album and players........a must have!!!!!

Here's a link with a description.........only one I could find with a decent description.  I grabbed my copy from Amazon.

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/products/oliver-nelson-blues-and-the-abstract-truth-verve-acoustic-sounds-series-lp

The Blues Abstract Truth  (Verve Acoustic Sound Series)

I don't normally jump on things like this right away.   I have to watch my spending and usually take a day or two to think it over.  But when I saw your post, saw the lineup here (!), read a few review, and notices the 25% discount offer, I went for it.  This looks terrific!  Thanks for the heads up!
    Anytime Brian!  Glad I could help!!

Now that I've had a chance to sit down and immerse myself in this album beginning-to-end, I'm simply blown away!  Everybody is great on this, the arrangements are tops, the ensemble playing is killer, and the solos are terrific. 
    One of the things that really jumps out here for me are the Eric Dolphy solos. I've always like Dolphy of course but what's really cool on this is that here is Dolphy, playing these solos that really stand out because he was so unique (I know, redundant but, wow!) in his playing and yet his solos also fit in quite nicely with this group who, as a whole, are playing closer to a more standard form of jazz than a lot of Dolphy's own stuff usually is.  His solos jump out and are so amazing and exciting and yet don't feel out of place.  And Oliver Nelson too stretches out beyond his typical playing and all the others here are fantastic! 
    Damn, what a cool album!  So glad you clued me to this one, man!

The Blues And The Abstract Truth Vinyl LP Album Reissue Stereo album cover

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?

target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

18.99???  

yeah man.

2 left

its not. 2019 reissue
    Ah okay.  Makes sense.  I'm still waiting for mine.  Getting impatient though. Fortunately Moline just arrived. 
    what day did your moline actually get picked up?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?

target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

18.99???  

yeah man.

2 left

its not. 2019 reissue

You mean the difference between Moline notice of shipping and the actual ship? Probably 10 ten days. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?

target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

18.99???  

yeah man.

2 left

its not. 2019 reissue

You mean the difference between Moline notice of shipping and the actual ship? Probably 10 ten days. 

the date ups picked it up.

I noted the tracking looking through my order page. June 7th....
    notified by ship station it "shipped" on the 21st or so....
    picked up on july 1st

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived today

Target or AS?

target.
    18.99 plus shipping etc.

18.99???  

yeah man.

2 left

its not. 2019 reissue

the date ups picked it up.

I noted the tracking looking through my order page. June 7th....
    notified by ship station it "shipped" on the 21st or so....
    picked up on july 1st
    I think we’re saying the same thing.  I got a tracking number about ten days before it was in UPS hands.  Probably delivered a week or so after that.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Picked up a bunch of stuff while on vacation. Game home to Third Man Vault 48 at the door. Great package, and shipped well also  ;)
    MedozK said:
    Picked up a bunch of stuff while on vacation. Game home to Third Man Vault 48 at the door. Great package, and shipped well also  ;)

Welcome back!
    I love it when a package arrives and you look at and say, "That baby's well packaged, n-i-i-i-i-i-ce!"

• H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Does anyone here have this set? Packaging looks kinda corny but someone’s selling a used one near me and I’m tempted…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-Grunge-VINYL-Various/dp/B08H58B47Y
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    Does anyone here have this set? Packaging looks kinda corny but someone’s selling a used one near me and I’m tempted…

Has to be a bootleg.  Probably using radio broadcasts or something. 
    Got a couple of live grunge vinyl for you right here:
    onn Vinyl Goop - Walmartcom - WalmartcomOld dirty vinyl album Dirty old record album on ground  CanStock

mrussel1 said:

Has to be a bootleg.  Probably using radio broadcasts or something. 

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    DC29940 said:

Don't sleep on Hall & Oates.  They were HUGE rock stars back in the day and the production on that record is off the chain.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491

RSD picture disc

I've gotten several of the other pic disc and IMO they all sound really great and they look cool too! 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Ordered the Acoustic Sounds version off Amazon. Should be here the 16th. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:

So good!!!

Question for jazz fans:  Besides the above, the only records I have with Eric Dolphy are Out to Lunch (one of his best, they say) and At the Five Spot Vol 1 (very good but not my favorite).  Any other Dolphy's you would consider great or even essential?

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    brianlux said:
    pjpjpaul said:

So good!!!

Question for jazz fans:  Besides the above, the only records I have with Eric Dolphy are Out to Lunch (one of his best, they say) and At the Five Spot Vol 1 (very good but not my favorite).  Any other Dolphy's you would consider great or even essential?
    Outward Bound and Far Cry
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    ones without a price were a buck each

pjpjpaul said:
    brianlux said:
    pjpjpaul said:

So good!!!

Outward Bound and Far Cry
    Will check them out, thanks!
    mickeyrat said:
    ones without a price were a buck each

A buck for a mono Aftermath?!  Have seen a deal like that in 500 years!

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

After Rough Trade cancelled my order, this aqua vinyl edition arrived today from a different seller. I’m looking forward to spinning it. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

GlowGirl said:

After Rough Trade cancelled my order, this aqua vinyl edition arrived today from a different seller. I’m looking forward to spinning it. 

Great band!  The show of theirs I went to is the only time I was almost dead certain a riot was going to break out.  The violent vibe in the air was as thick as smoke in a backroom poker game.  I enjoyed the show immensely from the back of the small club.