***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    goldrush said:
    https://youtu.be/MN9YLLQl7gE

This may be the best thing Jagger's done in years!
    the music is decent, but the lyrics are trash. sounds like he just wanted to write something about covid and forced it out. 
    I agree... but even then it’s still the best thing he’s done in years!  =)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:
    https://youtu.be/MN9YLLQl7gE

This may be the best thing Jagger's done in years!
    the music is decent, but the lyrics are trash. sounds like he just wanted to write something about covid and forced it out. 
    I agree... but even then it’s still the best thing he’s done in years!  =)
    LOL. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Reminds me of an SNL punk parody
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Dave Grohl and his daughter Violet teamed up to cover X's Nausea. Violet on vocals. It's good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUcqs-xNW8w

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Pap said:
    I was at the show....they played (not in order):

Times Like These
    Everlong
    All My Life
    Back in Black
    "Hero"
    Best of You
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    So the last album didn't sell Foo Fighters-good?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    So the last album didn't sell Foo Fighters-good?
    I think albums continue to sell less and less as time moves on.   Thus every album a rock band puts out doesn't usually sell as much as the one before it.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I still like the new LP. Great addition to their catalog! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    I agree. I’m a big fan of their new album. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,838
    Here here 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Congrats to the Foo Fighters for their 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction. 
    I'm stunned the foos got in on first ballot. I love the Foos. I love Dave. But really? they are run of the mill rock n roll. How is that HOF worthy over a band as ground breaking as Rage?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    I'm stunned the foos got in on first ballot. I love the Foos. I love Dave. But really? they are run of the mill rock n roll. How is that HOF worthy over a band as ground breaking as Rage?
    I’m not a Foos fan at all and I am surprised at the first ballot. No business getting in before Chris Cornell or Soundgarden. But I guess once you let Bon Jovi in . . .  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Because Rage isn't touring this year and they are next year (and the Foos are touring this year) and it makes sense to get an active band there to play. 

Its dumb, but the whole thing is dumb too. The fact that Kraftwerk and Gil Scott-Heron have to get back end inducted is weird. I'm sure they'll do that for Fela next year.

Because Rage isn't touring this year and they are next year (and the Foos are touring this year) and it makes sense to get an active band there to play. 

Its dumb, but the whole thing is dumb too. The fact that Kraftwerk and Gil Scott-Heron have to get back end inducted is weird. I'm sure they'll do that for Fela next year.

really? touring factors into it? that's SUPER dumb. rage was actually supposed to tour. I had tickets for next month. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    100% agree with you man. Awesome they are. Ground breaking and influential? (In Borat voice) Not so much.

Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    With Tom Morello being a part of the RNRHOF too... I mean, he was the one who pitched KISS and got them in.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Have been semi-obsessed with The Pretender lately. 
    Remember really liking it when it came out but nothing the stuck in my head like it has been for the past week+
    Great tune
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

From the ashes of Nirvana. It's quite the story of success, from an era defining loss. He could have easily thrown in the towel. When I listen to the Foo Fighters, I am always reminded of this. Musically? I mean, you can't fucking beat those first three records. Everything since? Brilliant, occasional formula-tic rock n' roll you can sing and dance to. The HOF, like people, is flawed and at times confusing (i.e. see people). I honestly, ultimately, don't care who gets in, who doesn't. I know Rage is worthy, more than worthy, but the HOF doesn't dictate who is awesome by virtue of the order they bring artists in.
    www.cluthelee.com

From the ashes of Nirvana. It's quite the story of success, from an era defining loss. He could have easily thrown in the towel. When I listen to the Foo Fighters, I am always reminded of this. Musically? I mean, you can't fucking beat those first three records. Everything since? Brilliant, occasional formula-tic rock n' roll you can sing and dance to. The HOF, like people, is flawed and at times confusing (i.e. see people). I honestly, ultimately, don't care who gets in, who doesn't. I know Rage is worthy, more than worthy, but the HOF doesn't dictate who is awesome by virtue of the order they bring artists in.
    it is an insane success story. to think it might not have happened if kurt had lived is a mind fark. or where Nirvana would have gone if Dave had started contributing in the writing. I mean, it would have happened. Marigold was on the last single that was pulled when Kurt died. 

I honestly don't care who gets in or doesn't either, the hall has been a joke (IMHO) for a very long time, I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this decision. I just find it odd. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

it is an insane success story. to think it might not have happened if kurt had lived is a mind fark. or where Nirvana would have gone if Dave had started contributing in the writing. I mean, it would have happened. Marigold was on the last single that was pulled when Kurt died. 

I honestly don't care who gets in or doesn't either, the hall has been a joke (IMHO) for a very long time, I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this decision. I just find it odd. 

I can't remember where I read this, and I'm grossly paraphrasing, but that Kurt was interested in the pop evolution of Nirvana's music. It's easy for me to day dream about him making music when I hear stuff that King Buzzo has put out, or Mark fucking Lanegan. It's a miracle that guy is still alive, but I could see a recovered and healthy Kurt to be mining that endless muse in 2021....his death still has an impact on me, so much so it is hard to listen to Nirvana. I was 16 when Kurt died, I remember being downstairs in my room taping this like all day Nirvana tribute on K-SHE 95 out of St.Louis and my Pop coming down and telling me he could understand the impact. He said after John Lennon was murdered, it was hard to listen to The Beatles or his solo stuff because, in part, an intense sadness of what could have been. I was and am still so fortunate to have a father who made efforts to relate to me. My Mom was the same way. Wow, big feelings! Ok, moving on! Fuck the HOF. We know what's awesome. We just want others to find the awesome that we know so well!
    www.cluthelee.com

I can't remember where I read this, and I'm grossly paraphrasing, but that Kurt was interested in the pop evolution of Nirvana's music. It's easy for me to day dream about him making music when I hear stuff that King Buzzo has put out, or Mark fucking Lanegan. It's a miracle that guy is still alive, but I could see a recovered and healthy Kurt to be mining that endless muse in 2021....his death still has an impact on me, so much so it is hard to listen to Nirvana. I was 16 when Kurt died, I remember being downstairs in my room taping this like all day Nirvana tribute on K-SHE 95 out of St.Louis and my Pop coming down and telling me he could understand the impact. He said after John Lennon was murdered, it was hard to listen to The Beatles or his solo stuff because, in part, an intense sadness of what could have been. I was and am still so fortunate to have a father who made efforts to relate to me. My Mom was the same way. Wow, big feelings! Ok, moving on! Fuck the HOF. We know what's awesome. We just want others to find the awesome that we know so well!
    he was a massive pop music fan, and you're right I think, that he wanted to take the band to a less "loud and screaming" sound. He loved REM. He said he wanted to start a project with Michael Stipe. Imagine what the fuck that would have been. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DE4173DE4173 Posts: 318

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    DE4173 said:

I got my tickets for Milwaukee
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    I had a reoccuring dream the last few years that Nirvana found a way to take over Pearl Jam after Bourbon and Beyond.  
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Anyone heard how the MSG ticketing is going to work?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    CopperTom said:
    Anyone heard how the MSG ticketing is going to work?
    Full vaxed only. Presale today at 11