10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811
    GlowGirl said:

Every time I put a bag down .....

cute. mine would be inside the bag :lol:  

Oh, she does that as well. There is a whole big comfy rug, she has to curl up on a little piece of plastic bag. I love that little weirdo.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Bags, boxes. and shoelaces.  Draws 'em in every time.
    Someone’s turning it up for dinner...

With age comes subtlety (sometimes).

Daisy seems unimpressed. Silly cat. 
    It takes a lot to impress a cat. Boxes, string — you know, the expensive, hoity-toity stuff.

This one and I are having fun with her feather toy, post-catnip.

hedonist said:
    It takes a lot to impress a cat. Boxes, string — you know, the expensive, hoity-toity stuff.

So adorable. My cats love those feather toys. They really attack them. 
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

So adorable. My cats love those feather toys. They really attack them. 
    Those things really satisfy their hunt/catch/kill instincts. We use the laser pointer or a shoelace for jumps :)
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    My girls had a night…

Good kitties!

I’m about to purchase a few things from Jackson Galaxy’s site. I trust the Cat Daddy implicitly.  
    edited June 2021
    My girls had a night…

Earning their keep. Luckily I don’t have mice in my current apartment. But there was a period of time in my last apartment where I did. I think construction on the building next door sent them scurrying to my building. It is great when your cats catch them until you wake up one morning staring at a dead bloody mouse on the pillow next to you. I wasn’t sure if my cats were trying to send me a message Godfather style. I did start to feel sorry for the mice though. 
    GlowGirl said:
    My girls had a night…

Earning their keep. Luckily I don’t have mice in my current apartment. But there was a period of time in my last apartment where I did. I think construction on the building next door sent them scurrying to my building. It is great when your cats catch them until you wake up one morning staring at a dead bloody mouse on the pillow next to you. I wasn’t sure if my cats were trying to send me a message Godfather style. I did start to feel sorry for the mice though. 
    We knew last night that they were onto it... wife woke me up after 11 & wasn't too thrilled when my only solution at the time was to leave the lights on for the cats (not that they need them) & let nature take its course from there. I didn't get two cats just so I can sit up at night trying to catch a mouse. (wife's still haunted by the mouse part she found under the table from last summer's kill - thankfully that's the closest we've come to finding anything... no trophies on the pillow yet, my wife would lose her shit & burn the pillow if that happened - not really joking either) 

I got up this morning to see they had it cornered, it ran up a curtain and they were watching it up on the rod for who knows how long... One thing led to another & the hunt continued... I came out of the shower to find Alice growling at Chains to keep her away from her kill. Wouldn't be surprised if Chains got the kill & Alice just took it from her, but regardless, they got the job done. 

I imagine they'll be sleeping all day considering they were probably up all night. 

Good cats. 
    :heart:

hedonist said:

Little heartbreaker!!!

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    hedonist said:

She has perfectly striped pantaloons and a please rub me belly. She's way too cute.
    Belly scratches are returned by her in kind — albeit with claws.

Hence, I admire that area from afar :lol:
    hedonist said:

My Chains does that: rolls around like a seal showing off her belly... I rarely resist, knowing she'll give me one or two warnings before the claws come out... of course I ignore those warnings & eventually get the teeth  :D

Even still, the first tooth to skin is more a warning than anything else, I really have to push her buttons for her to get super aggressive... it's all a game for her - it's even more fun 10 minutes later when my wife interacts with her not knowing I just got her all riled up... I've been blamed (am to blame?) for more than one playful swipe gone wrong.  
    hedonist said:

My Chains does that: rolls around like a seal showing off her belly... I rarely resist, knowing she'll give me one or two warnings before the claws come out... of course I ignore those warnings & eventually get the teeth  :D

Even still, the first tooth to skin is more a warning than anything else, I really have to push her buttons for her to get super aggressive... it's all a game for her - it's even more fun 10 minutes later when my wife interacts with her not knowing I just got her all riled up... I've been blamed (am to blame?) for more than one playful swipe gone wrong.  
    I got teeth once, gently. Enough to leave an impression (literally AND figuratively!) but those razor claws get me every time I cross her line into dilated pupils and that pre-attack head-tilt.  Too damn cute!
    :lol:

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    Looks like Kali has Thyroid problems. I took her for her diabetes/glucose count last week. When I picked her up to put her in the carrier it felt like she lost some weight. Had the vet weigh her and test her blood work. she was a little over 6 pounds (last time i weighed her she was like 7 pounds). putting some treatment in her ears? Kinda weird spot to put medicine on a cat. It was either that or trying to get her to take a pill. Not sure how well that would have gone.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Looks like Kali has Thyroid problems. I took her for her diabetes/glucose count last week. When I picked her up to put her in the carrier it felt like she lost some weight. Had the vet weigh her and test her blood work. she was a little over 6 pounds (last time i weighed her she was like 7 pounds). putting some treatment in her ears? Kinda weird spot to put medicine on a cat. It was either that or trying to get her to take a pill. Not sure how well that would have gone.
    I am glad you caught it and hope she is on the mend. I had a cat once that also had the transdermal medicine in her ear. Make sure you either use gloves or a Q-tip to apply it. If it can penetrate their skin it can penetrate yours and well. I used the Q-tip and it worked well. 
    GlowGirl said:
    I am glad you caught it and hope she is on the mend. I had a cat once that also had the transdermal medicine in her ear. Make sure you either use gloves or a Q-tip to apply it. If it can penetrate their skin it can penetrate yours and well. I used the Q-tip and it worked well. 

yeah i have gloves/finger cots and the medicine is in a tube that you twist so you just apply it on there.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Aw, I hope the medicine helps her. 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    edited July 2021
    C knitted a new bag.  "Bag," said Annie?  She has other ideas for it:
    IMG

IMG

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Do you ever feel like you are being stared at?
    “Every breath you take…”
    GlowGirl said:

Do you ever feel like you are being stared at?

gorgeous eyes
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD