Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Speaking of crazy... somehow I got totally screwed and my vaccine did NOT magnetize me.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/557509-expert-witness-tells-ohio-lawmakers-vaccine-can-magnetize-people
    Are you absolutely certain? It’s a matter of finding just the right cutlery. 
    Well the tip appears to be magnetized.  When I stuck the knife into my arm laterally, it stayed there.  So maybe I do have super human powers after all. 
    Keep working at it! The powers improve with practice. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Speaking of crazy... somehow I got totally screwed and my vaccine did NOT magnetize me.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/557509-expert-witness-tells-ohio-lawmakers-vaccine-can-magnetize-people
    Well the tip appears to be magnetized.  When I stuck the knife into my arm laterally, it stayed there.  So maybe I do have super human powers after all. 
    See, this is why I come here.  I can always count on people like you for positive reinforcement.  Thank you! 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that's what she said. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Manitoba government announces lottery for all those who get vaccinated. several prizes of $100K for adults, $25K scholarships for kids 12-17. 

even though I criticized it, damn straight I'll take it. lol I have no problem being a hypocrite with $100K in my bank account. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Manitoba government announces lottery for all those who get vaccinated. several prizes of $100K for adults, $25K scholarships for kids 12-17. 

even though I criticized it, damn straight I'll take it. lol I have no problem being a hypocrite with $100K in my bank account. 
    Pennsylvania - a bunch of suckers who got vaccinated to 70% of adults with no lottery incentive. They expect us to actually spend $2 for lottery tickets here!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Pennsylvania - a bunch of suckers who got vaccinated to 70% of adults with no lottery incentive. They expect us to actually spend $2 for lottery tickets here!
    they are worried about our uptake of the vaccine. I think only about 60+ percent have gotten their first, and it's been available a long time. There will be expected drop off of people who don't bother with their second, especially with summer holidays and the expected drop off of cases due to the season. I fully expect a fourth fucking wave in September due to these idiots. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

they are worried about our uptake of the vaccine. I think only about 60+ percent have gotten their first, and it's been available a long time. There will be expected drop off of people who don't bother with their second, especially with summer holidays and the expected drop off of cases due to the season. I fully expect a fourth fucking wave in September due to these idiots. 
    I agree.  But honestly what can you do.  The administration is pushing so hard here but people are fools.  
    mrussel1 said:

I agree.  But honestly what can you do.  The administration is pushing so hard here but people are fools.  
    i say just open it up, and if they have to choose who to treat and who not to, the ones who got the vaccine or couldn't for whatever reason get treated before the anti/lazy-vaxxers. fuck em. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

See, this is why I come here.  I can always count on people like you for positive reinforcement.  Thank you! 
    Well, that’s just me - always supportive! 
    mrussel1 said:

i say just open it up, and if they have to choose who to treat and who not to, the ones who got the vaccine or couldn't for whatever reason get treated before the anti/lazy-vaxxers. fuck em. 
    I have to say... I have the same attitude.  What more can we do?

Yeah I get it - several states have done the lottery thing. I think Ohio started the trend and supposedly it worked pretty well.

Anyway we have just said **** it and reopened everything, as you may have noticed a packed house at the 76ers playoff game last night. I'm afraid some non-vaccine takers are going to win Darwin awards...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

nothing. it will be sad to me if someone I know who refuses the vaccine dies. But it was their choice. been finding more and more examples of people I know and work with who are anti's. the things you learn about people during a pandemic. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

nothing. it will be sad to me if someone I know who refuses the vaccine dies. But it was their choice. been finding more and more examples of people I know and work with who are anti's. the things you learn about people during a pandemic. 
    My closest friend is very high risk.  His dad was/is a long hauler and was in really bad shape.  Yet he isn't getting it because he thinks it's too "new", not enough research, blah blah.  I keep saying it's a risk decision.  Is there a chance there could be a long term side effect?  Sure.  But if I (or he) got Covid, the risks are far, far higher.  I just don't get it.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

My closest friend is very high risk.  His dad was/is a long hauler and was in really bad shape.  Yet he isn't getting it because he thinks it's too "new", not enough research, blah blah.  I keep saying it's a risk decision.  Is there a chance there could be a long term side effect?  Sure.  But if I (or he) got Covid, the risks are far, far higher.  I just don't get it.
    there's been some anecdotal talk about long haulers getting better AFTER getting the vaccine. ever heard of this?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

there's been some anecdotal talk about long haulers getting better AFTER getting the vaccine. ever heard of this?
    Yes, I read an article about them getting better almost immediately after the shot.  His father has it kicked now, but it was at least 90 days of severe sickness last year.  I meant to ask him if he got the shot but I haven't yet.  
    My understanding is there has never been a vaccine that had long-term side effects. The side effects come within a week or so and are well documented.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    The  clots in az can  be upto 28 days after it says on my leaflet
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    The  clots in az can  be upto 28 days after it says on my leaflet
    that's short term. long term is considered anything after a few months I believe
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yeah i did see somewhere that the body has done everything it will do after a couple months of the vaccine
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The husband of one of my wife's friends refuses to get the vaccine. His wife & kids have both received it, but he refuses. On top of that, his father-in-law died from Covid....and he still refuses. Unreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    My understanding is there has never been a vaccine that had long-term side effects. The side effects come within a week or so and are well documented.
    If this is true, then it blows all of these arguments out the window (not that they had much of a leg to start). 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I wonder what percentage of people just didn't get the polio vaccine back in the day because it was "too new?"
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    If this is true, then it blows all of these arguments out the window (not that they had much of a leg to start). 
    it is true. it was one of the main arguments against vaccine hesitancy when they were first approved. unfortunately i didn't see too much of it being mentioned. i saw it mentioned a couple times on CNN, but they really should have run with this to raise the awareness level.

if MRUSSEL don't know, NOBODY know. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I wonder what percentage of people just didn't get the polio vaccine back in the day because it was "too new?"
    The same number of people that got their news from Facebook in the 1950s.

For real,  polio vaccine was a miracle of medicine.  

This is really just so depressing. 
    Yep, the COVID vaccines should be cause for universal celebration amongst all of humanity. It's so sad how our public discourse has been poisoned.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Lots of hypocrites justify their actions by receipt of the almighty dollar, so you shouldn’t feel too bad. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    mfc2006 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The husband of one of my wife's friends refuses to get the vaccine. His wife & kids have both received it, but he refuses. On top of that, his father-in-law died from Covid....and he still refuses. Unreal.

I have a friend that is hypersensitive about what he eats and puts into his body, he runs ultra marathons and that kind of stuff. He won't take it either, at least not now.  Needless to say, made for an awkward conversation as to why I dont want to go to a concert with him.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

I think my county (Chester) has the highest vaccine rate percentage in PA
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It’s frustrating how these people who talk about the vaccines being “rushed” or not undergoing enough testing act like they have any clue what the development, testing and approval processes actually are. None of them had ever given a second’s thought to vaccine development before a few months ago yet now they’re experts. Almost universally the people who actually know about vaccine development are completely fine with the processes that have been followed and know that all required testing was completed; it’s just that a ton of money and brainpower was put toward this issue, and sadly there was no shortage of potential test subjects. 

And yes, the number of credible long term negative effects of vaccines has been very small. 
    The mother of my elder 3 kids refuses vaccine and has co morbidity.  If fucks me up putting  my kids who have some co morbidity at risk because of facebook. Its a parasite in its own right. 
    I can't  cope with the fear anymore 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07