12346»

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    I just did the pool noodles hack this weekend. Worked out well. I think it was something like 13.5”-14” strips. 

assume you cut lengthwise. what was that dimension?
    Nah, I just used the whole circumference of the noodle. 

so do the records stick out from the front some?

I wonder if you slit the noodle lengthwise once it would fit over the back of shelf providing both top and bottom support?
    Records don’t stick out at all. I feel like cutting it lengthwise might weaken the tension. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,796
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    I just did the pool noodles hack this weekend. Worked out well. I think it was something like 13.5”-14” strips. 

assume you cut lengthwise. what was that dimension?
    Nah, I just used the whole circumference of the noodle. 

so do the records stick out from the front some?

I wonder if you slit the noodle lengthwise once it would fit over the back of shelf providing both top and bottom support?
    Records don’t stick out at all. I feel like cutting it lengthwise might weaken the tension. 

right on. I like the removable nature of the noodles , since Ikea give you a year to return. I may end up returning after I get off my ass and build bins.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    edited June 2021
    I'm pretty happy with my new 4x2 shelf (as I had filled up my 4x4 shelf).  This should keep me going for a few years.    I'm pretty sure if I move my little Rolling Stones Seattle 2019 poster to a spot on the opposite wall that I can squeeze in 4x1 Kallax, but that's a problem for a few years down the road.

I haven't bothered to put backing on the shelves.  Sure it's a little annoying when they push back to far, but not annoying enough I bother to do something about it :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mickeyrat said:
    curious, finally getting around to sorting my shit. Am faced with a cataloging decision, do I do alphabetical all the way regardless of music type or seperate it out between rock A-Z , Jazz A-Z section, soundtracks, comedy A-Z etc.....?

What do you all do?
    I have one section for PJ/PJ related by A-Z then by release date. And one section everything else. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402

Recently purchased a new storage setup. Should have plenty of room to expand the collection for a while. Very happy with it.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Beautiful!
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040

Recently purchased a new storage setup. Should have plenty of room to expand the collection for a while. Very happy with it.
    That looks amazing! What record shelves are those?  I love the color.  
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,349

Beautiful setup but the sunlight coming through the back of your shelving onto your records is making me twitch. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883

Those look really nice. I can't have my records near the floor or my cat would scratch the hell out of them. I learned that the hard way. They are on high shelves now. I have that same lamp in my bedroom - West Elm?

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    BIGDaddyWil - I found the units on Facebook Marketplace. The person said they originally came from Room & Board.

Guy Dudebro - The sunlight exposure is minimal. Records probably will get cancer before being damaged.

GlowGirl - Lamps came from West Elm. My cat is too fat and lazy to have any interest in records. My toddler leaves they alone as well. For the his first three years I had my old storage unit surrounded by an expanded baby gate.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Nice set up! My cat likes to occasionally lick the plastic protective covers of my records near the floor for some reason. No chewing observed as of yet. Lol. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883
    Nice set up! My cat likes to occasionally lick the plastic protective covers of my records near the floor for some reason. No chewing observed as of yet. Lol. 
    My cat didn’t chew them. He scratched some of the spines. Most of the ones he ruined I was able to replace by buying copies at flea markets for cheap and then swapping out the record. He really ruined about 10 album covers and luckily nothing hard to replace.  But now they are up on a high shelf.