tea party

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    new track "Summertime" out today. easily the worst song this band has ever released. What an abysmal attempt at radio play and beer commercial marketing. 

they might as well make a video of the band on a dock surrounded by bikini clad hotties wearing Corona cowboy hats. 

Blech. 
    That Black River EP was pretty underwhelming… seems like the downhill slide continues 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I didn't mind black river, but yeah, it wasn't up to par with other stuff. Still liked it better than Ocean At The End. this song just reeks of trying to monetize their art as much as possible. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I didn't mind black river, but yeah, it wasn't up to par with other stuff. Still liked it better than Ocean At The End. this song just reeks of trying to monetize their art as much as possible. 
    I’m actually like Ocean at the End except for that song Brazil. 
     I saw them in Montreal when they were touring for that album. Great show.
    Brazil, omg, the first time I heard that one my first thought was "oh my god are they trying to write an anthem that will get picked up by the soccer teams?". just such....pandering. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Brazil, omg, the first time I heard that one my first thought was "oh my god are they trying to write an anthem that will get picked up by the soccer teams?". just such....pandering. 
    Yup. I still don’t like that song. Lol. It’s not good. 
    so Jeff Martin has a new project up. a solo album called The Seven Sins. it's a pledge drive type thing, through pozible. for a vinyl copy of the record to come to canada it's $91 CDN. god I hate how this guy rips off his fans at every turn. everything is ridiculously limited and super expensive. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• so Jeff Martin has a new project up. a solo album called The Seven Sins. it's a pledge drive type thing, through pozible. for a vinyl copy of the record to come to canada it's $91 CDN. god I hate how this guy rips off his fans at every turn. everything is ridiculously limited and super expensive. 
    Exactly why I’ve never bought any of his solo stuff. I love the Tea Party but JM is an egomaniac. 
    so Jeff Martin has a new project up. a solo album called The Seven Sins. it's a pledge drive type thing, through pozible. for a vinyl copy of the record to come to canada it's $91 CDN. god I hate how this guy rips off his fans at every turn. everything is ridiculously limited and super expensive. 
    Exactly why I’ve never bought any of his solo stuff. I love the Tea Party but JM is an egomaniac. 
    i have all of it and lots of it cost me an arm and a leg. I really dig his music, and until recently, most wasn't even available digitally. some of it is now. Exile and the Kingdom vinyl is $59 AUD plus shipping. that's just outrageous. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

so I buckled and bought the vinyl for the upcoming release Seven Sins. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• toolietoolie Posts: 388
    so I buckled and bought the vinyl for the upcoming release Seven Sins. 
    Bahaha you have my kind of willpower!! Stoked for you man, hope it is good! Too rich for my blood (for now). 
    edited October 2021
    wow. didn't see this one coming. Tea Party announce a "European only" release called Blood Moon Rising, which comprises of the Black River EP plus more tracks recorded since that release. And the limited edition digipak release has bonus tracks. 

no tracklist or any other info. 

https://www.insideoutshop.de/Search?q=tea+part

someone on twitter commented "what about Canada" and they replied "more news for Canada and Australia coming soon". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I tried ordering it anyway but it won't let you check out with a non-European address. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hmmm interesting. Wonder what they are going to release here. 
    I know they are going to re-release the indie record for their 30th anniversary. but I hope North America doesn't miss out on any of the content that Europe is getting with regards to this new "album". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Oh cool I didn't even know that - I still have never heard that early stuff. I wonder how expensive these are all gonna be in the NA market.
  • wow. didn't see this one coming. Tea Party announce a "European only" release called Blood Moon Rising, which comprises of the Black River EP plus more tracks recorded since that release. And the limited edition digipak release has bonus tracks. 

no tracklist or any other info. 

https://www.insideoutshop.de/Search?q=tea+part

someone on twitter commented "what about Canada" and they replied "more news for Canada and Australia coming soon". 
    Cool. My signed copy of the Black River EP is an awful pressing.
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    edited October 2021
    Here's the bonus track edition tracklist. I assume it's just the last 2 covers and live version of Way Way Down that are the bonus tracks. I thought most of the Black River EP was good, wasn't a fan of Summertime though. Hopefully the other new tracks will be better.

1 Black River
    2 Way Way Down
    3 Sunshower
    4 So Careless
    5 Our Love
    6 Hole in My Heart
    7 Shelter
    8 Summertime
    9 Out on the Tiles (cover version)
    10 The Beautiful
    11 Blood Moon Rising (Wattsy's Song)
    12 Isolation (cover version)
    13 Everyday Is Like Sunday (cover version)
    14 Way Way Down (Bonus Live Version)

Post edited by RoeDawg13 on
    I am wired and fading...
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    wierd that it's a euro release.  I thought TTP's biggest following was in Canada and Australia.  Seems odd to release it in Europe?
    Indie record up for double vinyl and double deluxe CD preorder. music vaultz and amazon. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Indie record up for double vinyl and double deluxe CD preorder. music vaultz and amazon. 
    Awesome! I added it to my Shopping List on Amazon to look for it in local indie record stores once it’s released in December. Thanks! 
    I have the original CD and cassette for this, not sure if I want the vinyl or just the 24/96 for this one. I may wait a couple weeks and listen to the digital before making a commitment
    I am wired and fading...
    I have the cd. gave my cassette to a buddy. still ordered vinyl and deluxe cd. what's "the 24/96"?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited October 2021
    new music (album? EP?) coming called Sunshower. For a band that has the word "black" in a lot of its song titles and lyrics, this is odd....

edit: confirmed, it's an EP
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I have the cd. gave my cassette to a buddy. still ordered vinyl and deluxe cd. what's "the 24/96"?
    FLAC resolution. Or ALAC if you go the apple route.
    I am wired and fading...
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    I wonder if it's the back half of the album that's coming out in Europe.  The Europe one is the black river EP plus a bunch of new stuff and covers.
    Zod said:
    I wonder if it's the back half of the album that's coming out in Europe.  The Europe one is the black river EP plus a bunch of new stuff and covers.
    yeah, there really isn't much we haven't already heard.

track 2 sunshower
    track 5 our love
    track 6 hole in my heart
    track 10 the beautiful
    track 14 way way down (bonus live version)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

if anyone is a TP completist, it looks like you can order these from here:

https://www.recordshopx.com/artist/tea_party/blood_moon_rising/#756208

I didn't click "confirm" on my transaction, who knows, maybe it would be cancelled, but I got all the way to the payment stage. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Amazon”pre-order guaranteed price”. Lol Wtf? 

that's insane. I ordered mine from Amazon and got it for $41 all in. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• that's insane. I ordered mine from Amazon and got it for $41 all in. 
    I think mine was $37 or something. I was looking at other “coming soon” titles and saw this “pre-order guarantee”. It’s still that price. Wild stuff