2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Cheers I’ll be drinking these tomorrow night watching game 2
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Awesome personalized hockey/PJ glass!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nerve racking win for Islanders but I’ll take it! Palmieri trade finally pays off..
    I m a Rangers fan but my son is an islanders fan so let s go Isles!!!
    Neither of you are Devs fans?  
    I guess since they came to NJ in the 80s and were crap for ten years or so that you are a Rangers fan....but they have been far more successful in the last 30 years than either the Rangers or Fishermen.
    Also, the Pru is an underrated barn to watch hockey in.

Signed,
    Also Not A Devil's Fan
    Yeah I rooted fir the Devils when they were on their run but never when they face the Isles! 
    Jose you want to take in a playoffs game?  I'm dying to go to one.
    I tried getting tickets for this round but it’s only for season ticket holders ughh 😡
    2nd rd I will try then.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nerve racking win for Islanders but I’ll take it! Palmieri trade finally pays off..
    I m a Rangers fan but my son is an islanders fan so let s go Isles!!!
    Neither of you are Devs fans?  
    I guess since they came to NJ in the 80s and were crap for ten years or so that you are a Rangers fan....but they have been far more successful in the last 30 years than either the Rangers or Fishermen.
    Also, the Pru is an underrated barn to watch hockey in.

Signed,
    Also Not A Devil's Fan
    Yeah I rooted fir the Devils when they were on their run but never when they face the Isles! 
    Jose you want to take in a playoffs game?  I'm dying to go to one.
    I tried getting tickets for this round but it’s only for season ticket holders ughh 😡
    2nd rd I will try then.  
    Don’t touch the $$$ we need to get past Pens 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    who was Ovie yelling at last night? the goalie or the dude who lost the puck?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    also, fuck marchand.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Fuck the Golden (Showers) Knights, Wobbie!
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    Canes are up 2-0, here's hoping it's 3-0 after tonight!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wobbie said:
    also, fuck marchand.
    This.

Fuck Little Putin, too. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Montreal surprised me.  Price was solid.  Hope John Taverras is ok.  He took a Perry knee to the head…unavoidable…of course. I know Foligno decided he needed to honour the code and fight Perry…pretty lame…

Byron winner was a beauty.  I still think Toronto wins. 

Give Peas A Chance…
    That Kadri hit on Faulk was brutal, hope he's ok.

Soupy gets the shutout (first playoff shutout!) and Gally puts up 3 points.
    Go Leafs.

However, this is the best part of the recap....the quote from Montreal's bench:

I wouldn’t get to excited about Toronto.  Montreal should not be in the playoffs.  The North d is weak and terrible.  The most impressive team in round 1 has been Tampa…

Give Peas A Chance…
    Go Isles!
    I wouldn’t get to excited about Toronto.  Montreal should not be in the playoffs.  The North d is weak and terrible.  The most impressive team in round 1 has been Tampa…

Yeah, I already shared here that I though the North is bad on D and not going to win...but that I would like to see Canada win one, finally, and Toronto in particular given a few strong Kings connections.

It is a battle, throughout, but these R2 match-ups could be wild given the crazy way the playoffs are set up this year.
    Pitt/Fisherman & Boston (Caps dead)...only 1 team advancing and the same thing in the west with what might have been a WCF showdown (Avs vs. Asshole Knights) being done before the final 4.  Say it is Boston, Tampa, Colorado, and North (Leafs) -- one of these teams clearly does not belong based on the eyeball test but they will certainly have a shot.  
    One team in the Semis will face a "soft" team from the North and the others will have an absolute knife fight on their hands to advance.  Can the soft team make a stand?

Damn, I love Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Didn't Tampa pull some crap keeping Kucherov on LTIR until the playoffs to skirt the salary cap rules? Legal, but dirty to add a, what, 8 mil player on top of a team already at the cap...

Anyway Canes won last night, one more tomorrow to knock out the preds.

Yeah, I already shared here that I though the North is bad on D and not going to win...but that I would like to see Canada win one, finally, and Toronto in particular given a few strong Kings connections.

It is a battle, throughout, but these R2 match-ups could be wild given the crazy way the playoffs are set up this year.
    Pitt/Fisherman & Boston (Caps dead)...only 1 team advancing and the same thing in the west with what might have been a WCF showdown (Avs vs. Asshole Knights) being done before the final 4.  Say it is Boston, Tampa, Colorado, and North (Leafs) -- one of these teams clearly does not belong based on the eyeball test but they will certainly have a shot.  
    One team in the Semis will face a "soft" team from the North and the others will have an absolute knife fight on their hands to advance.  Can the soft team make a stand?

Damn, I love Stanley Cup Playoffs!

You make some great points.  I’ll cheer any Canadian team but Toronto or Vancouver…lol

I believe Toronto has short window to win…this season might be their best chance considering they look like they will get a free pass to the semi’s…

Boston and Tampa are both better than the leafs.  And Boston getting Taylor Hall may turn out to be one of the best trades made…They look so much better with him in their lineup.   Jeff  Carter in Pittsburgh has been a difference maker.  
    I still like Vegas in the west.

Being a Montreal fan, I do have a soft spot for your Kings which goes all the way back to the Gretzky trade.  

Some good hockey…we need a couple to go to game 7
    Give Peas A Chance…
    a5pj said:
    Didn't Tampa pull some crap keeping Kucherov on LTIR until the playoffs to skirt the salary cap rules? Legal, but dirty to add a, what, 8 mil player on top of a team already at the cap...

Yes.  That’s what I read.  If they found a loophole…good for them.  Nothing was stopping other teams from exploiting that loophole.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Montreal needs to fire Bergeron and Timmons and the entire coaching staff…Bergeron in 9 years and that’s the crap that he built…The Montreal Canadians have fallen hard, very hard…and need a complete rebuild too to bottom…

only untouchables are Price, Perry, Caufield, Suzuki and Romanov…IMO.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    a5pj said:

Kucherov did have an injury heading into the season, but Tampa managed to keep him on LTIR all year which meant his salary did not count. Then when the playoffs started and the salary cap doesn't matter anymore he was magically 100% healthy. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Jumb0 said:
    a5pj said:

Kucherov did have an injury heading into the season, but Tampa managed to keep him on LTIR all year which meant his salary did not count. Then when the playoffs started and the salary cap doesn't matter anymore he was magically 100% healthy. 
    Yes and no.  He had hip surgery so it wasn't like it was a fake injury.  In fact, he wasn't supposed to be back until round 2, he just got back early.  But yes, the Bolts manipulated the salary cap rules to their advantage because of the injury, but that's not tampering or anything.  They played it smart in a shortened season.  
    Go Isles!

crazy that they beat the Pens while getting hardly any shots.

I’m still a baseball fan first, but hockey might be the best sport going.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Wobbie said:
    I’m still a baseball fan first, but hockey might be the best sport going.

NHL playoffs are the best playoffs
    those Isles fans were pumped up.

my VGK may be shitting the bed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So I haven't noticed any crazy beards yet and it's been a good week now.  Do hockey players not do the "no shave" playoff thing anymore?  This is the first year in a long time that I am excited about the Islanders so I am finally watching.  I went to my first game in forever 2 years ago and got to watch Barzal, man was he fast.  I'm slowly coming back.

Question?

Will anyone ever score 50 goals in 50 games again?  Is that even possible?

Go Isles.  Taking out the juggernaut Pens!
    edited May 2021
    Could happen. Matthews was within reasonable distance this year.  
    The seasons are not fifty games, though, are you thinking over a single stretch in a season?

People don't grow crazy beards In a week, unless they are related to sasquatch.  Lol.  As far as I know many players still do the goofy playoff beard thing.  

I couldn't believe that flurry of goals Jarry let in.  He shit the bed big time but it was great to see the Fisherman beat the Pens.  I thought the Pens might make a cup run with all of that veteran talent but the goalie shit out.  The Isles have some good players and two good goalies.  Could ride a hot hand and make some waves.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Oh, and fuck the Golden Trump Showers.
    Could happen. Matthews was within reasonable distance this year.  
    The seasons are not fifty games, though, are you thinking over a single stretch in a season?

People don't grow crazy beards In a week, unless they are related to sasquatch.  Lol.  As far as I knowamy players still do the goofy playoff beard thing.  

I couldn't believe that flurry of goals Jarry let in.  He shit the bed big time but it was great to see the Fisherman beat the Pens.  I thought the Pens might make a cup run with all of that veteran talent but the goalie shit out.  The Isles have some good players and two good goalies.  Could ride a hot hand and make some waves.
    Last 2 years were messed up but when they go back to the 82 game season can someone score 50 in 50?  Hasn't been done since Hull.  It was something while growing up I was in awe with having Gretzky, Lemieux and Hull all do it.

This guy Matthews can possibly do it?  I thought Ovechkin would have a chance in his early years but goal scoring isn't like it used to be.
    So I haven't noticed any crazy beards yet and it's been a good week now.  Do hockey players not do the "no shave" playoff thing anymore?  This is the first year in a long time that I am excited about the Islanders so I am finally watching.  I went to my first game in forever 2 years ago and got to watch Barzal, man was he fast.  I'm slowly coming back.

Question?

Will anyone ever score 50 goals in 50 games again?  Is that even possible?

Go Isles.  Taking out the juggernaut Pens!
    The last player to score 50 goals in 50 games was Cam Neely…93/94.

If Ovie has not done it, then I do not see it getting done…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    SeaBass was awesome, loved Neely.