The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    edited May 2021
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/603645743059687/permalink/4073379392752954/

Every year on the 24th of May I try to get this song on here as I missed it by a day. 

The above photo is taken from Lakeside Park as a pavilion has been named after one of rock music's greatest drummers Neil E Peart.

This version is from their last tour together 2015 

Lakeside Park 

https://youtu.be/XLtW9iGTCYI

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Was that Eugene Levy?!
    Excellent Saturday chilling music.
    https://youtu.be/nZmhQSNpTJM

Midway hawkers calling, "Try your luck with me"
    Merry-go-round wheezing the same old melody
    A thousand ten-cent wonders, who could ask for more?
    A pocketful of silver, the key to heaven's door

Lakeside Park, willows in the breeze
    Lakeside Park, so many memories
    Laughing rides, midway lights
    Shining stars on summer nights

Days of barefoot freedom, racing with the waves
    Nights of starlit secrets, crackling driftwood flames
    Drinking by the lighthouse, smoking on the pier
    Still we saw the magic was fading every year

Lakeside Park, willows in the breeze
    Lakeside Park, so many memories
    Laughing rides, midway lights
    Shining stars on summer nights

Everyone would gather on the 24th of May
    Sitting in the sand to watch the fireworks display
    Dancing fires on the beach, singing songs together
    Though it's just a memory, some memories last forever

Good morning Hedo and The Train.....those are the lyrics to that song Lakeside Park. Summer is here as things heat even more down here in South Florida and this song got me thinking. Have you ever had one of those summers that stood amongst others and the memories that you may never forget? I have a couple, one three month stint in Nantucket and the other when I was a youngster living in Jamaica.

I feel I just have to share that time I was living in Jamaica and those memorable summers I spent up in the hills there. My mother would send me to the country (the Parrish of St. Mary) when we lived in the city of Kingston. I so looked forward to the summers because I didn’t quite fit in the city going to a private Catholic School St Mary’s. The friends I made in the country looked forward to seeing and hanging with me because according to them I spoke proper English. 

I can remember the freedom we had in the hills at such a young age. No parents looking or watching over us except we had to be home for dinner around six. From early morning we would swim naked in I think the Tiger River. When we would get hungry we would hunt for our food. Now I was 7 and learned how to climb breadfruit tree, chop down banana trees, the older boys would climb coconut trees. We would dig up sweet potatoes, jams and something called cocoa, a kind of yam. The best part was catching shrimps in that river by one of us lifting rocks and the rest catching the escaping shrimps. After everything was collected, we would make a fire, find a big pot and boil or fry most of the interchanging food we would collect. Fruits (guava, paramagnet, star apple, rose apple, tamarind, ripe bananas etc) we had later in the days. We ate like kings I tell ya, then on other summer days we would watch local cricket matches which is a game I think created b4 baseball and is somewhat similar to baseball. On other nights we watch movies in my father’s pub. I recall one Tarzan movie we watched and I tried to act like I was Tarzan down at the River. I almost drowned, I wasn’t a great swimmer in one deep hole jumping off a cliff falls. My father was a touring sound system engineer with his own sound system. I was able to get into all his dances and better yet get my friends in as well. He’s still alive today at 92.

As much great fun as I had with my friends each summer it seem it wasn’t as awesome as the year b4. I remember one year I was 9 that Tiger River was dry for some reason but we found other things to bide our time. By the time I was 10-11 I stopped the swimming naked thing, to me it got a bit embarrassing and of course thoughts of girls started to kick in.😁

So anyway those were some summer memories that will last forever till the time I’m not breathing on this earth. I think that’s why this particular RUSH song resonates so much with me today.

✌️Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited June 2021

Ok so my remembrances of my time in Jamaica, this song is fav of mine from Peter Tosh. I was in Jamaica visiting in 87’ for the first time since I left after 17 years. A hurricane had come through and we brought down food and supplies to help those in need that September. Only to hear the shocking sad news Peter Tosh had been killed in his own home from a robbery attempt.

To me this is one the best cover songs in that PT reworded the song to fit in with a Jamaican Johnny B. Goode.....

https://youtu.be/WXVDVvv3yK8

Oh I love the way PT is able to dance and sing with that spliff in his hand....he’s bad to the bone.

Peace

g, that captured summer so well. Nicely described.

I think my favorite/most summer-y summer was the one I turned 15. Parents had split, I was navigating through that and other shit...and starting to spread my wings on so many fronts. It was the summer of bonding with and “learning” from my sister, getting stoned, blasting music from our turntables. We had three of those then!

My 15th birthday party had Slash, Steve Adler, Tracy Ulrich (now “Tracii Guns” 🙄) and other friends playing in my backyard, and police were called when the music got too loud.

I told the cops i was turning 18...and they actually bought it. They dug the band too =)

Ah, Friday evening!

It’s still sunny and warm out, we ordered in two eighths and five j’s, the dude’s doing something online and I’m digging on Norm & Co.

Michael Keaton’s pretty down to earth and funny. I don’t know why Norm has breaks on his show...which are always aired. Such a silly man he is.  I adore him. 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    ^^^  Good ol' Norm, nice!  Keaton too.  Don't know the other dude.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Adam Eget — straight man to Norm. He also managed The Comedy Store here...an institution!
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    Adam Eget — straight man to Norm. He also managed The Comedy Store here...an institution!

Cool!  I'll have to try to download some of the show if I can (Hugh's Net, kind of like slow cooking only internet, lol.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

For these times.

Fake Affront, Puscifer

Heard it all before
    Shut up, (shut the fuck up)
    Whinge and bleat, baby, we've heard it all before

Sanctimonious, phony little shit
    You can drop the fake affront, pompous ass
    Heard it all before

Shut the fuck up

Shut the fuck up

Pious lipstick, smeared fundamentalism

Drop the fake affront, pompous ass
    Heard it all before
    Heard it all, heard it all

Shut the fuck up

Heard it all, heard it...
    Shut the fuck up
    Heard it all, hеard it...

Far right, far left, same shit
    You can drop the fakе affront, pompous ass

Heard it all before
    Heard it all before (ha, ha, ha, ha)
    Heard it all, heard it... (ha, ha, ha, ha)
    .Heard it all, heard it..,

https://youtu.be/zljrlArPu2E
    hedonist said:
    For these times.

Fake Affront, Puscifer

Heard it all before

Sanctimonious, phony little shit
    You can drop the fake affront, pompous ass
    Heard it all before

Shut the fuck up

Shut the fuck up

Pious lipstick, smeared fundamentalism

Drop the fake affront, pompous ass
    Heard it all before

Shut the fuck up

Heard it all, heard it...
    Shut the fuck up
    Heard it all, hеard it...

Far right, far left, same shit
    You can drop the fakе affront, pompous ass

Heard it all before
    Heard it all before (ha, ha, ha, ha)
    .Heard it all, heard it..,

https://youtu.be/zljrlArPu2E

Ha!  A modern take on this one:

YOU TALK TOO MUCH, Joe Jones

You talk too much
    You worry me to death
    You talk too much
    You even worry my pet

You just talk
    Talk too much

You talk about people
    That you don't know
    You talk about people
    Wherever you go

You just talk
    Talk too much

You talk about people
    That you've never seen
    You talk about people
    You can make me scream

You just talk
    you talk too much

[Instrumental Interlude]

You talk too much
    You worry me to death
    You talk too much
    You even worry my pet

You just talk
    Talk too much

You talk about people
    That you don't know
    You talk about people
    Wherever you go

You just talk
    Talk too much

You talk about people
    That you've never seen
    You talk about people

Page 2?  Pffft.  You'd think this forum is more about politics or something silly like that :lol:

Good day to crank this up.  Screw that silly feel-good music -- for me, today, at least.

https://youtu.be/D8LTCr3BQW8
    Keep arguing! I'll be over here with George.

https://youtu.be/_0f07eJ5e6E
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Hey everybody I've been away for awhile working some ridiculous hours. Anyway to calm my sanity I love all genre of instruments and instrumentmentals and I came across this and it worked me give a listen....

Ballake' Sissoko......Nan Sira Madi

https://youtu.be/O_J4VUFahKs

Peace

Kat said:
    Oh wow, I just saw that video. She is cute awesome with charisma and style. Not many young people want to play bass guitar these days.  However, with her talent I'm sure she can play other instruments as well. Great choice in that song TS, a song I literally air drum to every other day.😊

Peace

Very calming.

I hope you’re well, g. 
    Hey all.  My ISP is down.  Hughes Notworking.  On a borrowed device.  Major headache.  Will miss ya'all till I can get back on line.
    Take care,
    Peace and Love
    Brian

I think I will just hang out here today and drink coffee.  You all have a good day.

edited January 2022
    Happy New Year to all the Peeps on this Moving Train.

I caught up with video checking out some awesome 👌  playing from my favorite drummer Neil Elwood Pear-t of RUSH.

I came across this back in the day gem. I did not know he could play, I hear Buddy Rich saying....."Hey man, you slap them skins real nice". 

https://youtu.be/baHH2Kqz1SQ

Peace✌

A llate but happy new year to you, g. Second, Sammy was the man.

Lastly, I believe I have learned the meaning of Hicks’ “It’s Just a Ride” ;)

(and know that Danny Carey is a HUGE fan of Mr. Peart)

https://youtu.be/FBKnh0XrS1k
    edited February 2022
    Hello one and all, I hope everyone is doing well as we continue living through this pandemic.  

So I get these videos of percussion playing musicians from around the the world I came across this one. Her name is Nandi Bushell and I believe she's  from England. She's around 10-11 years, playing drum covers of various bands preferably her favorite metal bands. 

She decided to give this song a "try" after seeing an interview where Neil P-eart said the song is very difficult to play. I air drum to it all the time but I just can't keep up. It's  far from my favorite RUSH song but most people have heard it at least once.

Well here she goes giving it a try and check her out on the Chad Smith Show of the Red Hot Chili Peppers with her dad talking about music.....

https://youtu.be/JaPPVioejBw

I like what she says at the end. 

Peace

I think I will hang here and enjoy some nice hot coffee.  The vibe is so much better here than the other cars today!

g under p said:
    Hello one and all, I hope everyone is doing well as we continue living through this pandemic.  

So I get these videos of percussion playing musicians from around the the world I came across this one. Her name is Nandi Bushell and I believe she's  from England. She's around 10-11 years, playing drum covers of various bands preferably her favorite metal bands. 

She decided to give this song a "try" after seeing an interview where Neil P-eart said the song is very difficult to play. I air drum to it all the time but I just can't up. It's  far from my favorite RUSH song but most people have heard it at least once.

Well here she goes giving it a try and check her out on the Chad Smith Show of the Red Hot Chili Peppers with her dad talking about music.....

https://youtu.be/JaPPVioejBw

I like what she says at the end. 

Peace
    In the Toronto Sun even Alex Lifeson of RUSH approves of Nandi’s playing….it brought him to tears.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/rushs-alex-lifeson-brought-to-tears-by-british-drummer-nandi-bushell-11

Peace

• g under p said:

There are always young "finds".  I hope that they find their way and make it on their own.
    Kat said:

Food for the soul!
    <3