The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    mrussel1 said:
    VA gov just signed law yesterday allowing personal growing and possession.  So I will be asking lots of questions here!  Starting with... where do you get these gorilla glue seeds?
    I was looking at Seedbank and I’ve ordered from ILGM.  I have a friend who got really, really good at growing and he doesn’t smoke that much but his wife does all the time so he began growing to save money.  Now it’s a hobby.  When I started I asked him questions and he told me to start by reading. It became very confusing-what works for some doesn’t always work for others -confusing, confusing, confusing!  I found “Nebula Haze” from Grow Weed Easy was the best advice and easiest to understand. Plus she has a great name! And we’re all here to help so please feel free to ask! 
    I mean it’s a weed but if growing indoors it’s not that easy.  Growing becomes addictive and is super self satisfying especially since you’re caring for them for 5 or more months before you harvest, then cure, etc. I like knowing that I know who grew it also.  Questions, read and ask us......only way to learn. Have fun!  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    What is the basic process?  Is outdoor growing the best or indoor?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    VA gov just signed law yesterday allowing personal growing and possession.  So I will be asking lots of questions here!  Starting with... where do you get these gorilla glue seeds?
    I was looking at Seedbank and I’ve ordered from ILGM.  I have a friend who got really, really good at growing and he doesn’t smoke that much but his wife does all the time so he began growing to save money.  Now it’s a hobby.  When I started I asked him questions and he told me to start by reading. It became very confusing-what works for some doesn’t always work for others -confusing, confusing, confusing!  I found “Nebula Haze” from Grow Weed Easy was the best advice and easiest to understand. Plus she has a great name! And we’re all here to help so please feel free to ask! 
    I mean it’s a weed but if growing indoors it’s not that easy.  Growing becomes addictive and is super self satisfying especially since you’re caring for them for 5 or more months before you harvest, then cure, etc. I like knowing that I know who grew it also.  Questions, read and ask us......only way to learn. Have fun!  
    Hey thanks.  Are you growing indoor or out?  I live in VA which is temperate.  Warm summers and cool (not particularly cold) winters.  
    Gern & mrussel I’m going to try really hard not to confuse you and help as much as possible. 

Definitely start reading grow weed easy. 

I grow inside because we aren’t allowed to grow outside.  Smell is strong enough to get you in trouble so that should be your starting point as to grow in or out.  Outside - the sun is the best light you can get...free bug predators and rain water is free and not a horrible ph (tap water usually needs to sit to evaporate the chlorine and will need ph’d) PH is important the entire life of your plants. But there are outside issues too (over bug infested plant - mold if it’s rainy, etc)
    Next, what you can afford affects your set-up. 
    I started small because of $.. but if you can afford it get it all - tent, light, small fans, exhausts, and carbon filters (even if it’s legal you’ll want to scrub the smell for sure or things will reek)
    If you can afford it get feminized seeds from reputable dealer. If illegal where you are use something like Zelle bank Transfer. I used bag seed and if that’s what you have it will probably be fine - just have to watch for males and remove. I now buy seeds from banks and choose based on medical benefit - you’ll understand when you see the seed bank websites. 
    Next would be germination and here’s where it gets confusing-many ways to germinate & everyone seems to do it differently.  

I thought “what a jag off” my friend was not telling me what to do but he was definitely correct - you have to read but if you read too many different opinions it may confuse you (it did me) so I stuck with nebula haze. 
    So as you can see I haven’t really taught you a lot but it’s a lot of info for such a small portion of the growing instructions.  
    READ, READ, READ... start deciding about inside or out..pick your seeds and order or use bag seed less than 3 years old. Start looking at equipment whether expensive or not....you’ll have to choose a light source, soil type, etc. it’s a lot but I’ll help - read first then we’ll go from there! 
    good stuff!

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I'll tell you this....I have been really impressed with the pre-rolled joints I bought at a Michigan dispensary.  A few hits and we're good for the night.  A joint probably gives us 7 nights of hits and then we can put the roach in a bowl and smoke that fucker.

I'll tell you this....I have been really impressed with the pre-rolled joints I bought at a Michigan dispensary.  A few hits and we're good for the night.  A joint probably gives us 7 nights of hits and then we can put the roach in a bowl and smoke that fucker.
    Those shake joints you buy at the counter for $5-10 are the deal of the century.  I can't get those in VA yet, but can in DC.  We won't have flower available for sale until '24.  The rest is available now medically. 
    I don’t do well with auto flowers but they may be a good choice for beginners.  I like to manipulate plants for more yield but some say not to do it to auto’s because it stresses them too much.  All the info will make your head spin for awhile! 
    I don’t do well with auto flowers but they may be a good choice for beginners.  I like to manipulate plants for more yield but some say not to do it to auto’s because it stresses them too much.  All the info will make your head spin for awhile! 
    Sorry couple more points....you can’t clone auto flowers either so that’s another reason I don’t buy those seeds and whatever you do never, ever, ever sell it, don’t give it to anyone and don’t tell anyone you’re growing it.  Sure you can share as if you bought it but Cannabis is still a schedule one drug and if caught it won’t be pretty.  
    Sorry couple more points....you can’t clone auto flowers either so that’s another reason I don’t buy those seeds and whatever you do never, ever, ever sell it, don’t give it to anyone and don’t tell anyone you’re growing it.  Sure you can share as if you bought it but Cannabis is still a schedule one drug and if caught it won’t be pretty.  
    I don't understand.  Why are they different than any other flower, if it's legal to grow in your state?
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't understand.  Why are they different than any other flower, if it's legal to grow in your state?
    My fault,  auto’s are the same. I should have separated those comments. 

My warning was about the feds still consider it a schedule 1 drug and even it’s legal in your state they still have the right to enforce federal laws.  If you keep it to yourself the feds won’t know. 

Even if I could I wouldn’t grow outside....stuff smells and it shouldn’t hinder my neighbors air or cause children to ask questions
    mrussel1 said:
    My fault,  auto’s are the same. I should have separated those comments. 

My warning was about the feds still consider it a schedule 1 drug and even it’s legal in your state they still have the right to enforce federal laws.  If you keep it to yourself the feds won’t know. 

Even if I could I wouldn’t grow outside....stuff smells and it shouldn’t hinder my neighbors air or cause children to ask questions
    yeah that would be my concern.....I don't want my kids knowing I love it that much

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Red berry from last year’s harvest outdoor grow! Def pungent smell packs a good punch & taste very smooth..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I just re-upped my NYS medical card.  They started selling smokables at the dispensaries and I believe other goodies are on the way.  
    MayDay10 said:
    I just re-upped my NYS medical card.  They started selling smokables at the dispensaries and I believe other goodies are on the way.  
    Good for you enjoy it without worry! It’s about damn time.
    Just got a 1/4 ounce of Strawberry Diesel.  Also a 30 pack of cherry gummies.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited May 2021
    Lots of racists in the democrat ranks still supporting federal prohibition:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisroberts/2021/04/30/chuck-schumers-marijuana-legalization-plan-has-a-joe-biden-problem/

“If you support a racist or racist policies in any means, that makes you a racist”
    Biden seems to be one of the old school white racists.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    I ate one of my gummies last night.  It was fantastic
    PJPOWER said:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisroberts/2021/04/30/chuck-schumers-marijuana-legalization-plan-has-a-joe-biden-problem/

“If you support a racist or racist policies in any means, that makes you a racist”
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    edited May 2021
    PJPOWER said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Breaking news.. using Pjpowers logic.. republicans far more racist than democrats. Note there's no statistical difference in support by race. Only party.

Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Mmm mmm good. 

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    mrussel1 said:
    https://www.growerschoiceseeds.com/
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Time to attempt a plant..Thanks for this. I hope they follow through with this in Virginia..move up the legal sales timeline even
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Time to attempt a plant..Thanks for this. I hope they follow through with this in Virginia..move up the legal sales timeline even
    Cool! No problem. Enjoy! 
    Sunday smoking session hash&nug bowl hits 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Breaking news.. using Pjpowers logic.. republicans far more racist than democrats. Note there's no statistical difference in support by race. Only party.

it's always amazing to me how government gets away with doing the exact opposite of what the people who elected them want them to do. I guess it all boils down to banking on an apathetic public. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I think it’s going to be a good weekend  
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    So is a grow tent needed?  I have seen plants grown indoors with limited lighting and florescent lights.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Does making a product illegal that 1st nations people’s have been using for 1000’s of years make you a racist or ignorant?  remember 1st nations were here 1st and already had a functioning democracy that is used on many reserves today…

I say that makes you racist, both dems and republicans…

Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Does making a product illegal that 1st nations people’s have been using for 1000’s of years make you a racist or ignorant?  remember 1st nations were here 1st and already had a functioning democracy that is used on many reserves today…

I say that makes you racist, both dems and republicans…

Got it, so I support legalization but because I'm a member of the Democratic party I'm a racist.  Makes perfect fucking sense.