*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    RiotZact said:
    God damn I love Morey.

personally I love money more :wink:
    In another tweet he advocated for Sam Hinkie to ring the bell before a game. I love this team!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    ummmmm...  :confounded:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    What a weird schedule. So they have two more games, both against Orlando, and both at home?

Looks like they can't rest anyone until at best the 2nd half of the last game now.
  • DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    What a weird schedule. So they have two more games, both against Orlando, and both at home?

Looks like they can't rest anyone until at best the 2nd half of the last game now.
    We have the tie breaker over the Nets.  We just need 1 win or Nets loss and the division is ours.  We beat Orlando next game (we will) and it's clinched and we can rest our players for a full week (Last game + during play in tournament)

1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
    They had issues with the zone last year too...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And that's game.  Sixers clinch the 1 seed!  Hopefully they rest everyone on Sunday.
    It’s been a process to get to this point. 

Cheers to those who placed their trust in it.

Clap Your Hands. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Twenty. Fucking. Years. Since this last happened. Christ almighty.
    Twenty. Fucking. Years. Since this last happened. Christ almighty.

It's been a long wait.  We deserve it lol.

1st round doesn't start until Saturday so we have 7 days off to get healthy and rest.  That will be massive for this team.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Heard a pretty crazy stat that this is only the 6th time that the Sixers have won the Atlantic Division since its inception in 1970. The Raptors joined the division in 2004 and have won it 7 times. Can’t take these opportunities for granted. 

HERE. THEY. COME. 
    Ugh looking up Sixers playoff tickets. Should've held onto some of my Trump bux.
    Ugh looking up Sixers playoff tickets. Should've held onto some of my Trump bux.
    I’m guessing they will change because they haven’t even been sold to season ticket holders yet. My time slot is 4:00 pm on Monday. 
    edited May 2021
    Hoping to score tickets to game 1 and 5 tonight! They are selling them in 2 packages, Package A gets you games 1 and 5 and Package B gets you games 2 and 7. 

I think best case is Washington gets the 7 seed and gives Brooklyn some headaches in round 1, then Boston gets the 8 seed. Remember how sympathetic Celtics fans were when the Sixers had a down year and were missing their second best player? Hmmm. 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    RiotZact said:
    Hoping to score tickets to game 1 and 5 tonight! They are selling them in 2 packages, Package A gets you games 1 and 5 and Package B gets you games 2 and 7. 

I think best case is Washington gets the 7 seed and gives Brooklyn some headaches in round 1, then Boston gets the 8 seed. Remember how sympathetic Celtics fans were when the Sixers had a down year and were missing their second best player? Hmmm. 
    It would be immensely satisfying to crush any version of the Celtics.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I'm just glad we avoided Miami. 

Would be quite a run to get the Celtics followed up by the Knicks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Some people were saying that it was so cowardly to want to avoid the Heat, being that they are a 6 seed and don’t seem like a great team. But to me there is a difference between fearing losing the series vs. wanting the 2nd round series to be as easy as possible. Do I think the Sixers would lose a 7-game series to the Heat? No. Would I rather play the Knicks if given the choice? Fuck yeah. Ben Simmons has literally NEVER lost to the Knicks. Meanwhile the Heat give us fits regularly. Why not have the easiest path possible? Isn’t that why you strive for the 1 seed? 
    RiotZact said:

Some people were saying that it was so cowardly to want to avoid the Heat, being that they are a 6 seed and don’t seem like a great team. But to me there is a difference between fearing losing the series vs. wanting the 2nd round series to be as easy as possible. Do I think the Sixers would lose a 7-game series to the Heat? No. Would I rather play the Knicks if given the choice? Fuck yeah. Ben Simmons has literally NEVER lost to the Knicks. Meanwhile the Heat give us fits regularly. Why not have the easiest path possible? Isn’t that why you strive for the 1 seed? 
    Those people are stupid. Yeah, if you don't care about getting favorable matchups then you don't care about getting the 1 seed either. lol.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    RiotZact said:

Those people are stupid. Yeah, if you don't care about getting favorable matchups then you don't care about getting the 1 seed either. lol.
    Exactly. We could still face the heat in the Conf Finals. I don't remember the 2 million+ at each Flyers parade saying how they "avoided" Montreal in the playoffs. (Well I wasn't alive, so of course I don't remember...)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    RiotZact said:

Yeah. Some fans had a very “if we’re really the best then we shouldn’t care who we play” attitude. I don’t think some people realize how dependent some championships are on their matchups. Jordan could easily have more or less rings if he had different playoff matchups. 

Hell, look at the 2019 Raptors. If it weren’t for the Golden State injuries, trading everything for KL probably would have looked like one of the dumbest front office moves ever. But instead it’s genius, all because they got lucky with the matchup. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

You'd have to beat the Celtics to get the Knicks.  ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

We owe you guys one, or two or three. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

Well we're ripe for the picking this year without Jaylen Brown and having been a completely dysfunctional squad all season.
    That being said, conventional wisdom here is the Celts' best path is to lose to the Wiz tomorrow then beat the Pacers/Hornets winner Thursday cause there's a glimmer of a shot vs The Process, if we beat the Wiz, Brooklyn will curb stomp the C's. (barring injury)
    edited May 2021
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Well we're ripe for the picking this year without Jaylen Brown and having been a completely dysfunctional squad all season.
    That being said, conventional wisdom here is the Celts' best path is to lose to the Wiz tomorrow then beat the Pacers/Hornets winner Thursday cause there's a glimmer of a shot vs The Process, if we beat the Wiz, Brooklyn will curb stomp the C's. (barring injury)
    I’m pretty sure that all paths lead to a curb stomp for the Celtics. When was the last time they beat the Sixers when Ben has been healthy? 2018?
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

When was the last time they beat the Sixers when Ben has been healthy? 2018?
    Give or take 2 years

76ers vs. Celtics - Game Summary - February 1, 2020 - ESPN
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

When was the last time they beat the Sixers when Ben has been healthy? 2018?
    Give or take 2 years

76ers vs. Celtics - Game Summary - February 1, 2020 - ESPN
    Fair enough! Perhaps Boston can collectively cross it’s fingers in hopes that Joel Embiid will go 1-11?

I’m just fucking around. But I honestly would be surprised if it went more than 5 games. 
    I don't think Celts have much of a shot, but think they have far less of a shot against Brooklyn.
    At least against Philly, the emotional scars of how thoroughly the Celts have dominated the most recent playoff meetings could sow a few seeds of doubt in the Philly core. 
    Got tickets to games 1 and 5!

Upper level, dead center, row 10. 

I’ve never been so excited to tell the opposing starters that they suck and to clap my hands/stomp my feet!
    Full capacity for first round?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Full capacity for first round?
    Probably not right? I don't think Philly goes full-on until the 12th.
    50%