I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Dischord is putting out a box set of the first 5 7".  TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ORDER!!!
    https://www.dischord.com/

You want to hear a young Henry Rollins(Garfield) and Ian MacKaye?  Buy this.  Youth Brigade and Teen Idles aren't slouches either.  These first few albums continued that DC hardcore movement.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited June 2021
    Dischord is putting out a box set of the first 5 7".  TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ORDER!!!

You want to hear a young Henry Rollins(Garfield) and Ian MacKaye?  Buy this.  Youth Brigade and Teen Idles aren't slouches either.  These first few albums continued that DC hardcore movement.
    Thanks for the heads up! Forgot all about this. Shipping is only $17US less than the 6 albums (seems illogical) but for $100CDN and change total you can’t go wrong. I’m pretty stoked to have Government Issue’s first EP as well as the other gems in this set. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    received already..

ordered

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for the heads up Chris!
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • halvhalv Posts: 675

Thanks for the heads up! Forgot all about this. Shipping is only $17US less than the 6 albums (seems illogical) but for $100CDN and change total you can’t go wrong. I’m pretty stoked to have Government Issue’s first EP as well as the other gems in this set. 
    Just pulled the trigger on this one. $103 w/ shipping is a lot but I know I'll regret not buying this later on. Now the wait for it to arrive later this year. 
    halv said:

Just pulled the trigger on this one. $103 w/ shipping is a lot but I know I'll regret not buying this later on. Now the wait for it to arrive later this year. 
    That was my thought.  USPS shipping charges to Canada are a deterrent, but this was the only option. Great business opportunity for someone to compete with USPS/FedEx/UPS on cross border shipping. $33US shipping for a $50US product is just a tough pill to swallow. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853

Thanks for the heads up Chris!
    halv said:

Awesome!  Glad you all picked it up!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Another one from one of my all-time favorite blues players, Mr. Elmore James:
    The Master Of The Slide Guitar Vinyl Compilation LP album cover

Elmore James ‎– The Master Of The Slide Guitar

Label:
    Blues Encore ‎– BE LP 1506
    Format:
    Vinyl, Compilation, LP
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    My At Dawn 20th Anniversary 3LP from MMJ finally coming this week, along with 20th Anniversary LP of The Shins' debut. Bands either have to stop issuing 20th anniversary editions or I have to stop getting old to stop the wallet hits.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596

I’ve ordered 2! Shipping to New Zealand was crazy so they’ll go to a safe spot stateside. Stoked!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    ‘twas a good day

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Picked up these for RSD-

Toots and Maytals 
    The Replacements 
    Pete Yorn 
    Flaming Lips

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Wasn't able to get out today, but with pressing numbers being so high now and with stores looking to sell more online, I was able to pick up all my iso.

Monk
    Stillwater
    The Doors
    Hooverphonic
    Bobo Jenkins
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    MedozK said:
    Wasn't able to get out today, but with pressing numbers being so high now and with stores looking to sell more online, I was able to pick up all my iso.

Monk
    Stillwater
    The Doors
    Hooverphonic
    Bobo Jenkins
    I also picked up the two Steely Dan releases right around face value, which is surprising.  The pressings were only 5k US I think.  I'll wait for the general releases for the Police live records.  I had too good of a night last night to wreck it by getting up early. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Monk
    Stillwater
    The Doors
    Hooverphonic
    Bobo Jenkins
    I also picked up the two Steely Dan releases right around face value, which is surprising.  The pressings were only 5k US I think.  I'll wait for the general releases for the Police live records.  I had too good of a night last night to wreck it by getting up early. 
    Nice. I think I might try and find the Kenny Dorham somewhere online later.
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    RSD haul:
    Larry Coryell (Score!!!!!)
    The Doors
    Fela Kuti
    Tears For Fears
    Tom Tom Club
    Toots And The Maytals
    The Who  
    RSD haul:
    The Doors
    Fela Kuti
    Tears For Fears
    Tom Tom Club
    Toots And The Maytals
    The Who  

Larry's At the Village Gate is one of my top three (of the 18 I have) favorite Coryell's .  Such an amazing record and the fact that RSD re-issued it pretty damn awesome!  So cool that you dig it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Dirty Three
    Ariana Grande 
    Linkin Park
    Rage Against the Machine

still looking for Kenny Dorham and considering Tears For Fears….
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Big Colors - Ryan Adams (great album!)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    spending limit? whats that?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Nice haul!!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Those blues records look great. 
    Loujoe said:
    Those blues records look great. 

my spot seems to have over ordered just about everything.

and those guide records seemed important for me to have

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I was able to pick up Echo and the Bunnymen, Tear for Fears, Stillwater and RATM yesterday. 
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    brianlux said:
    RSD haul:
    The Doors
    Fela Kuti
    Tears For Fears
    Tom Tom Club
    Toots And The Maytals
    The Who  

Larry's At the Village Gate is one of my top three (of the 18 I have) favorite Coryell's .  Such an amazing record and the fact that RSD re-issued it pretty damn awesome!  So cool that you dig it!
    Oh yeah, I dig it! Larry is one those artists that is more than just the art for me. I think Larry was a special human being in his life outside of music. A positive force. I count myself extremely lucky to have seen him perform live twice. Now they just need to reissue "Fairyland" on vinyl so I can visit cloud 9.

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Some recent pick ups. Petty and Cold War Kids we’re my only grabs at RSD. Snagged the MOV pressing of Soup for $20 which is great. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

A few things I’ve picked up over the past month..
    brianlux said:
    RSD haul:
    The Doors
    Fela Kuti
    Tears For Fears
    Tom Tom Club
    Toots And The Maytals
    The Who  

Oh yeah, I dig it! Larry is one those artists that is more than just the art for me. I think Larry was a special human being in his life outside of music. A positive force. I count myself extremely lucky to have seen him perform live twice. Now they just need to reissue "Fairyland" on vinyl so I can visit cloud 9.

Oh man, for sure.  Larry was such a good soul. You can really get a sense of that from his book, Improvising and from the music film/documentary "Larry Coryell, A Retrospective", and, of course, from his whole great vibe.  A sweet guy, sorely missed.  Anything else you know of on Coryell I'd love to hear about.

The first time I saw Larry was at Fillmore West in his power "fusion" trio days in April, 1970, about 9 months before the Village Gate LP was recorded.  He was awesome.  Second time was October, 1988 at Stanford University with a trio called Guitar Jam with Laurindo Almeida and Sharon Isben featuring a blend of classical and jazz guitar- totally different and again, amazing.  Third and last time was in August of '88, this time with Ray Brown and Art Blakey- a straight ahead jazz trio.  Three shows, three totally different styles, all amazing. 

That's great that you got to see him twice.  I'd love to hear more about those shows- anything you care to share!

And yes, Fairyland!  What a great record.  I hope you get a hold of a copy one of these days or a reissue would be great.  It's fantastic!