2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,379
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    If Irving stays out of the rest of series, the coin turns on the other side..
    And then it’s a free ride to the Finals for your Bucks! Remember, “no chance” for the Sixers!
     :) 
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    This whole playoff run has been crayyyy zheee...

Suns over the Clips, Hawks over the Sixers?

Madness I tell you.

Imagine a game of small ball in the finals w Phx vs ATL?!?  I'd enjoy that actually.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,432
    edited June 2021
    My son has been a ride or die Suns fan since the Steve Nash days. He has had some pretty dry times as a Suns fan over the years, so it is fun watching him so excited this year.
    My son has been a ride or die Suns fan since the Steve Nash days. He has had some pretty dry times as a Suns fan over the years, so it is fun watching him so excited this year.
    Got to see them play in 08 when Shaq was on the team.  He was sooooo slow to get back on the other side of the court it was ridiculous.

Good team w Amare and Nash.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    And then it’s a free ride to the Finals for your Bucks! Remember, “no chance” for the Sixers!
    Yeah, good call on that one. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    Well...I mean they did have a chance if their all star point guard wouldn't have melted right in front of our eyes. lol

I don't even know who I'm gonna root for. Probably won't even watch.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    Well...I mean they did have a chance if their all star point guard wouldn't have melted right in front of our eyes. lol

Deven Booker has been an absolute pleasure to watch.  I've heard PHX fans rumbling about him.  Dude is good.
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Deven Booker has been an absolute pleasure to watch.  I've heard PHX fans rumbling about him.  Dude is good.
    I meant the ECF, but overall, yeah I guess Phoenix. Huge Bridges fan....of course the Sixers fucked that up too. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I wouldn't get Simmons on my team (Panathinaikos), even for free..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Philly fans.  Talk of the day is moving Simmons.  A bunch of us have said this for years now considering he doesn't have a shot.  The rest of his play made up for that was the argument.

How does one feel about it now?  

Can he even be developed anymore at this point?  Could he be a Siakm and work on the shooting and become the beast he should or is he a drive only kind of guy?

It's a shame because he can ball but I don't want him with the ball.

Thoughts?
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    Philly fans.  Talk of the day is moving Simmons.  A bunch of us have said this for years now considering he doesn't have a shot.  The rest of his play made up for that was the argument.

How does one feel about it now?  

Can he even be developed anymore at this point?  Could he be a Siakm and work on the shooting and become the beast he should or is he a drive only kind of guy?

It's a shame because he can ball but I don't want him with the ball.

Thoughts?
    He needs to see a therapist in whatever bum-ass city he ends up in. 
    My prayers for Giannis..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    My prayers for Giannis..
    Too many injuries on the big names these past few years.

Lebron, Kyrie, Steph, Klay, Durant, Harden, Giannis, Oladipo, Wall, Unicorn.  Anybody I missed?
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

8 years took Giannis from Sepolia to NBA finals!!
    Congratulations my boy!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Phx looks really good.

I take them in 6.
    Anyone following the Rachel Nichols story?

I don't think what she said was bad.  She even called out ESPN for having a shitty record on diversity.

I know she has done a lot for other reporters coming up so let's see what happens.
    Phx looks really good.

I take them in 6.
    I got them in 6 too. Really hoping the Bucks can win a couple....but not too sure about that though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited July 2021

I don't think what she said was bad.  She even called out ESPN for having a shitty record on diversity.

I know she has done a lot for other reporters coming up so let's see what happens.
    I think the fact that Maria Taylor is younger and hotter had more to do with her getting the job than with her being a minority. There's a reason why her legs are always on full display on studio shows, whereas Chuck, Kenny and the guys on TNT are still sitting behind that ol' traditional big ass table...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152

I think the fact that Maria Taylor is younger and hotter had more to do with her getting the job than with her being a minority. There's a reason why her legs are always on full display on studio shows, whereas Chuck, Kenny and the guys on TNT are still sitting behind that ol' traditional big ass table...
    Yep.
    They didn't replace 2004 Rachel Nichols with Maria Taylor, they replaced 2020 Rachel.
    An ageism claim seems more valid than a racism claim.
    This weekend we rock Portland

Poncier said:

Yep.
    They didn't replace 2004 Rachel Nichols with Maria Taylor, they replaced 2020 Rachel.
    Rachel Nichols knows her stuff too.  Where she is is well deserved.  She was one of the few announcers that was big on Luka Doncic before anyone.

ESPN has been making changes and cleaning house and some of it I don't like.  There are newer people that I just can't stand like Mina and Pablo.  Golic jr I can only take so much of also.  But you let go Kenny Mayne and Lebetard and keep dinosaur Chris Berman?  

Berman had his time but didn't age as well as Marv Albert.
    Poncier said:

Yep.
    For the record, I still would replace 2004 Rachel with 2021 Maria.

Hey oh. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

Yep.

Hey oh. 
    lol.  On looks or merit?  Rachel I think is much better than Maria at the profession.
    edited July 2021
    Poncier said:

Yep.

Hey oh. 
    lol.  On looks or merit?  Rachel I think is much better than Maria at the profession.
    Legs. 

I don't value the opinions of most of these people regardless of gender. Just give me something to look at. lol

HAVING SAID THAT...I do think Maria is underrated and pretty good at what she does. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

Yep.

Hey oh. 
    Legs. 

Legs for sure, but lips and that 2004 auburn hair....I know who I'd choose to have not be able to whistle while she works...

Children, the both of you, lol.
    Children, the both of you, lol.
    Ha, no denial from me.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395

I thought Maria Taylor was good doing sideline reporting so I'm not surprised of her rise up the ranks.

Rachel Nichols annoyed me(for some reason)
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    This is the first I heard about what Rose said:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/25/jalen-rose-thinks-kevin-love-doesnt-deserve-team-usa-roster-spot/

Jalen Rose: Kevin Love made Olympics because of white ‘tokenism’

Jalen Rose is upset with Team USA.

Following the announcement that Kevin Love will join the 12-man roster for the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Rose said the Cavaliers veteran doesn’t deserve a spot on Team USA.

“Kevin Love is on the team because of tokenism,” the former NBA star, who has the Renaissance Man column and podcast host for The Post – said on his “Jalen & Jacoby” podcast Thursday. “Don’t be scared to make an all-Black team representing the United States of America. I’m disappointed by that.”

Rose backed his comments by pointing out Love’s lackluster season in Cleveland.

“Anybody that watched the league this year knows Kevin Love did not have a stellar season, was not the best player on his team and did not necessarily deserve to be on this squad,” he said.

Love played in just 25 games this season and averaged 12.2 points, 7.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists.

At one point, his future in Cleveland — where he won a championship with LeBron James in 2016 — was in question. During the regular season, Love appeared visibly frustrated with the team and its young core. The 32-year-old just finished the second year of a four-year, $120 million contract extension with the Cavs, who are in the midst of a major rebuild. 

“I’m not going to take him off the squad and not put somebody else on it,” Rose continued, before campaigning for who he thinks should take Love’s Team USA roster spot.

“I’m gonna to tell you who’s spot that should be. That should be a young man that was born in the Bahamas, is a McDonald’s All-American, played in high school and college in Phoenix Arizona. Deandre Ayton should have Kevin Love’s spot and I’m disappointed in Team USA for not having the courage to send an all Black team to the Olympics.”

Ayton, who turns 24 in July, has no Olympic experience, but has had an incredible season in Phoenix, which currently has a 2-1 lead over the Clippers in the Western Conference Finals.

Love, on the other hand, has championship and Olympic experience. He helped Team USA win gold during the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Love was not part of Team USA’s roster in Rio during the 2016 Summer Olympics, all of whom were black.

Yeah that's about 2 weeks old...Rose really got his back up when it was pointed out he US sent an all black team to the Olympics in 2016, 2008, 2004, 2000....