The Golf Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mrussel1 said:
    83 today. Folks, your Juggler is DIALED IN. Got the handicap down to a 15 too. Onward, upward. 
    Frickin’ awesome.   What part of the game needs the most help to break 80?  Typical 100 yards and in?
    I'm relatively good 100 yards in. Putting is good too. Same thing as usual---inconsistent with the driver. Although that has improved a lot in recent weeks. 
    That's what it is for me too. If I'm in the fairway to start,  bogey is the worst I'll do, and I'll par 50+%.  

I say that but I just joined a club with very difficult greens.  So maybe not 50% until I figure this course out.
    Yeah, I hear you. Distance has always been a bit of a problem for me too. But If I'm fairway or just off, I can usually par or bogey. 

It's really amazing to see such a clean scorecard at the end of the round. lol. Granted, this course and the one I shot an 83 on are two of the easier one's we play around here but, fuck it, I don't care. I think I'm just gonna play them more often to get that coveted 79. Playing a more difficult one on Saturday though so we'll see how that goes .
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    83 today. Folks, your Juggler is DIALED IN. Got the handicap down to a 15 too. Onward, upward. 
    Frickin’ awesome.   What part of the game needs the most help to break 80?  Typical 100 yards and in?
    I'm relatively good 100 yards in. Putting is good too. Same thing as usual---inconsistent with the driver. Although that has improved a lot in recent weeks. 
    That's what it is for me too. If I'm in the fairway to start,  bogey is the worst I'll do, and I'll par 50+%.  

I say that but I just joined a club with very difficult greens.  So maybe not 50% until I figure this course out.
    Yeah, I hear you. Distance has always been a bit of a problem for me too. But If I'm fairway or just off, I can usually par or bogey. 

It's really amazing to see such a clean scorecard at the end of the round. lol. Granted, this course and the one I shot an 83 on are two of the easier one's we play around here but, fuck it, I don't care. I think I'm just gonna play them more often to get that coveted 79. Playing a more difficult one on Saturday though so we'll see how that goes .
    I'm the opposite here.  I can still drive the ball well.  I average 270 or so and can break 300 with the right conditions. I try to play 6500. But I'm long and crooked!  I played with someone at 6000 a few months ago and I felt like a pro. It's a whole different game when you do driver - wedge.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I played 6700 this past Saturday.  Shot a 91. Could have been a good 6-7 shots better based on putts and chips.  Was ugly around the green but hit the ball as well as I have in a long time.  Lost 1 ball on the only truly horrendous shot. 
    I played 6700 this past Saturday.  Shot a 91. Could have been a good 6-7 shots better based on putts and chips.  Was ugly around the green but hit the ball as well as I have in a long time.  Lost 1 ball on the only truly horrendous shot. 
    6700 is not joke.  That means a 200+ par 3?  Those are the toughest.  550 par 5?  NBD.  430 Par 4 are manageable too.  It's the long par 3s that get me.  Right between clubs. 
    There was a par 3 just under 200. There was a par 5 playing almost 600. Definitely a couple par 4s in the 430-450 range
    There was a par 3 just under 200. There was a par 5 playing almost 600. Definitely a couple par 4s in the 430-450 range
    I hit a 4 iron around 195 to 200. Anything longer than that and I'm breaking out long clubs. Shit goes sideways from there. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    We usually play one up from the tips....blue/silver tees.  Usually around 5,900-6,200 at most courses we play in the area which matches up with the general skill level of our group of golfers.  

Lessons are finally starting to pay off.  Was an extremely frustrating process at first.....had 50 things going through my head every time I stepped up to the ball and was just trying to do too much.  I definitely got worse before I started getting better.  Ball striking has become so much more consistent.  Now I just need to learn how to hit my driver one of these days!  Have still been sticking with the utility 3 iron off the tee.....hard to go away from it when I have so much more success with that than my driver.
    Cliff what course was that?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Riverwinds 
    edited June 2021
    Riverwinds 
    Cool. Yeah that's a longer course. The white's are even 6500 ish. 

Good round!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Riverwinds 
    Cool. Yeah that's a longer course. The white's are even 6500 ish. 

Good round!
    I like it a lot. Lot of fun and tough shots and I seem to play decent there.  Some nice holes along the water on the back.

Likewise, impressive stuff. Sounds like you’ve come a long way.

Wish I could play more.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    My last 6 rounds.......81, 77, 83, 82, 81, 82.  Back at it today. Im at over 50 rounds this year so far. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Living the golf dream right there.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    JojoRice said:
    My last 6 rounds.......81, 77, 83, 82, 81, 82.  Back at it today. Im at over 50 rounds this year so far. 

Wow.  Super impressive.  I played 50 rounds once and that was 2014.  Not coincidentally, that was the year my index was at its lowest point.  Tough to play much more in Chicagoland (for me anyway), but I don't know that I'll sniff 50 rounds until my kids are off to college.  Until then I'll continue to hack around and play my 15-20 rounds a year.  :frowning:
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    JojoRice said:
     Im at over 50 rounds this year so far. 

Jelly.

Don't think I've played 50 rounds total since having kids
    Jumb0 said:
    JojoRice said:
     Im at over 50 rounds this year so far. 

Jelly.

Don't think I've played 50 rounds total since having kids
    I went years and only played a few rounds per year and only attended local concerts.  Now that two kids are adults and the last is 13, I get to travel to shows and play golf much more often.  For you young people out there.. I highly recommend having kids early!  I'm 48 and life is opening up. 
    bbiggs said:
    JojoRice said:

Wow.  Super impressive.  I played 50 rounds once and that was 2014.  Not coincidentally, that was the year my index was at its lowest point.  Tough to play much more in Chicagoland (for me anyway), but I don't know that I'll sniff 50 rounds until my kids are off to college.  Until then I'll continue to hack around and play my 15-20 rounds a year.  :frowning:
    15-20 still isn't too bad!  I'm prob around 20-30 rounds per year which is pretty nice.  But my kids are also young enough where I'm not dealing with youth sports every weekend....have maybe another year or 2 until all that starts up and then I'm in trouble.
    bbiggs said:
    JojoRice said:

15-20 still isn't too bad!  I'm prob around 20-30 rounds per year which is pretty nice.  But my kids are also young enough where I'm not dealing with youth sports every weekend....have maybe another year or 2 until all that starts up and then I'm in trouble.
    Yeah my kids are 8 and 10 and sports/activities are in full force. Last year was about 10-12 rounds so the 15-20 might be an optimistic forecast. I’m going for it though! 
    ^ Plus my little guy likes to play so I get him out with me for twilight rounds sometimes. Helps to sneak a few more in and he loves the game, so win-win. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Plus my little guy likes to play so I get him out with me for twilight rounds sometimes. Helps to sneak a few more in and he loves the game, so win-win. 
    That's awesome.  My kids are 4 and 2 (wife is pushing hard for a 3rd...I'm still torn on that one) so not dealing with sports/activities taking over my life completely just yet.  Have taken my 4 year old to the range a few times and he likes it.  Can't wait to actually start taking him to courses in a few years.
    We don't have kids which is why Im able to play so much. Also, having a membership certainly entices you to get your money's worth. My handicap is currently an 11.3 but I haven't turned in any scores over the last few weeks. Got a tournament coming up and don't need my handicap lowered. I'll put my scores in afterwards. 

JojoRice said:
    We don't have kids which is why Im able to play so much. Also, having a membership certainly entices you to get your money's worth. My handicap is currently an 11.3 but I haven't turned in any scores over the last few weeks. Got a tournament coming up and don't need my handicap lowered. I'll put my scores in afterwards. 
    There's no way you're still an 11 index with those rounds,  unless they are on easy courses. 
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    There's no way you're still an 11 index with those rounds,  unless they are on easy courses. 
    No way. Im definitely in the 9 or 10 range. Im a member at Dogwood Golf Club in Austell, GA. 95% of my rounds happen there. 

Hate my pick for this week but not changing it.  Let's go Brooks.

Bunch of Draft Kings. Should be a fun weekend.

All my guy Brooks does is show up big time when it matters the most.  Won't be surprised at all if he's right there on Sunday afternoon.

Went with Morikawa in my one and done pool. A few DK contests and a whole bunch of top 5 and top 10 bets.  Going to be a great weekend.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    if “my” juggler were to ever get in good with me, I might send him the pristine balls I find every day, as I do for “your empty glass.” empty only wants taylormades. I have another buddy who gets all the pristine pro V1s. any other brand or taylormades or pro V1s with sharpie marks, grass stains, etc. go to neighbors. I probably average 8 found balls a day. maxflis, top flites, etc. go back into the woods.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    if “my” juggler were to ever get in good with me, I might send him the pristine balls I find every day, as I do for “your empty glass.” empty only wants taylormades. I have another buddy who gets all the pristine pro V1s. any other brand or taylormades or pro V1s with sharpie marks, grass stains, etc. go to neighbors. I probably average 8 found balls a day. maxflis, top flites, etc. go back into the woods.
    You want me to get in good with you so you can provide me with your pristine balls?

Wob, this is an all ages forum. I don't feel comfortable. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Hot start for you guy Brooks!  Love it.
    Fucking Peacock? I gotta download Peacock to watch the last hour of golf today? What the hell? They switched to swimming!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    1 point to Bryson for the photobomb.